Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Waihti

Knight at Arms
You are helping Diplomacy alot if you test the features and post your experiences and feeling about them here (or in a new thread if you think it's worth a discussion).

What do you think of Diplomacy? Why do you like it, why not?

I should first say Congratulations on your sub board. You've earned it.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I love Diplomacy mod, the little I've played. I've been stuck between playing Age of Change, Recruiter mod and Diplomacy mod. Age of Change has won my heart, simply because it has more potential to be bigger with all those "minor" mods in it.

But now, Diplomacy isn't that minor, since it opens up a whole new concept of the game, which is very needed. I'd like to hail your work, since it's pretty darn awesome :grin:

Your job is great and will be epic! but how many versions do you think there will be?

I think doing much small changings (not bug fix ofcrz) instead of doing few but huge is not good. I mean 'let's my barons buy new horse' in v.2.0.1.0 and 'buy a dinner for my lord-prisoner for +1 relation' in v. 2.0.1.01 :wink:

Diplomacy is a diplomacy and conspiracy, making a plot or cabal. You know what I mean. The net of changings should be bigger and more important for political succes. Buing a dinner for prisoner or something like that (as it was in suggestions) is a good idea, but when every changings are not save compatibility, starting a new game and testing only one is going to be really hard work. Or maybe only I think like that :smile:

Anyway, Diplomacy is great now and as an idea! Keep workin' man!

Ah. I have asked once my 'husband' (fool, he don't know that I only wana use him, hehe - I am playing a woman) to buy a bread, and he tells me that I have to wait for merchant. Is it correct?

bartic said:
Your job is great and will be epic! but how many versions do you think there will be?

I think doing much small changings (not bug fix ofcrz) instead of doing few but huge is not good. I mean 'let's my barons buy new horse' in v.2.0.1.0 and 'buy a dinner for my lord-prisoner for +1 relation' in v. 2.0.1.01 :wink:

Buing a dinner for prisoner or something like that (as it was in suggestions) is a good idea, but when every changings are not save compatibility, starting a new game and testing only one is going to be really hard work. Or maybe only I think like that :smile:

Well, I don't know how many versions there will be :smile: However I am currently releasing versions in a very fast pace because it's a beta and I need your bug reports. Doesn't make sense if I release a version with many changes included but nothing is working. Most versions should be save compatibility by the way.

bartic said:
Diplomacy is a diplomacy and conspiracy, making a plot or cabal. You know what I mean. The net of changings should be bigger and more important for political succes.

Anyway, Diplomacy is great now and as an idea! Keep workin' man!

That's true. The changes might be bigger later. Currently I am only doing many minor changes because it's easier to code, the player experience is better because he meets the new features everywhere in game and I am still expecting patches from Taleworlds. By the way if you have ideas and suggestions for big changes please post them under Suggestions :smile:

bartic said:
Ah. I have asked once my 'husband' (fool, he don't know that I only wana use him, hehe - I am playing a woman) to buy a bread, and he tells me that I have to wait for merchant. Is it correct?

That's how it's working currently. If the nearest merchant doesn't have enough bread he won't go.

I love the fact that you are here waihti. and with that i mean that u are a quick responser, you update a lot and making it even better, all the updates are worth it. Good mod. Good guy ^^

Waihti:
However I am currently releasing versions in a very fast pace because it's a beta and I need your bug reports. Doesn't make sense if I release a version with many changes included but nothing is working. Most versions should be save compatibility by the way.

yes, maybe you have right.

About save compatibility. Can you tell me is the option in dialog menu with companion 'are you interested in fiefs' from native or are from diplomacy mod? Because when loading old save (from diplomacy 1.8 i think) sometimes this option is, sometimes not (in one save game is, in another not. But always after starting a new game it is). Or maybe it's normal? Not showing sometimes? I am still new with Warband.

bartic said:
About save compatibility. Can you tell me is the option in dialog menu with companion 'are you interested in fiefs' from native or are from diplomacy mod?

It's from native.

Not that I'm complaining... I'd love to help test the mod but um... How do you get far enough in the game to get to the features you've added before the next release comes out a few days from the last? :lol:

Shoelip said:
Not that I'm complaining... I'd love to help test the mod but um... How do you get far enough in the game to get to the features you've added before the next release comes out a few days from the last? :lol:

Play more, play faster  :razz:

Or use a native save game  :mrgreen:

As a side note: I will try to make 1.10 versions savegame compatible. So they should last a while.

<<<<< Kissinger Likey!!! :eek:

I love what you're doing here, it's just the kind of minimod I had kicked around the thought of crafting myself. Keep up the marvelous work. I'd be delighted to see what you could do with some new quest lines. Integrate this into every mod forever. Go have a discussion with vonmistont and the gang over at Sword of Damocles as that ripens up for Warband, you and vonmistont were made for each other :>

I wish wedding dance had a lot of the features in this.  It's funny how all these different big fancy mods tend to do certain things so right but leave out so much that could have been awesome.  Hopefully the fact that this can be included in larger mods will remedy that.

Shoelip said:
I wish wedding dance had a lot of the features in this.  It's funny how all these different big fancy mods tend to do certain things so right but leave out so much that could have been awesome.  Hopefully the fact that this can be included in larger mods will remedy that.

Go recommend this to the fella who develops Wedding Dance. Sing its praises from the rooftops! Because nothing goes together like sophisticated diplomatic machinations and angry nekkid Amazons, right? :razz:

I tested different versions of your mod (actually almost all of them) as they came out and with each addition your mod got better and better. It is a very welcomed addition to an almost non-existent diplomacy and management system. Your mod has brought this game closer to what it should have been from the start and for this I'd like to thank you very much for your initiative and your great work. You managed to fill a gap that shouldn't have been overlooked by the producers and for that I am very grateful. It is to people like you I owe the fact that I'm still playing this game after six years of following it's progress. Respect to all the modders! Thank you and good luck!

manekemaan said:
so we are at version 2.0 now what changed? didnst see anything on the main page. Was it only bug fixes?

Merge with 1.123. Since Diplomacy is tied very closly to native I decided to increase the version number too. Generally the plan is to keep the first version number of Diplomacy equal to the second number behind the point of the mound and blade version number (eg.: 1.113 was Diplomacy v1.x and 1.123 is Diplomacy v2.x)

If you want to know more details about the changes check the version history in About Diplomacy

hi, just been playing 1257 which supports diplomacy, and wondered if there is some way to disable all the none-agression and trade treaty messages ? due to the large number of factions in 1257 somtimes get 50+ messages to click through at the end of the day.  Otherwise great mod.

Thanks.

OoerIdontknow said:
hi, just been playing 1257 which supports diplomacy, and wondered if there is some way to disable all the none-agression and trade treaty messages ? due to the large number of factions in 1257 somtimes get 50+ messages to click through at the end of the day.  Otherwise great mod.

Thanks.

Nope thats currently not possible. 50+ messages sound like a lot. Maybe to much? Any other opinions about the frequency pacts are concluded? I haven't gotten much feedback about that yet.

Back
Top Bottom