Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Brum Eldar said:
Suggetion as a king: pay a X of money to one swadian or vaegir or kerghit or rhodok or sarranid or nord lord to join to your kingdom!

good idea
but would not make it too easy
what about
send a companion, if it fails -20 relation ship, if the lord is really insulted -30 relationship - 5 factions relationship and companion is taken prisoner and loose honor
if it works uuuuh well it worked lol and loose honor

terrorib said:
Brum Eldar said:
Suggetion as a king: pay a X of money to one swadian or vaegir or kerghit or rhodok or sarranid or nord lord to join to your kingdom!

good idea
but would not make it too easy
what about
send a companion, if it fails -20 relation ship, if the lord is really insulted -30 relationship - 5 factions relationship and companion is taken prisoner and loose honor
if it works uuuuh well it worked lol and loose honor
:arrow: Taken prisoner in Lord's castle/town (within Lord's party only if he have no fief).
Because I guess player would send first undesired (and almost unequiped) companions. Not a big deal to sacrifice them, until no one left except valuable ones.....

Here my suggestions so far:

1. When entering the tavern or the streets, can you take away the helmet, weapons and shield like when entering the castle. This will look nicer (i.e. when having a winged helmet). Add a dagger instead, for this will surely make a possible fight in the tavern more demanding. Is it also possible to make this for bandit attacks when entering a village/tavern etc. (random attacks).

2. I have also made some tests in making the horses esp. warhorses and chargers much stronger 250/350), better armored (70/100) , a bit faster (45) and much much more expensive (30.000+) and more difficult to ride (warhorse 6, Charger 7). This should present the advantages of heavy Knights and should be reserved to the Lords and the Players companions (if their riding ability is high enough. It might also make it worth, having some vassals who can really make a difference in battle.

3. Beside that I had the idea of making a special troop tree for the player (like in M&B Prophesy of Pendor and probably others). There are some unused (several fractions 0-9) troops in Warband still. An entry to that tree can be that every “ethic” recruit can either be promoted to swadia, Nords…militia  etc. depending on its origin or to the player’s fraction. as a i.e. Calradian recruit. The AI should always choose the first possibility.

4. I was also thinking of making a village fief more interesting by giving more advantages to a manor. Is it possible to go to the manor after you build it? (The scene could be one of the merchant’s houses from the tutorial scenes). In your manor you should have a chest to place your loot or things you want to keep but not carry all the time and possibly a garrison of max. 10 people if this is possible.  Here you could station some of your companions (it works like a garrison). And certainly you can see you wife here.

5. I have made some use of morghs mb warband_txt_tools v0.975b. Only by ticking the box, I managed to make companions transferable to garrisons. I have not entirely tested it so far, but it should work as it did in M&B. Here you could also see your companions in your castle.

6. Promoting more advanced troops should be much much more expensice.

Dunno if this have been suggested before, but what i would like to see is that when you give a Fief back to a kingdom your are at war with i get about the "like" than when i give horses for 6000, that should be more in my oppinion.

another thing i would like is if you could offer freedom for prisoners in change of peace or cease fire aggrement.

yea it would be awesome if u could
ask for a truce, and offer something before they demand
like send companion-ask for truce-offer release all prisoners-offer money(wait for thier demand)-offer fief- offer help against another enemie of them if they have 1
when truce is offered to you
demand help against 3rd faction would be a nice addon

Jarl Jorg said:
Waihti said:
Jarl Jorg said:
1) As a vassal: Implement a dialogue option to move your capital (minister and wife) to another suitable location if one is available. E.g. I own Curaw and Khudan. My wife and minister are in Khudan.. I want them to be in Curaw instead. I understand you can do this already once you are a King.. But not as a vassal.

Can someone upload a save game where the player owns several castles and/or towns as vassall. So I can try to implement this... I currently have none :oops:
Thanks.

Here you are good sir: Jarl Jorg, vassal of King Ragnar, and lord of Khudan, Curaw, Radoghir Castle, Amere, Sumbuja, Bazebek, Shulus, Uslam, Tismir, and Rebache.  :smile:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0jtynqjwqdj/sg00.sav

Thank you. The feature will be in the next update.

INCITE REBELLION in HIGH RELATIONSHIP ENEMY TOWNS/VILLAGES!

Thats a good sugestion that i came to think while i was playing (and obvious! Like a must have! heh..)

IF you have a good relationship with a town or village(and some persuasion), and it has been taken by an enemy (or not), you can incite a Rebellion into the town...
The effects of that could be many, like:

1º: A fight happens betwen Peasants + Low morale Troops + You (they Rebelled to your cause too) x Other Troops in Town. If in villages: Rebelled Peasants + You and Troops x Enemy Peasants (the more reputation you have, the less Peasants you will have to fight with).

2º: You Automaticaly take the Village / Town. The Low morale Troops Stay in Town, while the others are pulled out to another place (or fight outside the castle)

3º: The enemy automaticaly loses some troops In town (in reflex from the rebellion Control). The number of losses depends on How much people like you + Persuasion. If Troops Reach 0, The Town Is Yours.These Troop Losses could happen Daily, so You could continue to Incite Rebellion until the Town has been weakened or taken. There could be a chance also from guards to Find you, so you would have to "Fight your way out"(like when you try to enter the city).  Villages are automatcaly Conquered.

Mid-siege surrender/walk-out terms?

As it stands now in Native, if you are trapped in a poorly garrisoned castle or town with some 1000+ enemies laying siege, you have two options: pray they go away OR duke it out to the last man, be taken prisoner, lose all your companions and troops, some loot, and a bunch of money.  I think we can do better.

How about a set of dialogue options in the castle/town menu to negotiate a peaceful 'walk-out'.  After an agreed-upon set of conditions (such as monetary compensation), the player would surrender the ownership of the castle/town to the attacking faction.  The player would then gather as many garrisoned troops as his/her party size allows and walk out with no provocation from the enemy.  Shortly after, the asset would switch affiliation with whatever garrison remained behind.

The lords in Native never even consider surrendering a stronghold when the player lays siege; but the player shouldn't be left without this option.  If this 'diplomatic solution' were to be implemented, the player would potentially avoid capture (as most AI lords do during sieges anyway) and greatly reduce the loss of life.

Keep in mind that this doesn't have to turn into a 'get out of jail free card'.  The terms and conditions set by the AI may be extremely unfair or downright absurd.  It would be up to the player to decide whether they justify leaving or staying.

Opinions? Comments?

you mean like
if castle is under siege
aprouch siege camp menu
something like that would be awesome
+ its a real diplomatic thing :razz:

What about captains?  The ability to make your companions a lord exists already for when you become king.  How about, as a vassal, be able to promote a couple of your companions to a captain of some sort with the ability to command them through interaction like a lord, but with more absolute control than a marshal or king.  They would still work for you, but allow you to direct them to follow you etc. and bring more troops than you would typically be able to keep in your party.  They would have a model on the world map etc. like a lord.  They would of course, not be able to lead as many troops as you.  Maybe 20 or so max.

It doesn't really fit the diplomacy aspect, but it does fit the route you're going with more options for control over feifs, garrisons, etc. There was something very similar in older versions of native where you could tell your companion to hold his position and then garrison troops with them.  They didn't ever move, but they came in handy if you wanted to post troops near a castle/city that you were about to siege and new you would need reinforcements.

Also, I definitely agree with the negotiations to get out of a siege during the siege.  Good idea.

Waihti said:
Good one. What do you think appropriate conditions are?

Money, primarily to offset the attackers' expenses (rough calculation of army strengths). 

Maybe a requirement to leave a minimum garrison behind; say, 50 or so men of any rank.

Perhaps cede an additional fief(s) in the vicinity of the town or castle (not directly connected to that town or castle).

Some sort of personal hit to controversy or relation with other lords.  -- This may have to be balanced; some of your lords may look favorably upon an honorable surrender, while others may not like their fiefs being lost as part of the deal.

This also brings up a counter-question:  In Native, if a castle or town is successfully taken during a siege, does its prosperity drop down to some default value?  If so, then under the terms of surrender the attackers would retain the original level of prosperity. -- I'm not sure exactly how this would benefit the AI.  Perhaps as a future option if we can get the AI to conditionally surrender.

In addition, the townsfolk would be happy to end things peacefully instead of enduring months of hunger, death, and subsequent looting.  So a bonus in town/fief relations with the attacking faction (for each vassal who is awarded property).  And maybe a slight bonus to your own troops' morale.  -- Once again, this is of questionable use to the AI, but it would certainly benefit the player.

As a last resort, the attacking commander may ask for the services of one or more of your companions for a specific period of time, much like they currently do when you meet them on the field.  This would result in a relation/morale hit with that companion (which could be especially bad for women).  But hey, it beats prison or death, right?

That's all I can think of right now.

hey, one feature you should consider adding with the recruiter is to add that you can create patrol units around areas with your own personal units, or having the patrols trained.  Also can you can that you persuade neutral kings to join a war, or to create a war by bribing them or promising to join them in the war.

Also when I went to talk to a recruiter it just said you have 7 troops against their 6, with the option to leave, can this be fixed to talk to a recruiter or not show that it looks like we are about to go to battle with them.

Anyway great job with everything, I cant see why all mods have this implemented, I play everything with this now. Good luck and I cant wait to see more :smile:

To add a bit of variety, maybe make a new culture that uses the Merc troop tree for recruitment?
Not sure how difficult that would be though, I have not worked with modding cultures specifically before.

RdZaNoN said:
INCITE REBELLION in HIGH RELATIONSHIP ENEMY TOWNS/VILLAGES!

Thats a good sugestion that i came to think while i was playing (and obvious! Like a must have! heh..)

IF you have a good relationship with a town or village(and some persuasion), and it has been taken by an enemy (or not), you can incite a Rebellion into the town...
The effects of that could be many, like:

1º: A fight happens betwen Peasants + Low morale Troops + You (they Rebelled to your cause too) x Other Troops in Town. If in villages: Rebelled Peasants + You and Troops x Enemy Peasants (the more reputation you have, the less Peasants you will have to fight with).

2º: You Automaticaly take the Village / Town. The Low morale Troops Stay in Town, while the others are pulled out to another place (or fight outside the castle)

3º: The enemy automaticaly loses some troops In town (in reflex from the rebellion Control). The number of losses depends on How much people like you + Persuasion. If Troops Reach 0, The Town Is Yours.These Troop Losses could happen Daily, so You could continue to Incite Rebellion until the Town has been weakened or taken. There could be a chance also from guards to Find you, so you would have to "Fight your way out"(like when you try to enter the city).  Villages are automatcaly Conquered.
Bad idea?

Back
Top Bottom