Bug Reports and Known Issues AoC 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cervantes De Leon said:
random post to try help with bugs:
i'm guessing you guys are using MBTweak to change the arrow amount, lord capture rate etc... if you download Morgh's tools (link below) then you can change these without causing the bugs described above. if i understand correctly (post if i am wrong) it changes a set reference in the text file (which you will see if you click the update button) but leaves the rest intact so unlike MBTweak it won't rewrite the entire party/troop/item.txt files. it does take a bit more modding knowledge and the search is CASE SENSITIVE (goto put that in caps, its stupid but you might miss it. i did :smile:) but when you get the hang its really good.

this is a temp post until i can get the docs ready showing how to mod AoC safely without causing issues. i hope it helps you guys as it worked for me.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=105928.0 - the tools

Disclaimer: CDL Industries accepts no responsibility for any bugs, errors, CTD's, fires or loss of limbs caused by following the advice found in this post.... :roll:
Thank you Cervantes,
I must also add that you should backup your item_kinds1.txt if using Morghs tool.

My game is crashing during bring serf back quest when i talk to serfs

sry for my bad English but i hope u get my idea

hy remember me from test department lol. ok found some litle issues

1  i go in a fight with bandits i had recruited RHODOCK TRAINED SPEARMAN and they were all unarmed.
2  the game saving is not working well i guess after several hours of non stop saving with F12 quik save well game crashed
    with no error message,
3  i noticed so far donno if it will happen adain i am testing it that on seieges were you will be defending against 500 or 1000
    enemy soldiers the game crashes between the 4th and 6th battle period. I clearly hear the sound of getting an error but i
    cannot alt tab it to read its content i will have to install a new monitor in order to see the desktop maybe we have luck.

so far this is all i ll keep looking

Hum, the game seems to be unstable on large batles, tested in an inmodified game freshly dowloaded. It always seems to crash in the midle of large batles (+200 men)

Mobtium, that's actually an issue that, in my experience, is not confined to the mod itself, but something in the Vanilla Warbands.

As for a bug I'd like to add in myself:  We've got some issues with sieges and larger battles.  In sieges, if you need to make two assaults, the game seems to crash as soon as the "Assault" or "Continue Assault" button is pressed if you win without wiping out enough of the castle's garrison or are otherwise beaten back.  The same can be said of field battles with larger armies that are likewise ended before the forces too large to be placed on the battlefield in one (or even two) waves.

I've had it happen in Vanilla too. It's so annoying! I quit playing the original M&B, and the awesome mod I had created for myself, because of the endless crashes in large battles and the slowdowns in forests and river maps.
I thought they had fixed these errors in Warband, but oh well...
Hopefully they'll patch these crashes away sometime. :smile:

The game appears to crash every time I take a town, and many times when I take a castle, the game is basically unmodded excepting the Baker Rifle and the Swadian Grenzer. The fixes have all been applied. Open-Field battles appear unaffected and do not crash.

Titan Uranus said:
The game appears to crash every time I take a town, and many times when I take a castle, the game is basically unmodded excepting the Baker Rifle and the Swadian Grenzer. The fixes have all been applied. Open-Field battles appear unaffected and do not crash.
If you want to change something in  game you will have to change it manualy, usign  tools to mod item_kinds1 will likely invoke crashes and errors, modifing troops shouldn't be a problem. Since you modified carbine there is a chance that is a source of the problem, apply fix again or use this (previous) item_kinds1.txt  http://www.4shared.com/account/document/P-khlbOo/item_kinds1.html if fix doesnt help.

If crash still exists, reduce the number of troops in settings.

Note:Try not to have more than 5 mods in Modules directory.

While messing about on the world map, suddenly I got this error

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 22: Invalid Script Parameter ID: 1; LINE NO: 1:
At script: retire_companion. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 22: Invalid Script Parameter ID: 1; LINE NO: 1:
At script: retire_companion.

And both my companions (Firentis and Jeremis) disappeared forever. Travellers in taverns won't tell me where they went, so I assume they got "deleted".

I opened AoC's module_triggers.py and increased the number of horses and firearms that would appear in trader inventories, then recompiled it and used the newly generated triggers.txt file. It did what I wanted and I couldn't see any issues (except traders having no money for some reason, but that wasn't really a concern). Did I break something else inavertedly?

Panzerdraco said:

At script: retire_companion. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 22: Invalid Script Parameter ID: 1; LINE NO: 1:

And both my companions (Firentis and Jeremis) disappeared forever. Travellers in taverns won't tell me where they went, so I assume they got "deleted".

I opened AoC's module_triggers.py and increased the number of horses and firearms that would appear in trader inventories, then recompiled it and used the newly generated triggers.txt file. It did what I wanted and I couldn't see any issues (except traders having no money for some reason, but that wasn't really a concern). Did I break something else inavertedly?
Ouch! This mod is made in manual coding, so there is no source code. Source within the mod folder is untouched module system, I forgot to erase him, sorry. Since you recompiled it.. well you get the point. You will have to reinstal mod with fix.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Panzerdraco said:

Ouch! This mod is made in manual coding, so there is no source code. Source within the mod folder is untouched module system, I forgot to erase him, sorry. Since you recompiled it.. well you get the point. You will have to reinstal mod with fix.

Oops. Oops oops oops. My bad.

Reinstalled fine. Is there any way to do what I tried to do with the manual code?

With triggers no  :sad:
EDIT: ACtually I got an idea...make a copy of native and rename it, than use the module system to change the triggers and then put the changed triggers into AoC mod. Tell me if that works  :wink:

Hey, just to say that the problem with the fliyng castle was actualy that the castel had been redone by the autor, and I forgot to copy the castles folder.

mobotium said:
Hey, just to say that the problem with the fliyng castle was actualy that the castel had been redone by the autor, and I forgot to copy the castles folder.

With latest version? Which castle?

mobotium said:
Lad, I am the autor and I havent touched castels,and there is no castles folder, so...  :???:

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
mobotium said:
Lad, I am the autor and I havent touched castels,and there is no castles folder, so...  :???:

I just sayd castle folder to generalize, its actualy called the Sceneobj folder. And even if you didnt change it, i copied that folder and it now shows a migthy stone castle, wich works perfectly. Perhaps you instaled some other mod?

Possut said:
With latest version? Which castle?

Alburq Castle, I showed it in the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom