[Suggestion Box]

Users who are viewing this thread

15th Century Ottomans by Europeans
Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berri, 1416AD, folio 51v: The Meeting of the Magi
Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berri, 1416AD, folio: 52r Adoration of the Christ Child
Ottoman Cavalry by Ian Heath based on Les Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry

The Naval Battle of Zonchio (Navarino), 1499
Ottoman Infantry by Ian Heath based on The Naval Battle of Zonchio (Navarino)
An Ottoman Handgunner by Ian Heath based on The Naval Battle of Zonchio (Navarino)

A Turkish Janissary, c. 1480, by Gentile Bellini
Turkish Janissaries by Ian Heath based on Gentile Bellini's picture of an Ottoman Janissary, c. 1480
An Ottoman Heavy Infantryman by Ian Heath
An Ottoman Heavy Cavalryman by Ian Heath

An Akinji in an Oriental Family by Albrecht Dürer, 1496
An Ottoman Akinji by Ian Heath based on An Oriental Family by Albrecht Dürer, 1496

attachment.php

Turks in Breydenbach's Peregrinationes in Terram Sanctam, 1486
Drawings and notes on Ottoman Musicians by Ian Heath based on Breydenbach's Peregrinationes in Terram Sanctam, 1486

Folio 23r Obsidionis Rhodie Urbis Descriptio - William Caoursin's The Siege of Rhodes, Ulm, 1496
Balkan Cavalryman by Ian Heath based on William Caoursin's The Siege of Rhodes, Ulm, 1496
Ottoman Flags by Ian Heath

Are there other useful 15th century illustrations of Ottomans?

Druzhina
Ottoman Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

That took the stone off my heart :wink:
Was afraid there's going to be some chinese stuff like in the previous version.

FinnishKnight said:
Yes oh, Silly me! You are right. What about hackapell armor's, a crown to a king, Spears with banners with them. Scottish Highlander armor and arms, new Black plate armor (Like the black sort of armor that you could see in a painting of Gilles De Rais) And for the last idea that i have landsknecht armor and arms.
I don't think Hakkapeliitta used any special kind of armor.  Anyway, all this stuff (including Hakkapeliitta) are already in.
FinnishKnight said:
                            Good Luck With This Mod I Will Be Amazing :grin:
Thanks
FinnishKnight said:
I forgot to ask will there be any kind of asian faction i dont mean mongolian or an kazakh faction.
There is East Asia faction planned (probably Japan), but most probably will not be added until final version, there is place on map left for it.
FinnishKnight said:
Oh the ideas inside my head they just come and go, could you make helmets that france and england and perhaps some other countries used in hundred years of war. You know those helms that have animal statues or some other emblem on the top of the helm.
It's called heraldic crest.  Those helms were pretty individual things. Helmet with heraldic crest would fit one knight only.
At the moment we focus on items that can be used more than once. Unique and individual items are far on TODO list.

Oh yeah hackapells only had light armor that was not that unique, i am not the smartest one when it comes to history but im realy interested in warfare history and this is coming from an 13 year old young kid. Anyway im interested in a japanese faction will they have japanese castles,villages and town's, and will there be an faction based on sweden or any type of native american or an mughal yeah im asking so many questions but im so excited!

FinnishKnight said:
Anyway im interested in a japanese faction will they have japanese castles,villages and town's, and will there be an faction based on sweden or any type of native american or an mughal yeah im asking so many questions but im so excited!
It's undecided yet, if we'll have enough time and manpower there will be new scenes, otherwise we will just assume they come as invaders and take existing castles.

Kingdom of Nords will be based mainly on Sweden.

No Native Americans or Mughals. There will be some Indo-Persian equipment.

Illustrations from the Manuscript of the Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff, 1496 to 1499
attachment.php

St. James at Compostella.
The Doge.
Venetian women.
Costumes of the Greeks and Turks.
The Sultan (Viceroy) in Cairo.
Costume of Christians, Pagans, Turks, and Jews.
Costume of the Mamelukes.
Clothing and lifestyle of women in Cairo.
Clothing and lifestyle of women in Cairo.
The camel in the caravan train.
Costume and Arms of the Arabs.
The Amazons.
Costume of Gascons.
The residents of Lack.
Women's Clothing in Biscayen.
Costumes in Brittany.

Illustrations from the 1860 edition of The pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff
attachment.php

Costumes of the Greeks and Turks.
The Sultan (Viceroy) in Cairo.
Costume of Christians, Pagans, Turks, and Jews.
Costume of the Mamelukes.
Costume and Arms of the Arabs.
Costume and Arms of the Mamelukes.
Other figures by Harff
Harff at pilgrim stops
Animals by Harff

Rhodian Greek Militiaman, 14th-15th Centuries based on The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff in 1496 to 1499
A Mamluk Servant by Ian Heath based on The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff in 1496 to 1499
drawing and notes on a Bedouin Tribesman based on The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff in 1496 to 1499, by Ian Heath.

MIRROR SITES
Illustrations from the Manuscript of the Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff, 1496 to 1499
Illustrations from the 1860 edition of The pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff

Rhodian Greek Militiaman, 14th-15th Centuries based on The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff in 1496 to 1499
A Mamluk Servant by Ian Heath based on The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff in 1496 to 1499
drawing and notes on a Bedouin Tribesman based on The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff in 1496 to 1499, by Ian Heath.

Druzhina
15th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Ruler of Calradia said:
They did not historically exist, but how about adding bayonets in game? Unarmored musketeers with bayonets, bayonets basicly form musket into spear, so it would fit for Rhodoks.
First, bayonets don't fit time period.
Second, all musketeers will have side weapons and pikemen to protect them.
Third, Rhodoks are based on renaissance period Italian city-states.

Waldzios said:
Ruler of Calradia said:
They did not historically exist, but how about adding bayonets in game? Unarmored musketeers with bayonets, bayonets basicly form musket into spear, so it would fit for Rhodoks.
First, bayonets don't fit time period.
Second, all musketeers will have side weapons and pikemen to protect them.
Third, Rhodoks are based on renaissance period Italian city-states.

somehwere in the mid 17th century they had plug bayonets (just a dagger with the handle plugged into the muzzle of the musket) but these were rare and still in its infancy, major problem was A: you cant shoot or reload with the bayonet duh and B: if you stabbed someone the dagger might get stuck when you pull out and your bayonet turns back into a normal musket, french musketeers used them to some affect but a good pikeman out competed the new weapon, 

3294870_orig.jpg

Jaytaro said:
somehwere in the mid 17th century they had plug bayonets (just a dagger with the handle plugged into the muzzle of the musket) but these were rare and still in its infancy, major problem was A: you cant shoot or reload with the bayonet duh and B: if you stabbed someone the dagger might get stuck when you pull out and your bayonet turns back into a normal musket, french musketeers used them to some affect but a good pikeman out competed the new weapon, 
I agree completely.  But AOCII time period ends in first half of 17th century (around Thirty Years' War period), so most of mid and end 17th century equipment and troops don't really fit well.

The other probably more important reason is this kind of combined weapons don't work well with AI controlled troops. Good side weapon is much more effective.

There is good chance there will be some bayonet weapons eventually, but most likely for player and custom troops use only.
Jaytaro said:
Polish hussar scale armor please? or Karacena
Again, similar situation, we don't plan to have any regular troops equipped with 'Karacena'. There will be hussars, but with early 17th century equipment.
'Karacena' will be added at some point, but mainly for decorative purpose (as lords/voivodes equipment) and for player use.

I wouldn't call 1665 mid, but the start of late century. Prior to 1660's, the usage of bayonets has only been rare and experimental.

There has not been much change in fashion either, until around and after that very same year, when the French introduced  first tricornes, and begun standardizing both uniforms and neckties, which would come to shape the fashion of the 18th century. The renaissance influenced clothing and uniform was dropped for more plain clothing, but aside from that, not much has changed in terms of how everything looked before 1665.

My point is, mid century equipment really does fit well, and is only marginally different, IMO, from early century equipment. Snaphans mechanism is employed. Aside from that, I cannot think of much that was wildly different, other than the gradual change in musket to pike ratio and abandonment of several troop and weapon types, but that isn't equipment itself anymore.

YourStepDad said:
My point is, mid century equipment really does fit well, and is only marginally different, IMO, from early century equipment. Snaphans mechanism is employed. Aside from that, I cannot think of much that was wildly different, other than the gradual change in musket to pike ratio and abandonment of several troop and weapon types, but that isn't equipment itself anymore.
I'm not sure if you agree or argue with me  :wink:.

I may express myself poorly, of course you are right, most of mid century equipment fits time period, (mostly because it existed long before).
What I should say, is that any new equipment (like bayonets) that didn't exist or been used before mid or late 17th century doesn't fit well.

In that case, I agree with you, and you do express yourself quite well.

I agree with everything that you said. Including bayonets as some crazy, edgy reform only the player can conduct does sound like a brilliant idea, even if it doesn't quite fit the intended timeframe of the mod.

Back
Top Bottom