AAR: Me, Floris | Completed | Chapter 60 & Epilogue posted (19-09-2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Monn, everyone, there is actually a new metalic sounds 2.2
Which is good cause I been afraid to use it since the patch but I hate not having it.

Sat, Jun-19-2010

-Re-compiled the mod with the 1.125 module system - hopefully this fixes problems people have been having with the new patches
-Fixed problem with new grunt voice not playing when stunned

Great srory! You should publish it. It would make it more interesting if you deliberitly started a revolt. My King has captured almost all of calradia so but i forgot everything about his past. So i guess i will make a AAR about a bounty hunter or somebody in my kingdom. You inspired me.

Kellick: Thanks! I'll try it out soon (although not for the next update, since  I'm almost finished with that).

Mrr.Phil: Thanks! Although I think it's too gameplay focused to publish.
A king who revolts in his own kingdom... Interesting, interesting. I'll keep that in mind. But for now Floris has other plans for the peace ahead.
Great to hear! Hope to see it soon :smile:.

Chapter 40: Mr. Smith
10 December 1259

Dear Diary,

I had conquered the Khergits, exterminating their independent faction and keeping not only quite a few lords in my prison, but also their khan. It's beyond me why they never tried to free him or buy him out: that might have hastened their downfall. Anyway, the war was over, and now I had to rebuild my country and consolidate the conquered area's. All the fighting had depleted not only all the resources, but also exhausted the army. There was a lot of work to be done.

My first action was to appoint fiefs. All my lords had at least one, so no-one would feel left-out. But still I had many unassigned castles and villages, and even a city. I asked chancellor Herfast what my lords thoughts were: that made me give Distar castle to lord Naldera. For the rest he couldn't tell who supported whom for which fief, so I decided to assign some to myself. I expanded my personal space to the south with the villages of Ada Kulun, Bulugur, Dashbiga, Dirigh Aban, Rduna, Tebandra and Tulbuk. The taxes would finally beat the inefficiency. The other fiefs I gave to devoted lords with only a small village yet. The city of Ichamur was reserved for the famous Tredian, while Marmun, Urubay, Alagur and Taisa each received a castle. Vuldrat and Beranz were given another village.

040a.png

I asked my chancellor Herfast what his intel said about everyone's feelings of Distar castle.

After I had discussed the matter of fiefs in the great hall of my castle, I decided to take a stroll through the city of Khudan. What had the war done to the place? How did the common people survive all that fighting? As I walked the streets, I noticed not only some empty houses, but also land for sale. When I asked the local guild master about it, he replied that the war had scared away quite a few people. Now there was land that was claimed by no-one, and was thus wasted. So I decided to buy the land myself. But what should I do with it? While thinking about this, I walked down the market to see what would be profitable. There I noticed that tools would sell for a pretty high price on the Khudan market. I would have to bring in some iron on regular basis, but that shouldn't be a too great a problem. I returned to the guild master, bought the land for 3500 denars and ordered some workmen to set up an ironworks. The master smith told me that production would begin in about a week. More than enough time to ride through the lands and buy some iron for a decent price.

040b.png

I set up an ironworks in Khudan, to produce tools. This enterprice starts its production on 9 December. The PPP made a picture of the master smith, while the whole operation was followed by viewers of DPC.

For some decent iron prices I needed to go to the Sarranid lands, and both Curaw and Dhirim. I decided I should go first to the closest two cities, then visit Tulga in order to buy some spice, and then buy more iron in those desert cities. For a week I rode hence and forth, and bought as much iron as I could, while trading spice to create more profit. During my trip I heard that the Nords declared war on the Rhodoks. The Rhodoks already were in conflict with the Sarranids, so I guess their expansion is brought to a stop. Also while riding through the former Khergit lands, I noticed that the amount of fiefs finally started to pay off: I made a profit from my fiefs, even with the costs of my army.

040c.png

For the first time since long I made a profit with my fiefs.

It was a long ride from the Sarranid desert to my home in Khudan, so I arrived in the morning of 10 December. Immediately I walked to my smith, and filled his inventory with as much iron as possible. He even hadn't had enough storage room for all the iron I had brought with me. But the resources I had brought him were at least a lot cheaper than he could have gotten there in Khudan, even with his good connections. Now he'll start producing tools, and sell them for decent prices in this city, making really a lot of profit for me. I'll need to expand this business to other cities too.

040d.png

Gameplay notes
Kellick had discovered that when you enable the cheat menu, you can buy land for a profitable venture. This allowed me to buy the different goods producing ventures. It is only available when you have the cheat menu enabled, but it can be fixed easily (how is displayed in the topic), so I was able to use this without the cheat menu on. Hurray for that!

Here is a picture of Floris' current stats:
040e.png

Since the map hasn't changed, I decided to show you how my companions look like. A few still need some fancy armor, and a few also need to improve their riding skill so I can give them decent horses, but overall the Winged Warriors look pretty neat.
040f.png

I myself prefer to have my companions wear a sort of uniform. Nice work on the write again! And the cheat menu thing will help me greatly for my own character! :grin:

CounterPoint391: One size fits all :wink:. But I try to make them unique in the horses, so I'd still recognise them on the field.

Archevious:Thanks!

Malik Faris: My companions all wear normal plate armor, while I have a thick coat, giving an equal bonus on armor. My next armor will be a plate one, although the very xpensive variant: I want to have Lordly plate armor. Unfortunately it will cost around 122000 denars, so I haven't been able to buy that yet. But I do have lordly boots and gauntles already :smile:.

You got Alayen, who dislikes Marnid ánd Nizar, and you don't have Ymira too counter that. Why didn't he leave yet?
I don't get that part. Are you cheating a little bit? :wink:

The build self is almost the same as I have, even different horses + same general equipment ^^

@Mno: I honestly back in my old games when I didn't go on the forums, didn't know they hated each other. As long as you keep them happy otherwise/ keep them pre-occupied, they usually stay. But that was back then, I'm not sure about now...

@monnikje: So, are you going to upgrade your companion's armors too latter? Like handing down your current armor once you get better armor?

Wow Monnikje,

I have yet to read all your entries in here  -which I will certainly do- , but as a fellow dutchman and new player I just wanted to drop a note to tell you that this is an insanely cool idea and well executed.
It's very cool to read your personal adventure in warband and is very inspirational for the new player! The things you have come across makes me curious about what things I will find in my adventures in Calradia!  :grin:

If you have any tips for a newly starting player (never played the original either) they are more than welcome!
Thanks for sharing this!

Well, a tip from me would be to be careful. Nothing worse than you starting off thinking you'll own all the sea raiders you see. I believe that was my first mistake. -.-

Archevious said:
Well, a tip from me would be to be careful. Nothing worse than you starting off thinking you'll own all the sea raiders you see. I believe that was my first mistake. -.-

:mrgreen: Excellent advice.

Mno: No, I don't have Alayen anymore: he's not among the eight companions I posted. I do have Artimenner. Quite a lot of chapters back I did have Alayen, but indeed, he didn't fit in the party, so I didn't keep him long in there.
Funny that you have the same build :grin:.

Archevious: Actually, no: once I got my Lordly plate mail, I'll sell my old one. I want all members of the Winged Warriors to wear plate mail. I did some handing down in the beginning though, when I couldn;t afford plate mail for everyone yet.

Yskonyn: Thanks!
I agree with Archevious: those sea raiders are pretty strong, and another nasty thing: they tend to swarm you. You'll not only have to fight that one band that attacked you, but also those five others that followed him.
Also I'd say: learn to trade. Get to know the prices, and where to buy and sell certain goods (see chapter 29). In the beginning you can survive with quests and killing some bandits, but once youre army grows larger and larger, and you don't have any fiefs yet, it might help you paying them each week. And buying better equipment. Quick trade tip: Buy spice in Tulga and sell it in Ahmerrad, buy iron in Ahmerrad and sell it in Tulga. Short route and very profitable.
Also, recruiting some companions is worth the few hundred denars it costs you. Companions level too, and can be a major asset.
Take a few cheap horses in your inventory. They help you to move faster while your inventory is full of goods.
Multiple food types stack: the more divers food you have in your inventory, the greater morale bonus your men get. And don't run out of food, or else your men will run away.
I find Sarranid Mamlukes to be excellent cavalry, overal even better than the Swadian knights. But watch out: top tier units are expensive.
Try to get good relations with the cities you trade much with. That will influence the prices of the goods.
Hope this helps :smile:.

Archevious said:
It's a type of party in the game that can easily rape you in the start. Avoid port side towns till later if you can.

really, only avoid sargoth, wercheg and rivacheg/curaw thats where the sea raiders are (nord and vaegir territories.)

the first sea raider camp is always between rivacheg and bulugha castle, so rivacheg is the place to be/ the place to avoid for sea raiders.

once you have like 30ish fully upgraded cavalry though, you can farm sea raiders for lots of money and pretty good equipment. (haubreks and onehanded battle axes)

Ah thanks. I've re-started today as a Vaegir, so I'll be sure to avoid those cities for now.
It's a much better start as well. Already I have two companions, upgraded 7 peasants to footmen and have another 9 peasants in my group.
Much easier to deal with bandits with a little army. In my first start I was happy to be able to wander around with 5 to 7 men...  :???:

Back
Top Bottom