What has happened to MP respect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Gowe

Knight
I am not one to always complain but this has me worried to a very certain extent.
No one has respect for each other anyone anymore?
There are fights on servers for no reason. Just because someone got killed by an arrow...does this mean you have to go on swearing and calling people names? This is a simple question. So what if it is MP people should knnow how to respect each other.
Like no offence even people on games such as WOW have respect for other players and do not go out of their way to call others names.
(Unless I suppose they stole each others money or something?  :roll:

So my question is where has the respect for MP gone?
Most of my real life friends do not sya anything when on but are disgusted by such conduct Warband MP gamers have and have even been discouraged to play.

All I ask is that as MP players lets all try to respect each other.

Sir Gowe
p.s. reply your point of view in this but I think I should put this topic here for it will mean something.

Yeah, I'm quite frustrated about the lack of respect now. It used to be fine in the beta.

Whenever I use Cavalry, Throwing weapons, or a bow, I always see someone crying, "Noob ranged", or "noob croucher", and crap like that.

I agree, and i think the reason for this is non-tale world community players.  Most people i have seen in this community are vary respectful (of course there are the trolls, and idiots, but that comes with any community)

I am glad to say that Mount and Blade Warband is one of the games that you see more respectful players on.  The players of most MP games don't come close to the respect the players of this one have.

Anyway, i think that so long as there are good clans (PRT, POM, Hobos, nk, etc etc) around, we can be sure to have some respectful players.

@ Alec, there were people who did that in beta  :wink: but yeah, there are WAY more idiots like that around now.

Well I will tell you
I had a great Beta experience it just troubles me with all the stupid comments being passed off.
I guess I think that when people have servers and they say they should respect people
it includes not throwing insults.
When I get the chance to have my own server the moment someone comlpains
I will ban them from my server it is something I just am finding rediculous and stupid.

I saw people insulting since Beta, sometimes me to. The games can get very frustrating when getting tk because somebody was too greedy for kills but that is another matter.

The best way to stop an argument though is always by joking, even if the jokes suck. It just make the atmosphere much more enjoyable in my opinion.

But yeah, if an internet bully is reading this, it really suck to get insulted on the internet when you just want to play and relax, especially after a hard day. Some people seem to just don't understand that they are talking to real people and not just creatures from another dimension.

Marin Peace Bringer said:
Alec{zacool} said:
Well, I guess Oceania was much closer together, because of the lack of Aussie players.

Yeah i am sure, didn't think about that.  I bet you guys had a nice beta experience, right?

Yeah, it was great. The funny thing was that we rarely got up to 20 players on the battle server at once. Maybe once per week. After it went open beta it started to get tough, as we didn't have an admin to control and enforce the rules of the server.

I haven't seen any real cursing going on but people tend to blame there teammates when something goes wrong calling them: "Morons/Idiots/Noobs" and even starting Polls when somebody supposedly "kill steals" there target. or just simply kicking the enemy because they killed them.

I'm glad to see there is still some real decency in warband, Its just a tad harder to find then it was before.

I hardly ever see people talking in any of the servers. The times I do stumble across a conversation then I find it is usually acceptable.

Once in a blue moon I will see a tool, but they are usually dealt with swiftly or are just as easily ignored.

Sir Gowe said:
I am not one to always complain but this has me worried to a very certain extent.
No one has respect for each other anyone anymore?
There are fights on servers for no reason. Just because someone got killed by an arrow...does this mean you have to go on swearing and calling people names? This is a simple question. So what if it is MP people should knnow how to respect each other.
Like no offence even people on games such as WOW have respect for other players and do not go out of their way to call others names.
(Unless I suppose they stole each others money or something?  :roll:

So my question is where has the respect for MP gone?
Most of my real life friends do not sya anything when on but are disgusted by such conduct Warband MP gamers have and have even been discouraged to play.
All I ask is that as MP players lets all try to respect each other.

Sir Gowe
p.s. reply your point of view in this but I think I should put this topic here for it will mean something.

Did we really had respect for others anyway ?

I tried, then i was bored :wink:

It does indeed sadden me to concur, yesterday I was on the 22nd 222man server as cavalry, I was riding straight toward the enemy cav, but only one rode out to attack me. It was a daring joust, in which we both killed each other - which I found to be really funny. When I go to type that was amazing how we both killed each other, it seems the other person had already typed in, 'STUPID GAME OMG FFS' and rage quitted. It saddened me.

Urgnot said:
It does indeed sadden me to concur, yesterday I was on the 22nd 222man server as cavalry, I was riding straight toward the enemy cav, but only one rode out to attack me. It was a daring joust, in which we both killed each other - which I found to be really funny. When I go to type that was amazing how we both killed each other, it seems the other person had already typed in, 'STUPID GAME OMG FFS' and rage quitted. It saddened me.

That's a shame. :sad:

On the few occasions when I have been killed and killed my opponent at the same time we have both had a good laugh about it in chat.

If something like that sends you into a rage then it's time to call it a day... Or at least time for another spliff.

Two days ago I was on the Norse battle server, there were two guys that were probably friends, flaming the **** out of a third guy, to which they started teamkilling, with a passion. It didn't end until a new map came and the third guy landed on a team with me and the other two on the other team.

Only name I remembered was the third guy, Templar_Grey. In any case, he was playing brilliantly and we pulled off some good schemes to slaughter the other team, repeatedly. All the meanwhile those other two guys kept arguing. Then a team balance comes on because some of the guys on our team logged off. One of those two guys is pushed over to my team and the second he spawns with us he immediately goes and tries to kill Grey...

Who in their right minds is that focused on teamkilling that they risk ruining the fun for the rest? It made me sad. (We ended up killing him and still winning rounds with one man fewer.)

I blame it on people who feel the need to stroke their epeen

edit-
oh i just read that again and that could have been said with a bit less inuendo

Meh, it has been a growing trend for years in all MP games IMO, which I attribute it to the proliferation of inexpensive, idiot-proof and readily available technology so that any socially inept dip**** can get online and run amok.  :razz:

People have giant egos on any game like this. On a game with a bunch of classes it's even worse because people get arbitrary notions of what are "cheap" and what are "honourable" ways to play. Just try not to let it bother you. Kids will be kids and haters gon' hate.

What do you mean no respect?
I use Nditions Duel Server, and most of the time, everyone on there is polite.
HECK! This morning, there were just 2 of us in there to start with, and I apologized for being new to multiplayer...and the other person really politely explained to me kind of what I was doing wrong.

And heck, my game massively improved :smile:
Although, a couple of minutes later there were around 7 of us, and someone kept randoming and ruining the duels. But, as ever, I felt a sense of community, as we all went after him.

To be honest, I feel like I've made a group of new friends, as I've seen the same people on there quite a few times, since I started playing online 3 days ago :smile:

Back
Top Bottom