"I wish to indict a disloyal vassal for treason"

Users who are viewing this thread

estevesbk

Sergeant
I see that when you are a king you have this option on your minister, but how do you know if a vassal has been disloyal? How do you know if he is betraying you?

Thx! =)

I don't think they can. IMO indictment is just for when you want to take away their lands and get rid of them for whatever reason. Since you're king you can just be like "whoop, treason" and give them the boot

If you check the profiles of lords that hate you it does seem to suggest they will revolt against you. I beleive if it drops too low they will leave and take their lands with them. So its used for that. However booting lords even if they hate you causes a masive relationship drop to all other lords.

in that case, when you boot a lord for treason, share out his fifes to make the other lords happier

Simple. If the prick isn't smart enough to like his sovereign (bad relation, f.i. -50), he's a traitor, by definiton.

If a vassal strongly dislikes you, he will break his oath, sooner or later. As the in-game description says, it's only a matter, then, of who strikes first. If you let him choose the moment, it will probably be when you can least afford it. If you indict him, you will piss off the other vassals, but at least you won't lose any land.

It's a losing position anyway, and best avoided in the first place. A relation of something like -50 may be mendable, but it'd be quite a tremendous task.

I see... Maybe the best option is to watch out for who I will give castles/towns and who I will only give villages...

So, basically, if the relation is not so negative they won't betray? That's cool... =)

Thanks guys!

Try to pick honourable lords... it's about the most useful way to get relationship boosts once you're king.

vonskyme said:
Try to pick honourable lords... it's about the most useful way to get relationship boosts once you're king.

Yeah but at the beginning many of them, even with a +50 relation with you, don't think it's militarly or politically wise to join you... =/

Back
Top Bottom