How to convince lords to join you and rebel? (Claimants)

Users who are viewing this thread

Recruit
I'm having a hard time trying to convince lords to rebel against the current king. Is there like a thing to increase the chance of lords agreeing with u and rebelling? Because i have lvl 6 Persuasion and i don't think it's helping.

yea i agree, i think possibly might be bugged im not sure.
you need a decent right to rule to recuit other lords, there is a section on the forums explaining how to get right to rule.
for example i have 6 persuasion 52 right to rule and 45 relations with a rhodok lord, i asked him to join stating "i am the true king" and he replied "if i join you i will be in a sea of enemies" (not even at war with anyone) and eventually he says "no im not joining you, dont mention this again"
GRRRRR!!!

Tizz said:
yea i agree, i think possibly might be bugged im not sure.
you need a decent right to rule to recuit other lords, there is a section on the forums explaining how to get right to rule.
for example i have 6 persuasion 52 right to rule and 45 relations with a rhodok lord, i asked him to join stating "i am the true king" and he replied "if i join you i will be in a sea of enemies" (not even at war with anyone) and eventually he says "no im not joining you, dont mention this again"
GRRRRR!!!

So is this the same if i was trying to recruit lords for a claimant?

It's really quite odd.

I took up Lady Isola of Suno's claim, to pass the time, and I tried about 3 Lords all of which refused to join. Then I met a fourth from whom I got nothing but negative answers so I was writing him off when at the last bit he said he would join me! Once I'd trashed Dhirim and captured a couple of castles, I spoke to another Lord, whose castle was between Lady Isola's lands and the Khergits. He said that he'd be safe with us, he was happier with our court etc etc and still wouldn't join. Weird.

Yeah I wish someone could clarify cause it seems to be all luck.

I've had a lord...

was "devoted" to me at 103...
hated his lord...
thought he was safer with me, "your military is stronger"...
like me better than his lord, "I get along with you better etc"...
liked my answer I choose...

Still wouldn't join me.

Then I had another dude who was negative -7 to me. He liked my answer and like me over his lord, but thought our military power wasn't strong. He DID join me. Which was kind of cool because he owned Kudan and I got that free without much trouble.

looks like there could be a 0 and a 1 swapped round in the routines for checking if they join.

you could totally abuse/exploit this by going around annoying all the other lords then asking them to join

I received a weird message when I was trying to convince a lord to join my liege.

It was something like "DEBUG: political value _ -43"

I was glad to get some feedback on the numbers for these conversations, because really, it's been really hard to get lords to join you, you either end up with nobody or a kingdom full of dishonorable lords and their 'give me lands!' psychosis.  :eek:

Dreamer said:
I received a weird message when I was trying to convince a lord to join my liege.

It was something like "DEBUG: political value _ -43"

I was glad to get some feedback on the numbers for these conversations, because really, it's been really hard to get lords to join you, you either end up with nobody or a kingdom full of dishonorable lords and their 'give me lands!' psychosis.  :eek:

I had something like that too, but it didn't said political value. It was something else between 0 and 1 (maybe more)

I don't know for sure but I suspect your honor may have something to do with it also.  I am a big fan of catch and release so I tend to have very high honor.  I'm pretty sure the other lords have same relation rules with their king as ours do so each time you catch one he should like his king a little less.

I was taking over the Sarranid's earlier and with only 2 castles left There was one Lord I just couldnt convert.  Finally I gave up, appointed a marshal and they marched up to his castle.  I decide to give it one last shot and amazingly enough, with 15 Sarranid lords laying seige to his castle he saw things my way  and converted. :grin:

hah!
I just pushed my persuasion skill and it seems to go fluent :grin:
I just got the lord of veluca to join my, on my first "try".

Damn this is awesome, Neu Preussen is on it's way to become the greatest empire ever

is it true that u can only try to convince them once?? and when it fails he won't listen to u anymore?

greets

Back
Top Bottom