Ransom Lord quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Sevrun

Recruit
I've been given the quest to secure a lord by his wife who cannot pay the ransom... the problem is I suck with staves and at fighting 3+ people at once, so breaking him out of Dhirim isn't an option.  The lord holding him is God only knows where... so how do I ransom the silly bloke?

I don't think ransoming is implemented yet. However, if you pay one of Dhirim's villages to start a fire you'll get to fight only the jail guard(both on the way in and on the way out, methink).

someboddy said:
I don't think ransoming is implemented yet. However, if you pay one of Dhirim's villages to start a fire you'll get to fight only the jail guard(both on the way in and on the way out, methink).

I thought they took out the fire.

No the nearby village fire scheme works well. I take it you are at war with the faction that is holding the lord prisoner? - If so you may have to still do the initial 4 on 1 fighting when you try to sneak into the town.  :wink:

Galdus said:
someboddy said:

What? And I thought the current patch implemented the fire... It's still there, by the way, you just need to have a castle/town with lord/king prisoned nearby (you don't need to own it, logically, but you can also ask Village Elder to ignite a fire in your own village to rescue an imprisoned lord from YOUR OWN fief) and I think the village must be attached to the town/castle.

Ricox said:
Galdus said:
someboddy said:

What? And I thought the current patch implemented the fire... It's still there, by the way, you just need to have a castle/town with lord/king prisoned nearby (you don't need to own it, logically, but you can also ask Village Elder to ignite a fire in your own village to rescue an imprisoned lord from YOUR OWN fief) and I think the village must be attached to the town/castle.

You go to a nearby village, speak with the village elder, there should be a new option to ask him to start a fire. After you get him to, when you go to rescue the prisoner by force, there should only be a couple guards in the town.

Get the Lord to pick up a weapon and fight.

Despite his apparent 'weakness', he is simply superb at killing guards. Have him hold position when he gets out and then bait the first few guards over to him. Make sure to keep whacking the guards with the stick whilst the Lord strikes them down (if the Lord takes a single hit he will go back to jail!). When the first guards are down, pick up their weapons and kill the rest yourself (or let the Lord kill them again).

Pretty easy really. The difficult part is killing the Prison Guard (especially if he's a Swadian). The main strategy is: kick the guard, smack his head with the stick, kick him again, smack him again... Keep doing it until he drops (hopefully you haven't been slashed by the other guards) and run into the dungeon as soon as possible.

If you fail to sneak in successfully then I'm afraid you're going to be stuck in jail!

I wish they'd let your companions help you though. Bunduk and Katrin would put up a great fight.

If you're not at war then it's really easy. A siege crossbow will eliminate the prison guard in one hit.

The prison is right by the Castle guard wearing plate mail, and starting the fire didn't seem to help at all.  I snuck in just fine, but the Castle guard and two town guards were still right there waiting to bust me up.  oh well, can't win em all, any chance they'll offer a prisoner trade since I hold two of their lords?

take your army, besiege the town/castle and kill everyone and you have rescued the imprisoned lord :grin:

if you haven't got the troops to do it yourself, get another lord to help by asking him to accompany you so he brings his army (he needs to be co-operative to follow your plan)

Urlik's method is a good one. I prefer going all ninja on them but hey... :smile:

Alternatively you can just wait for peacetime. The quest will be cancelled and you won't receive any negative effects.

Sometimes I turn down all the difficulty settings so that I can kill the guards with the ****ty stick. Remeber you only need kill the jailer then run into the dungeon. The rest can be handled by your new lord friend on the way out, provided he dont attack you.

Btw the lord attacking you bug is fixed by just restarting the game, by that i mean exiting and reloading it not a new save.

well I got lucky and peace came around before the quest failed.  I lack the skills to take down the Jailer before the Castle guard and company give me the bum's rush.  Thanks for all the suggestions though, I'll head over to the training fields and work on my group melee skills.  When I can take four without being hit... Then I shall be ready :wink: (yeah right lmao)

The best way to beat a group is to not beat a group... Hehe.

Backpedal and the enemy AI will randomly do the same. Do it for long enough and you'll be having one-on-ones.

Not applicable in a Prison Break situation though!

Back
Top Bottom