Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

How to run custom mod on linux? On windows it's jsut changing the mod name in start.bat. What about linux??

Blow_Up said:
When you configure the server encountered a problem: the string value set_respawn_time not apply above 30. I need to increase the time of rebirth, for example up to 3 minutes. How to do it?
By default there is a maximum amount of time for respawn. You could change it in the actual module, but unless it's crucial for your server then I wouldn't do it. Plus, it would be way more work then you are probably willing to do.

Slayerofdragons911 said:
Hey everyone,

I followed the exact directions and even disabled my firewall but my friend still can't see my server. I can see my server on the public and LAN lists please help!
You forwarded the correct ports? It could also be that your modem or router is just not wanting to actually forward. Make sure you do have it enabled. What Internet device do you have?

king960 said:
How to run custom mod on linux? On windows it's jsut changing the mod name in start.bat. What about linux??

Here is the command line I use (I don't know if the guide is the same)

Code:
wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Default.txt -m Native

-m Native is what you would change if you want to load a different module. For Example, if I had a module named BF_II I would put

Code:
wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Default.txt -m BF_II

I did like this, but it seems i have an error. The Server wants to load texture : /resources/*.(forgot the extension) . Weird

When i open the .bat file it loads up the stuff and exits out right after loading up everything... why? Please help.

Could you provide a screenshoot or code log of what's happening? It would be extremely helpful for me, and it would definitely speed up the time it takes for us to find a solution. To be perfectly honest it's probably a common error such as misspelling or something as simple as that.

I require some assistance, I am attempting to host on ubuntu dekstop edition however the commands for wineconsole don't seem to work. Please reply ASAP.

Zenithar said:
Could you provide a screenshot of what you're doing, and what response it's giving you?

Here is the error I've been experiencing, I tried doing the screen part before this command but this didn't seem to effect the error.
pj53HLY.png

I am fairly new to ubuntu and linux altogether.

Fraser said:
Zenithar said:
Could you provide a screenshot of what you're doing, and what response it's giving you?

Here is the error I've been experiencing, I tried doing the screen part before this command but this didn't seem to effect the error.
pj53HLY.png

I am fairly new to ubuntu and linux altogether.
try this line

wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Default.txt -m Napoleonic Wars

Rename your Config file to Default.txt It will make it easier for you.

Zenithar said:
try this line

wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Default.txt -m Napoleonic Wars

Rename your Config file to Default.txt It will make it easier for you.
Sorry for late reply D: Attempted this and received the same error message even with a fresh install of wine..
Also attempted to launch in cntrl + alt + F1 mode but this made no difference.

Zenithar said:
Hm. This may sound rude but it's a legitimate question, do you have Napoleonic Wars in your Modules folder?
Yup its definitely there. Maybe this guide simply doesn’t work for Ubuntu Desktop?

Issue Resolved  :grin:, For future reference if using a desktop version of ubuntu make sure your inside the directory the .exe is contained within. Thanks for your help Zenithar Ly bye.

Fraser said:
Issue Resolved  :grin:, For future reference if using a desktop version of ubuntu make sure your inside the directory the .exe is contained within. Thanks for your help Zenithar Ly bye.
Oh wow. I'm not going to lie. That used to be a problem for me. I got so used to doing it that I forgot that had to be a thing.

Mad Dawg said:
Good job Zenitar, keep it up. 
Thanks I guess, I got nothing better to do then try and help.

Not %100 Sure but this should be close.
Code:
#WARNING: Make sure that you change the capital values with proper ones.
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin xxxxxx
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
set_pass_private :C
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid server name
set_server_name Test
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid welcome message
set_welcome_message Test
#Steam must be running in order to use valve anti cheat
#Also you must use the Steam version of the dedicated server in order to use this option
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
#Sets Gametype
set_mission multiplayer_dm
#setting max players, first one is non-premium member limit, second one is premium member limit
set_max_players 200 200
set_num_bots_voteable 200
set_combat_speed 1
set_factions_voteable 1
set_force_default_armor 0
set_friendly_fire 0
set_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 1
set_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 1
set_melee_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 1
set_melee_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 1
set_kick_voteable 1
set_melee_friendly_fire 1
set_round_gold_bonus 300
set_starting_gold 1000
set_combat_gold_bonus 300
set_control_block_direction 2

set_map map_1
add_map map_1

add_factions 1 1

set_randomize_factions 0

#since default team point limit is 300, the line below is necessary for this mode
set_team_point_limit 1000
#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 1000000000
set_auto_team_balance_limit 10000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs_
set_server_ban_list_file Logs_\ban_list.txt
start
[/spoiler]
Values are usually trial and error.

I bought a dedicated server. It's on Windows 2008.

I downloaded Warband server files and launched the server. There are no errors on the command console, everything seems fine, but the server isn't on the servers list for some reason.

And yes, ports are opened.

Can anyone help me please? Any idea of why this might be happening?

[Solved, just had to disable Windows firewall]

Back
Top Bottom