Hosting a Dedicated Server Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Yoshod said:
Leonemo said:
Yoshod said:
Ok I have a new prob. My friend does not see the server on internet but I do so can somebody try joining the server. Its audrics_prison_break its NW

You should open the port on your router if you're running it on your PC.
pdqg1Hm0j
ezMWfSDKj
p2v4GCTSj
pbqnDa35j

1. Deactivate the Firewall on your PC.
2. Is the "Send to LAN Server"-IP the LAN IP of your computer? If not look on the router's device list and search for your computer LAN IP.

Yoshod said:
EDIT: Im hosting from the uk and my friend lives in NA. Is that why?

Definitely not.

Leonemo said:
Yoshod said:
Leonemo said:
Yoshod said:
Ok I have a new prob. My friend does not see the server on internet but I do so can somebody try joining the server. Its audrics_prison_break its NW

You should open the port on your router if you're running it on your PC.
pdqg1Hm0j
ezMWfSDKj
p2v4GCTSj
pbqnDa35j

1. Deactivate the Firewall on your PC.
2. Is the "Send to LAN Server"-IP the LAN IP of your computer? If not look on the router's device list and search for your computer LAN IP.

Yoshod said:
EDIT: Im hosting from the uk and my friend lives in NA. Is that why?

Definitely not.
You will need to portforward or use a program such as Hamachi or Tungle. If you look back previously at what others have said, you should be able to find information that will help you with the task. If not, there are plenty of tutorials you can find elsewhere.

I have the problem on Linux, that my server don't loads the preferences from the Battle.txt. When I start the server it loads the default values. I have to set all over the Wineconsole or the Administration field. It's very annoying to do that manuel after a server restart or a crash.

Leonemo said:
I have the problem on Linux, that my server don't loads the preferences from the Battle.txt. When I start the server it loads the default values. I have to set all over the Wineconsole or the Administration field. It's very annoying to do that manuel after a server restart or a crash.
Check the batch file to make sure the -r file name is correct for the .txt you want to load...assuming linux is the same.

Mad Dawg said:
Leonemo said:
Check the batch file to make sure the -r file name is correct for the .txt you want to load...assuming linux is the same.

Yes I wrote Sample_Battle.txt. Doesn't work. :sad:

Leonemo said:
Mad Dawg said:
Leonemo said:

Yes I wrote Sample_Battle.txt. Doesn't work. :sad:
Contact me through Steam and I can try to assist you live.

Sorry for my awful English  :grin:
I did nothing else except these steps
I opened 7240 (udp) and fix firewall for access. and checked it whit port checker. that was truly forwarded
I downloaded Dedicated files from taleworld.
I edited  Sample_Deathmatch.txt (inter admin pass. name of server,,,) and remove # before each of them
I run Sample_Deathmatch_start batch file
I opened the game and searched for my server in servers list.
I SAW NOTHING except other servers!!! :mad: :cry: :sad:
Please help me. and tell me where i am wrong.
my upload speed is too low (15 kb p/s). but if i can build a server i will buy a better internet whit more than 70 kb p/s
I have version 1.158

on windows.
windows seven 32 bit
except the game version 1.158 and dedicated file from taleworld site , i have no other file about this game.

Ra'Jiska said:
Can you see your server on the local network ?
If you do, and don't see it on the Internet board, the pprt it's being started on is not forwarded.
Hi, now i can see my server just on local area list. but they are TWO server. whit ping 0
i opened one of them with admin password . and then I kicked from server!!
WHy there are two?
WHY KICK?!
port 7240 is forwarded.
maybe another port must be forwarded.
but which port?

When you configure the server encountered a problem: the string value set_respawn_time not apply above 30. I need to increase the time of rebirth, for example up to 3 minutes. How to do it?

Hey everyone,

I followed the exact directions and even disabled my firewall but my friend still can't see my server. I can see my server on the public and LAN lists please help!

Back
Top Bottom