[S] Diplomacy (old discussion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was integrating it today but I got the error that a notification menu for truce was missing mnu_notification_alliance_declared  It wasn't in the source game_menus.py and its not in the native.  Awesome mod though can't wait to get it working on my private mod. 

Ailan said:
I was integrating it today but I got the error that a notification menu for truce was missing mnu_notification_alliance_declared  It wasn't in the source game_menus.py and its not in the native.  Awesome mod though can't wait to get it working on my private mod.

Indeed mnu_notification_alliance_declared was missing in the sources files. Please download again. You can find it in game_menus.py now. Since keeping up the delta is getting hard, with 1.5beta I will start to add the whole source files.

Oh yes please increase the amount.

Waihti said:
Lord Affe said:
Very very thanks for this great mod . ( The best mod for the "best game ever" :smile: )

Suggestion:
I guess the reputation boost for a gift is too much. I spend a bit of wine ( vine ? ) and it boosted the reputation +4.
I think thats too much. It should be only +1 for my opinion. Or better: If you gave a gift the next gift should only be possible in a week later. ( I dont know if thats possible )

regards
lord affe.

Seems he liked alcohol :smile:

Acutally the chance for getting a +3 or a +4 boost for wine ist 50:50. However maybe I am going to increase the amount needed to 150 or 200.

Waihti said:
Lord Affe said:
Bug ?

I tried to give a fievs ( Armere ) to Harlaus . I sent Marnid for this diplomatic mission. Marnid came back but nothing happened. Armere still is owned by my faction.

Is the bug repeatable? If yes, maybe you can upload your save game somewhere.

One test before i sent marnid to give 3000 dinars as a gift. ( i lost 3000 ) and it didn't work too (either).
I did it again, but increased the argue-skill of marnid . before he had 0 after increasing he had 2. I sent him again and relation boost about 5 i guess to swadia. so that worked. now i have to test it with a fievs.

Is the success of a diplomatic mission really depend on argue-skill ? That would be great.

Lord Affe said:
@EasyCo:

No please. I like this way of sending companions. They should also have the argue-skills. It's a kind of balancing because it hurts you a bit if a campanion leaves you, then you will also loose the party skills. So you have to think about who will you send to other kings.

regards

I don't really care about the fact that they leave your party for a while. I am trying to make all my companions into lords, but if I did that then I would be unable to use diplomacy since I wouldn't have anybody to send. If I control an entire kingdom, it makes no sense that there are only 16 people that I can send on missions. That's why I wanted that option, so that I could turn all the companions into lords, while still being able to use diplomacy.

Lord Affe said:
Is the success of a diplomatic mission really depend on argue-skill ? That would be great.

Not if your sending a gift. It depends on persuasion for some other missions.

bgfan said:
Yes! I no longer have to go looking through the markets in every city for food! Thank you waihti! :razz:

You still have to, since your wife loves short ways and she doesn't want to go if the merchant has not enough bread...

Qwertypolk said:
I'd like more ways of improving relations with lords in my own kingdom. I have around 20 lords, and too little land to give them all fiefs (My own fault, I know) Those without fiefs lose relation with me every few days, some now have -50, which isn't too good :lol:

You can send them gifts via spouse now.

Qwertypolk said:
Any way you could implement a payment system? As in, having those lords as household barons, as opposed to landed barons. It was very much the norm in medieval culture to do so.

Maybe later. If you have something like household barons you also need a function for them which does fit in the game.

i got a few quistion
1. why do some kingdoms never see me as king when i send a companion
2.how can i make the chance of getting a truce bigger
3.do i need to have a truce with a kingdom for an alliance, becaus don't u get a truce only after a war

Reporting a bug:

When visiting a castle that has characters in there, a red text appear with the message

"Unable to load scene objects:
scn_town_19_castle"

This is also repeated in meetings with other characters, towns, streets, taverns and arenas.

terrorib said:
i got a few quistion
1. why do some kingdoms never see me as king when i send a companion
2.how can i make the chance of getting a truce bigger

1. and 2. are both using the same (native) code. Some things which help you getting a positive result:

• Player honor
  • Relation between your faction and the other faction
  • Emissary persuasion
  • inflicted war damage
  • wether it is a civil war
  • strengh of your kingdom
  • you are holding any centers originaly owned by the other faction
  • third party wars

terrorib said:
3.do i need to have a truce with a kingdom for an alliance, becaus don't u get a truce only after a war

Good point, going to change that.

Mohamad said:
Reporting a bug:

When visiting a castle that has characters in there, a red text appear with the message

scn_town_19_castle"

This is also repeated in meetings with other characters, towns, streets, taverns and arenas.

Did you copy the native folder and extracted Diplomacy into the same folder overwriting the native files?

Waihti said:
Mohamad said:
Reporting a bug:

scn_town_19_castle"

Did you copy the native folder and extracted Diplomacy into the same folder overwriting the native files?
Never mind, I did not do the right installation. My apology!

your right btw
its just that king harlaus is a bully
i tried it with the nords and raggy called me lord of veluca
swadia will burn next

This mod keeps getting better and better!

Thank you - and keep up the good work!
...as long as you wish, that is...  :cool:

Looking forward to any further improvements!

cheers!

Its a really great mod and i hope it gets integrated into some big mods soon. :smile:

One question, this doesnt apply to the AI does it?

Oh and it says Planned for 1.5beta in the version history, guess it should say 1.6beta.

Blist said:
Its a really great mod and i hope it gets integrated into some big mods soon. :smile:

I hope that too.

Blist said:
One question, this doesnt apply to the AI does it?

Nope, it does not.

Blist said:
Oh and it says Planned for 1.5beta in the version history, guess it should say 1.6beta.

It's planned for 1.5.1  :wink:

looking forward to the finished version of this

I think I'll wait till after my current play through before I download and install and see what bugs have been fixed and what new features are added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom