A singleplayer manual

Users who are viewing this thread

Wilsonrtf said:
Well let's say your set, all you need to do is talk to the King you desire and give homage to him if he accepts you. There is also a chance that you can be invited to be there vassal if your a famous man or women. Once your accepted if you're a Commoner you will receive your very own choice of a banner. You will also get a fief of a town of the King's choice. Hint, he will always choose the least profitable fief in the kingdom. Even worse, whoever owned it before you will have a significant negative relationship with you, you upstart.

Will the King always grant the less profitable fief in the kingdom to a newcomer, even if there are unasigned fiefs to be given (for example, recently taken in a war)?
Usually. I believe that the fief is decided right after you accept the invitation. Between that time and the time you actually sworn in, the prosperity of fiefs may change.

Noble and Commoner Companions: I believe Baheshtur and Firentis are also noble. By looking at the game script that assign companions personality and look up the place where lords make commend about commoner turn vassal, any companion that has personality of roguish (Borcha, Nizar, Klethi), custodian (Marnid, Deshavi, Katrin, Artimenner) and benefactor (Ymira, Bunduk, Jeremus) are commoners. I assume that if lord doesn't say anything, he's ok with that.

The nobles:
- Rolf: cunning.
- Baheshtur: cunning.
- Firentis: upstanding.
- Matheld: martial.
- Alayen: martial.
- Lezalit: selfrighteous.

SPD_Phoenix said:
Wilsonrtf said:
Well let's say your set, all you need to do is talk to the King you desire and give homage to him if he accepts you. There is also a chance that you can be invited to be there vassal if your a famous man or women. Once your accepted if you're a Commoner you will receive your very own choice of a banner. You will also get a fief of a town of the King's choice. Hint, he will always choose the least profitable fief in the kingdom. Even worse, whoever owned it before you will have a significant negative relationship with you, you upstart.

Will the King always grant the less profitable fief in the kingdom to a newcomer, even if there are unasigned fiefs to be given (for example, recently taken in a war)?
Usually. I believe that the fief is decided right after you accept the invitation. Between that time and the time you actually sworn in, the prosperity of fiefs may change.

Noble and Commoner Companions: I believe Baheshtur and Firentis are also noble. By looking at the game script that assign companions personality and look up the place where lords make commend about commoner turn vassal, any companion that has personality of roguish (Borcha, Nizar, Klethi), custodian (Marnid, Deshavi, Katrin, Artimenner) and benefactor (Ymira, Bunduk, Jeremus) are commoners. I assume that if lord doesn't say anything, he's ok with that.

The nobles:
- Rolf: cunning.
- Baheshtur: cunning.
- Firentis: upstanding.
- Matheld: martial.
- Alayen: martial.
- Lezalit: selfrighteous.

Well that is some good info Phoenix. I will edit my post tomorrow with this awesome news!

There I added in the extras and made a post from this personality chart.

Nothing to see here - move along.

The post that was here was moved (and corrected in some parts) to page 4 and page 1.

vonskyme said:
The Mill: this offers a one off, single time, one time only, once in a lifetime (not repeating... get that? Many people keep asking) bonus of 5% to a village's prosperity, and hence tax. Don't do this in villages you can't protect, because the benefit is effectively lost when it's looted back to very poor.

This is a common misconception. The Mill improvement bonus is done immediately upon being built but it also is referenced every time a center checks its ideal prosperity. The ideal prosperity is the prosperity value the village will naturally drift towards.

See here:

(call_script, "script_center_get_goods_availability", ":center_no"),
(store_mul, ":hardship_index", reg0, 2), #currently x2

(val_sub, ":ideal", ":hardship_index"),
(val_max, ":ideal", 0),

(try_begin),
      (is_between, ":center_no", villages_begin, villages_end),
      (party_slot_eq, ":center_no", slot_center_has_fish_pond, 1),
      (val_add, ":ideal", 5),
    (try_end),

NOTE: has_fish_pond is the Mill improvement

Every 24 hours the current prosperity will drift 1 point towards the ideal, and the +5 for having a mill is counted every time.

Asylumer said:
vonskyme said:
The Mill: this offers a one off, single time, one time only, once in a lifetime (not repeating... get that? Many people keep asking) bonus of 5% to a village's prosperity, and hence tax. Don't do this in villages you can't protect, because the benefit is effectively lost when it's looted back to very poor.

This is a common misconception. The Mill improvement bonus is done immediately upon being built but it also is referenced every time a center checks its ideal prosperity. The ideal prosperity is the prosperity value the village will naturally drift towards.

See here:

(call_script, "script_center_get_goods_availability", ":center_no"),
(store_mul, ":hardship_index", reg0, 2), #currently x2

(val_sub, ":ideal", ":hardship_index"),
(val_max, ":ideal", 0),

(try_begin),
      (is_between, ":center_no", villages_begin, villages_end),
      (party_slot_eq, ":center_no", slot_center_has_fish_pond, 1),
      (val_add, ":ideal", 5),
    (try_end),

NOTE: has_fish_pond is the Mill improvement

Every 24 hours the current prosperity will drift 1 point towards the ideal, and the +5 for having a mill is counted every time.

Huh. Well there you go. This is why I go to the trouble of pointing out things are just in my experience. Thanks for the detail!

vonskyme said:
Snip
The School: Probably the only improvement really worth making in villages (at least one castle should get a prisoner tower, by the way. Keep all your lords there), the school adds +1 to your relationship with the village every month. This can add up over the course of a long game, and result in much better troop recruitment.

Basically to summarise: other than the prisoner tower and occasional school, upgrades are nothing but a money sink. Don't have too many fiefs (although if you already have 19, just keep going, your tax inefficiency is maxed), and protect your farmers.

Due to a bug in game you only only need 1 school in 1 village (as the bug is at lest global for a faction), it may or may not be per faction type (as I haven't checked if it per faction or all)

When your first post gets full, start putting things in spoilers, it makes it easier for people to find what they want.

A good quick trade route is Salt from Bariyye, Iqbayl and Fishara, usually under 100 then trade at Ahmerrade for about 250.

A good thing for the new character, don't neglect the arena.  Get your weapons master up first, then go to the arena and fight. You get your weapons proficiency up that way, without spending your leveling points.  It does not matter about the money, get those proficiency points, and you also come out totally uninjured, and maybe with a little money too.  Try to pick up so other weapons from the bodies so you can practice on all of them.  You won't get a bow unless you start with one, they switch to the knife when you get close and only the weapon they are using when they go down is available to be scrounged.  If you START with a bow, grab a shield as soon as you can, the knife is faster than swords or staff, but you need that shield to block, a knife can't block. 

Charles du Lac said:
When your first post gets full, start putting things in spoilers, it makes it easier for people to find what they want.

A good quick trade route is Salt from Bariyye, Iqbayl and Fishara, usually under 100 then trade at Ahmerrade for about 250.

A good thing for the new character, don't neglect the arena.  Get your weapons master up first, then go to the arena and fight. You get your weapons proficiency up that way, without spending your leveling points.  It does not matter about the money, get those proficiency points, and you also come out totally uninjured, and maybe with a little money too.  Try to pick up so other weapons from the bodies so you can practice on all of them.  You won't get a bow unless you start with one, they switch to the knife when you get close and only the weapon they are using when they go down is available to be scrounged.  If you START with a bow, grab a shield as soon as you can, the knife is faster than swords or staff, but you need that shield to block, a knife can't block.

Charles the spoiler idea is not a bad one. I did it for Vantards trade route,but to the rest of it would ruin the art of my post I worked on for a while  :wink:..

vonskyme said:
Unfortunately, as you gain more and more fiefs under your personal control, it becomes harder to actually tax them efficiently. The first three fiefs generate no penalty, but after that there is a 5% penalty per fief, to a maximum of 70% - note that this penalty is applied across ALL fiefs.
This is strictly speaking wrong as you might have 0%, 5%, 10%, or even 15% tax inefficiency with 3 fiefs - all depending on type of fief.

You are confusing fief with village or castle, each of which impose a penalty of 5%, but fief as a term in M&B also covers town, and each town imposes a 10% tax penalty. As an example, if you have 2 towns and no other fiefs, your inefficiency is 5%. You don't need 19 fiefs to cap tax inefficiency - it happens already at 8 towns and a village.  :smile:

As such, a more correct way to put it would be that:
taxInefficiency = 5%*(2*NOfTowns + NOfVillages +NOfCastles -3), capped to the interval [0%; 70%]​

I am sure that I saw another thread recently claiming that it increased your max prosperity by 5% permanently (not a permanent bonus to current prosperity or a repeating bonus to current but a fixed bonus to max) as well as giving a one time boost of 5% to the current prosperity when finished. I'll try to look it up.

It won't make a mill profitable anytime soon even if it is the case, but it would make it slightly better.

One obvious question as a player fairly new to M&B: Is there any moderately easy way to discover the personality type of another character chance met on the road - I refer here primarily to lords who turn up asking to join your kingdom or enemy lords you meet in the field and try to convince to join you.

I have sort of convinced myself that enemy nobles I haven't helped out before with relations in the 20-30 range to me have probably had their relations to me boosted over time due to my high honour score or right to rule (one or the other, I don't know that that is why the game frequently hands out free relations points in the daily update but it sounds likely) and that, as such, these lords probably share compatible character traits - but is it actually the case?

Perhaps somebody with a deeper M&B experience could compile that sort of information on personality types for the first post?

EDIT: The question to the answer of detecting personality turned out to be easier than anticipated, at least for meeting lords in the open - it is strictly by the answer of philosophy according to the text files; Possibly you all knew that, but I didn't.  :smile:  It still doesn't tell how personality types interact or what the automatic relationship boosts over time are caused by, but it could help me to track it down. I'd still prefer an answer from somebody who knows it already to spare me an in-depth investigation.  :grin:

martial: My sword is at the disposal of my rightful liege, so long as he upholds his duty to me.
quarrelsome: Bah. They're all a bunch of bastards. I try to make sure that the ones who wrong me learn to regret it.
pitiless: Men will always try to cheat others of their rightful due. In this faithless world, each must remain vigilant of his own rights.
cunning: Well, it's a harsh world, and it is our lot to face harsh choices. Sometimes one must serve a tyrant to keep the peace, but sometimes a bit of rebellion keeps the kings honest. Circumstance is all.
sadistic: My philosophy is simple: it is better to be the wolf than the lamb.
goodnatured: Well, you should keep faith with your promises, and not do injustice to others. Sometimes it's hard to balance those. Stick with people you trust, I think, and it's hard to go far wrong.
upstanding: Kingship and lordship have been instituted to keep the peace and prevent the war of all against all, yet that must not blind us to the possibility of injustice.
roguish: Hmm.. I guess I'm thinking that it's good to be a lord.
benefactor: A good ruler makes sure all are treated justly. Personally, I intend to use my authority to better the lot of those who live in my demesne.
custodian: A good ruler creates the proper conditions for people to prosper. Personally, I intend to use my wealth to create more wealth, for myself and for the common benefit.

vonskyme said:

This is incorrect.  The Mill does in fact give you a permanent 5% increase in prosperity, and it always has.  It's true that it gives a one-time bonus of +5 prosperity, but it ALSO permanently adds +5 to the "ideal prosperity" value of the village.  The game continually pushes the prosperity of the village toward this ideal prosperity value, which means increasing the ideal prosperity by 5 is essentially a permanent 5% increase.  People don't realize this because it's not a number that you actually "see" in the game, but it does make a big difference behind the scenes.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I see someone else has already pointed this out.

The School: Probably the only improvement really worth making in villages (at least one castle should get a prisoner tower, by the way. Keep all your lords there), the school adds +1 to your relationship with the village every month. This can add up over the course of a long game, and result in much better troop recruitment.

Schools are actually completely useless right now (and they always have been in previous versions as well).  I reported this on the bug tracker, and thankfully it looks like it's going to be fixed in the next version.  Currently ALL of your villages get the school bonus, even if they don't have a school.  You may have noticed that all of your villages gain +1 relation every month, no matter what.  This is actually only supposed to happen for villages that have schools, but currently there is no check to see if the village actually has a school, so every village just gets the bonus by default.

This also means that building a school has no beneficial impact whatsoever (again, this will be fixed in the next patch).

The Watchtower: This increases the amount of time that a lord requires to loot the village by 33% (note that the description in game says 25%, but due to an error in the maths it is actually 33%). This can be useful if combined with the messenger post to allow you to try to help your village, particularly for the 'rich' ones.

The other benefit the watchtower provides is that it doubles the "spotting" distance for your villages.  In other words, they can report on incoming enemies from twice the distance as normal.  Also, it sounds like the next patch will make it so looting time is increased by 50% instead of 25/33%.

Gah, I really should spend time looking at code to confirm what I read in the forums...

Nah, I hate looking at code, people let me know when I'm wrong... :wink:

I'm not going to change the school thing as it's a bug which will be fixed, so what I wrote WILL be correct in time... I'm just a good fortune teller. The mill change and the towns counting double I'll add.

I will take a look at all this info here and correct what is right by tomorrow. I am busy today so I will do it then. (As in the page 7 info) I am glad you guys are still putting in your word and helping us correct the manual maybe one day when it's all fixed and it has 20,000 views they may sticky it.  :grin:

Character and Companion Skill Setups
I use a system to maximize each companion’s and personal character’s abilities. Others have posted things about this, but I have tried to refine it down to be as simple as possible and in 1 place. Everyone has a different play style and with the classes below I have found that when the abilities and skills of the companions and personal character are focused, they are much better. My first characters and companions had points scattered wily-nilly; and though I as a player was effective, this system has led to much more enjoyment and potency (especially in the frustrating realm of companions). Hope it helps others out there. PS: Remember, training stacks; so make sure each companion has a few levels to raise quick powerful armies. Thanks to Hughes, Galdus, Vonskyme, and Archonsod for the info they shared on the boards that I used to make this listing.

Till level 10-12: Basic Fighting Skills:
1. For Fighters (STR based):
  a. AGI: Weapon Mastery (4), Riding (4 to allow for warhorse), Athletics
  b. Training (at least 1)
  c. Shield and/or Horse Archery for mounted thrown weapons
2. For Knights (STR/AGI mix):
  a. Alternate raise STR and AGI immediately 
      i. STR: Power Strike, Iron Flesh, Power Throw (alt out for other skills if needed)
      ii. AGI: Weapon Mastery (4 min) and Riding (4 for warhorse) first
          1. Athletics, Shield, Horse Archery (for thrown weapons)
  b. Training (at least 1)
3. For Archers (STR based): Start STR when AGI needs below are filled:
  a. AGI: Weapon Mastery ( 4), Horse Archery (4), and Riding (4, courser)
  b. Training (If points available)
4. For Thieves (AGI based):
  a. STR: Power Strike, Power Draw (3 min), Iron Skin
  b. Training (at least 1)
  c. Weapon Mastery and Riding (4, courser)
5. For Traders/Politicians (or diplomats if you swing that way) (CHA based):
  a. STR: Power Strike, Power Draw (3 min for both)
  b. AGI: Weapon Mastery (3 or 4), Riding (min 4 for warhorse)
  c. INT:  If attributes above already allow skills add to Int. based skills(till level 10)
  d. Training (If points available, or add later)
6. For Support Personnel: Scout, Medic, Tactician (INT based):
  a. STR: Power Strike (3), (and Power Draw if you want bows instead of crossbows)
  b. AGI: Weapon Mastery (3 or 4), Riding (4 to allow for warhorse)
  c. Training (at least 1)
Once Level 10-12 is reached (or Basic skill-set bases are complete ie: riding):
  a. Iron Flesh, Power Strike, Power Throw (till lvl 10 each)
2. For Knights (AGI/STR mix):
  a. Continue alternating STR and AGI
      i. STR: Power Strike, Iron Flesh, Power Throw
      ii. AGI: Athletics (Till desired level reached, then go STR)
        1. Shield, Riding, Weapon Mastery
        2. Horse Archery (max lvl 5/6)
3. For Archers (STR based):
  a. Power Draw, Power Strike, Iron Flesh
  b. If Archer needs a boost in Horse Archer to kill more effectively later on, add more points to AGI and bump up Horse Archery and Riding. Extra point(s) to Training
  a. Loot (you are a thief after all) and Athletics (quick thief or a dead thief)
  b. Horse Archery (max lvl 6), Riding and/or Shield get the rest of points divided up to suit playing style
5. For Traders/Politicians (CHA based):
  a. Trade (self explanatory)
  b. Rest of points divide up into martial skills (for survivability and support), support skills (healing backup), and Horse Archery if bow equipped
  c. If player character is Politician: points in Trade, Persuasion, Leadership
6. For Support Personnel (INT based):
  a. Scout: Pathfinding, Tracking, Spotting
  b. Medic: First Aid, Surgery, Wound Healing
  c. Tactician: Engineer, Tactics, Trainer
Weapon Load-outs
Here are my personal preferences for Weapon Setups for the classes above (modify as desired)
1. Fighters/ Knights:
  a. Spear (Use whichever kind you prefer. Personal Character usually gets a lance)
  b. Shield (No beating a Huscarl; but if trying to stay faction/style oriented, feel free)
  c. Axe/Sword/Mace/Pick (prefer Morningstar when STR is high enough)
  d. Thrown weapon stack (can remove spear above and use 2 stacks)
2. Archers:
  a. Bow (be sure to keep Pwr Draw 3 to 4 lvls above bow level to avoid aiming penalties)
  b. Arrows (Only the Special K ones for me)
  c. Shield (As said above in 1b, Huscarl etc)
  d. Axe/Sword/Mace/Pick (prefer Morningstar when STR is high enough)
3. Thieves:
  a. Bow (be sure to keep Pwr Draw 3 to 4 lvls above bow level to avoid aiming penalties)
  b. Arrows
  c. Shield (See 1b)
  d. Axe/Sword/Mace/Pick (speed weapon to multiply AGI boost)
4. Support Personnel/Traders/Politicians:
  a. Shield (See 1b… I am sure you are catching my drift :p)
  b. Sword/Mace/Pick (prefer Military Hammers for reach/speed/and anti-armor abilities)
  c. Bow or Crossbow
  d. Arrows or Bolts
  e. I prefer light crossbows (except for Trader/Politician) because of the lack of Horse Archery skill and the lack of Power Draw to overcome the penalties. Unless you possess a Power Draw skill of 3 or 4 above the requirement of the bow, you are penalized in accuracy. (Thanks to Vonskyme for the info on Power Draw).
  f. If you find your support personnel dying too quickly, try to keep them away from the heat of the action and use ranged weapons. I use a Grouping Tab that I label “Support”, and keep them back till the enemy is scattered, outnumbered, or outclassed. Keep your Medic safe! If he’s unconscious you don’t get the benefit of his “Surgical” support!

~ Riding should be at a 4 skill minimum for companions and player to grant faster travel and better mounts. More points help in battle with movement speed and agility, and companions don’t get stopped while riding a warhorse or charger when they hit a line of enemies (well, as often at least).

~Use of blunt weapons helps with damage (+25%) and adds income by capturing enemies. Be sure to have a few points in prisoner management with main character. If prisoners aren’t important, use piercing weapons (+50% dmg) for quick armored foe kills. Military picks are good for lower strength classes, but I am not happy about only a 70 reach as it is difficult to hit enemies from the back of a horse with short 1hand weapon. On the ground however, they are awesome for getting inside a foe’s reach and ventilating him in a hurry. Mounted companions with them do well with kills but take more damage.

~I prefer to use coursers instead of hunters for my thieves and archers to allow them to catch their mounted targets and to be able to get away from any mounted pursuers. Haven’t had them cut out from under them too often (fingers crossed).

~I also prefer the Morningstar for my STR classes because of the piercing and crushing attributes. You and your companions will devastate siege armies with these weapons (I prefer to use long 2handers elsewhere, but switch to a Morningstar and Shield when it comes time for a siege).

~ “Ctrl J” stops and rears horse.

~ “X” toggles thrown weapon mode and melee mode. Also thrust or swing mode with a polearm.

~ “Backspace” key opens Tactics HUD to issue commands and has a mini map (helpful to find chest)

~ Press and hold “F1” to get a marker for “Hold Here” troops, place where desired.

This is my first post, so sorry if its not in better form...

NexLanua said:
Character and Companion Skill Setups
I use a system to maximize each companion’s and personal character’s abilities. Others have posted things about this, but I have tried to refine it down to be as simple as possible and in 1 place. Everyone has a different play style and with the classes below I have found that when the abilities and skills of the companions and personal character are focused, they are much better. My first characters and companions had points scattered wily-nilly; and though I as a player was effective, this system has led to much more enjoyment and potency (especially in the frustrating realm of companions). Hope it helps others out there. PS: Remember, training stacks; so make sure each companion has a few levels to raise quick powerful armies. Thanks to Hughes, Galdus, Vonskyme, and Archonsod for the info they shared on the boards that I used to make this listing.

Till level 10-12: Basic Fighting Skills:
  a. AGI: Weapon Mastery (4), Riding (4 to allow for warhorse), Athletics
  b. Training (at least 1)
  c. Shield and/or Horse Archery for mounted thrown weapons
2. For Knights (STR/AGI mix):
  a. Alternate raise STR and AGI immediately 
      i. STR: Power Strike, Iron Flesh, Power Throw (alt out for other skills if needed)
      ii. AGI: Weapon Mastery (4 min) and Riding (4 for warhorse) first
          1. Athletics, Shield, Horse Archery (for thrown weapons)
  b. Training (at least 1)
3. For Archers (STR based): Start STR when AGI needs below are filled:
  a. AGI: Weapon Mastery ( 4), Horse Archery (4), and Riding (4, courser)
  b. Training (If points available)
  a. STR: Power Strike, Power Draw (3 min), Iron Skin
  b. Training (at least 1)
  c. Weapon Mastery and Riding (4, courser)
5. For Traders/Politicians (or diplomats if you swing that way) (CHA based):
  a. STR: Power Strike, Power Draw (3 min for both)
  b. AGI: Weapon Mastery (3 or 4), Riding (min 4 for warhorse)
  c. INT:  If attributes above already allow skills add to Int. based skills(till level 10)
  d. Training (If points available, or add later)
6. For Support Personnel: Scout, Medic, Tactician (INT based):
  a. STR: Power Strike (3), (and Power Draw if you want bows instead of crossbows)
  b. AGI: Weapon Mastery (3 or 4), Riding (4 to allow for warhorse)
  c. Training (at least 1)
Once Level 10-12 is reached (or Basic skill-set bases are complete ie: riding):
  a. Iron Flesh, Power Strike, Power Throw (till lvl 10 each)
2. For Knights (AGI/STR mix):
  a. Continue alternating STR and AGI
      i. STR: Power Strike, Iron Flesh, Power Throw
      ii. AGI: Athletics (Till desired level reached, then go STR)
        1. Shield, Riding, Weapon Mastery
        2. Horse Archery (max lvl 5/6)
3. For Archers (STR based):
  a. Power Draw, Power Strike, Iron Flesh
  b. If Archer needs a boost in Horse Archer to kill more effectively later on, add more points to AGI and bump up Horse Archery and Riding. Extra point(s) to Training
  a. Loot (you are a thief after all) and Athletics (quick thief or a dead thief)
  b. Horse Archery (max lvl 6), Riding and/or Shield get the rest of points divided up to suit playing style
5. For Traders/Politicians (CHA based):
  a. Trade (self explanatory)
  b. Rest of points divide up into martial skills (for survivability and support), support skills (healing backup), and Horse Archery if bow equipped
  c. If player character is Politician: points in Trade, Persuasion, Leadership
6. For Support Personnel (INT based):
  a. Scout: Pathfinding, Tracking, Spotting
  b. Medic: First Aid, Surgery, Wound Healing
  c. Tactician: Engineer, Tactics, Trainer
Weapon Load-outs
Here are my personal preferences for Weapon Setups for the classes above (modify as desired)
1. Fighters/ Knights:
  a. Spear (Use whichever kind you prefer. Personal Character usually gets a lance)
  b. Shield (No beating a Huscarl; but if trying to stay faction/style oriented, feel free)
  c. Axe/Sword/Mace/Pick (prefer Morningstar when STR is high enough)
  d. Thrown weapon stack (can remove spear above and use 2 stacks)
2. Archers:
  b. Arrows (Only the Special K ones for me)
  c. Shield (As said above in 1b, Huscarl etc)
  d. Axe/Sword/Mace/Pick (prefer Morningstar when STR is high enough)
3. Thieves:
  b. Arrows
  c. Shield (See 1b)
  d. Axe/Sword/Mace/Pick (speed weapon to multiply AGI boost)
4. Support Personnel/Traders/Politicians:
  a. Shield (See 1b… I am sure you are catching my drift :p)
  b. Sword/Mace/Pick (prefer Military Hammers for reach/speed/and anti-armor abilities)
  c. Bow or Crossbow
  d. Arrows or Bolts
  e. I prefer light crossbows (except for Trader/Politician) because of the lack of Horse Archery skill and the lack of Power Draw to overcome the penalties. Unless you possess a Power Draw skill of 3 or 4 above the requirement of the bow, you are penalized in accuracy. (Thanks to Vonskyme for the info on Power Draw).
  f. If you find your support personnel dying too quickly, try to keep them away from the heat of the action and use ranged weapons. I use a Grouping Tab that I label “Support”, and keep them back till the enemy is scattered, outnumbered, or outclassed. Keep your Medic safe! If he’s unconscious you don’t get the benefit of his “Surgical” support!

~ Riding should be at a 4 skill minimum for companions and player to grant faster travel and better mounts. More points help in battle with movement speed and agility, and companions don’t get stopped while riding a warhorse or charger when they hit a line of enemies (well, as often at least).

~Use of blunt weapons helps with damage (+25%) and adds income by capturing enemies. Be sure to have a few points in prisoner management with main character. If prisoners aren’t important, use piercing weapons (+50% dmg) for quick armored foe kills. Military picks are good for lower strength classes, but I am not happy about only a 70 reach as it is difficult to hit enemies from the back of a horse with short 1hand weapon. On the ground however, they are awesome for getting inside a foe’s reach and ventilating him in a hurry. Mounted companions with them do well with kills but take more damage.

~I prefer to use coursers instead of hunters for my thieves and archers to allow them to catch their mounted targets and to be able to get away from any mounted pursuers. Haven’t had them cut out from under them too often (fingers crossed).

~I also prefer the Morningstar for my STR classes because of the piercing and crushing attributes. You and your companions will devastate siege armies with these weapons (I prefer to use long 2handers elsewhere, but switch to a Morningstar and Shield when it comes time for a siege).

~ “Ctrl J” stops and rears horse.

~ “X” toggles thrown weapon mode and melee mode. Also thrust or swing mode with a polearm.

~ “Backspace” key opens Tactics HUD to issue commands and has a mini map (helpful to find chest)

~ Press and hold “F1” to get a marker for “Hold Here” troops, place where desired.

This is my first post, so sorry if its not in better form...

Well, it looks like you put some time into this. Very nice bud. I will put this on the 1st page for effort. Congratz. :wink:

Charles du Lac said:

each spoiler could be like a chapter
Code:
[spoiler=Chapter 1: Character Creation (example)]Information goes here[/spoiler]

break things into more paragraphs, and itll be even better :smile:

bigtoebubby said:
Charles du Lac said:

each spoiler could be like a chapter
Code:
[spoiler=Chapter 1: Character Creation (example)]Information goes here[/spoiler]

break things into more paragraphs, and itll be even better :smile:

Bigtoe I will take that into consideration. It will take a little while to do so and plan it out so I will do it when I get a chance. I have been told this a couple times now I need to motivate myself to do it,and I will soon thanks for the slight motivation.

There I did it and it saved no space lol epic fail  :???: I am converting any new info into the 5th post of mine.

Back
Top Bottom