A singleplayer manual

Users who are viewing this thread

Another nice merchant path is to buy flax in Sargoth and sell it in Durquba, then buy iron and salt from Ahmerrad (and the other Sarranid cities) and head back through Tulga for the spice. I then make my way back to Sargoth for more flax, selling the spice, iron and salt along the way.

stormcricket said:
Another nice merchant path is to buy flax in Sargoth and sell it in Durquba, then buy iron and salt from Ahmerrad (and the other Sarranid cities) and head back through Tulga for the spice. I then make my way back to Sargoth for more flax, selling the spice, iron and salt along the way.

I'll take a look at it when I get a chance I have been busy with what I have doing so far. When I load up a new SP game (waiting on a patch) I am going to look at every city's trade situation.

Another good trade path is to circle around whole Calradia:

to buy under X
to sell above X

1. Khudan - Wool 120+, Spice 800+
2. Curaw - Iron 120-, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
3. Sargoth - Flax 80-, Fish 40-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
4. Suno - Wine 200-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
5. Praven - Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
6. Yalen - Fish 40-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
7. Jelkala - Fish 40-, Wool 60-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
8. Sarranid Cities - Salt 120-, Iron 120-, Wine 300+, Flax 200+, Fish 100+
9. Tulga - Salt 120-, Spice 500-
... back to Khudan ...

That way you almost always carry some trade goods. Income is about 10-30k each round (with trade 3, inv. management 6).

Sorry, for my English :wink:

As Taleworlds doesn't supply its direct customers with the official manual or provide a download for it (big fugging *nudge*), it would be nice if you could add a link to the Steam copy.

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/48700/PDX5505US_Warband_Manual_US.pdf

Vantard said:
Another good trade path is to circle around whole Calradia:

to buy under X
to sell above X

1. Khudan - Wool 120+, Spice 800+
2. Curaw - Iron 120-, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
3. Sargoth - Flax 80-, Fish 40-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
4. Suno - Wine 200-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
5. Praven - Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
6. Yalen - Fish 40-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
7. Jelkala - Fish 40-, Wool 60-, Iron 300+, Salt 270+, Spice 800+
8. Sarranid Cities - Salt 120-, Iron 120-, Wine 300+, Flax 200+, Fish 100+
9. Tulga - Salt 120-, Spice 500-
... back to Khudan ...

That way you almost always carry some trade goods. Income is about 10-30k each round (with trade 3, inv. management 6).

Sorry, for my English :wink:

I can add this, and congratz your part of my manual. Good job too I was hoping some brave warrior would post a sort of fully made trade route. That beats mine.....  :shock:

nood said:
As Taleworlds doesn't supply its direct customers with the official manual or provide a download for it (big fugging *nudge*), it would be nice if you could add a link to the Steam copy.

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/48700/PDX5505US_Warband_Manual_US.pdf

Done and done.

I can add this, and congratz your part of my manual. Good job too I was hoping some brave warrior would post a sort of fully made trade route. That beats mine.....  :shock:

I'm currently working on it. Doing some research on other trade goods. Tools from Curaw to Jelkala nets ~200 denars, ect.
I'll post an update later, if you don't mind :wink:

Vantard said:

I'm currently working on it. Doing some research on other trade goods. Tools from Curaw to Jelkala nets ~200 denars, ect.

Sure thing man I will be around most of the day to edit any details you can give me. I have been reading other posts with plausible information and such to add to my collection of the most official, unofficial information I can get. Keep me posted trading and making money is a big thing in this game due to lack of fief money and taxes (Native).

I had a question that might apply to the companion to lord section. What determines a companions army cap once converted to a lord. Are they effected by leadership stats and what determines their renown levels. i'm just trying to figure out when its time to let these guys do there own thing but I'm worried I'll end up with a guy that carries 40 men in his army.

Thanks for putting the manual together great work.

thanks for the manual nood!

i suggest everyone read it even if you're a seasoned m&b player.

i just learned a few things that you may find fascinating:
- surgery provides 4% chance per point to be wounded rather than killed added to a base of 25%. so if you have 5(+2), it's actually 53%; if 10(+2), it's actually 73%  :shock: whoa!
- power draw's bonus damage is capped at 72%, but points still improve the accuracy and how long you can keep a bow drawn.
- shield skill also improves the size of the shield vs. ranged attacks :shock:
- tactics skill will allow you to retreat with fewer casualties--and im guessing less hp lost for your own character if youre kinda close. so pretty much improves the autocalc for retreats.
- wound treatment heals crippled horses--i think most of us already know this, but just throwing it out there
- first aid provides the bonus added to a base of 10%. that explains why having 10 points heals 60% life
- weapon proficiencies are built by damage for melee weapons, and shot difficulty for ranged.
- weapons deal the most damage at their maximum reach--no brainer, so try to keep your distance optimized
- horse maneuverability affects acceleration and deceleration in addition to turning speed
- map speed IS affected by riding for mounted units and athletics for infantry. this explains why khergits are not only faster because they're all mounted, but because they also have 6/7 points into riding. confirmed by manual! however it is not affected by horse type. since the game calculates the party speed by average between slowest and fastest, youll only see the benefits of improving riding for your companions on a large scale and if they compose most of the party.
- using a 2h weapon or polearm as a 1h incurs a 35% penalty--i think most know this one too
- 'most weapons will do more damage in the middle of their stroke than at the beginning or end'
- 'In general, all regular soldiers will get one share, your hero companions will get 3 shares each, and as the leader, you will get 10 shares of the loot.'

pbwatson said:
I had a question that might apply to the companion to lord section. What determines a companions army cap once converted to a lord. Are they effected by leadership stats and what determines their renown levels. i'm just trying to figure out when its time to let these guys do there own thing but I'm worried I'll end up with a guy that carries 40 men in his army.

Thanks for putting the manual together great work.

Yes it's his leadership,but you can give all your Lords units and they use them.

bigtoebubby said:
thanks for the manual nood!

i suggest everyone read it even if you're a seasoned m&b player.

i just learned a few things that you may find fascinating:
- surgery provides 4% chance per point to be wounded rather than killed added to a base of 25%. so if you have 5(+2), it's actually 53%; if 10(+2), it's actually 73%  :shock: whoa!
- power draw's bonus damage is capped at 72%, but points still improve the accuracy and how long you can keep a bow drawn.
- shield skill also improves the size of the shield vs. ranged attacks :shock:
- tactics skill will allow you to retreat with fewer casualties--and im guessing less hp lost for your own character if youre kinda close. so pretty much improves the autocalc for retreats.
- wound treatment heals crippled horses--i think most of us already know this, but just throwing it out there
- first aid provides the bonus added to a base of 10%. that explains why having 10 points heals 60% life
- weapon proficiencies are built by damage for melee weapons, and shot difficulty for ranged.
- weapons deal the most damage at their maximum reach--no brainer, so try to keep your distance optimized
- horse maneuverability affects acceleration and deceleration in addition to turning speed
- map speed IS affected by riding for mounted units and athletics for infantry. this explains why khergits are not only faster because they're all mounted, but because they also have 6/7 points into riding. confirmed by manual! however it is not affected by horse type. since the game calculates the party speed by average between slowest and fastest, youll only see the benefits of improving riding for your companions on a large scale and if they compose most of the party.
- using a 2h weapon or polearm as a 1h incurs a 35% penalty--i think most know this one too
- 'most weapons will do more damage in the middle of their stroke than at the beginning or end'
- 'In general, all regular soldiers will get one share, your hero companions will get 3 shares each, and as the leader, you will get 10 shares of the loot.'

I am going to sift through that in about an hour and see what I can use out of your post. I knew most of that and somethings I didn't. Mainly going to update the few skills errors I had on the %'s.

glykool said:
where can i c my right to rule points? so i know how mutch iv got :razz:?

Reports on the bottom of your screen and character report. Make sure you are updated and in a faction or in your own faction.

(Bigtoe I added a few things in the skill box and things to know take a look.)

Vantard said:

Where is my bread and butter trade route Vantard!

Galdus said:
*BUMP*  I was hoping the admins would consider putting this under a sticky for all my effort and love.  :eek:

I fear that no threads get stickied here in the single player sub-forum, as I'vet yet to see one but the old typo thread.

Sticky please ^^

I hope for diplomatic relations here Tale Worlds. I want this post this manual for reasons that will help you. My selflessness is implied here I posted this and it took me a weeks of reading, and a month of playing to get this information. All I want to do is help you, help others. I can have this all formatted to be perfect in spelling and punctuation if desired from people. Please if you don't have the time at the moment to do so, at leat consider it in your minds.      Thanks

bigtoebubby said:

Does the Tactic skill improve the battle number at the beginning of battles too? If it just affects the autobattle it seems kind of crappy...

aadio said:
Does the Tactic skill improve the battle number at the beginning of battles too? If it just affects the autobattle it seems kind of crappy...

Yep, you get more troops with higher Tactics:
TACTICS SKILL (intelligence) (party skill): Every two levels of this skill increases
your starting battle advantage by 1. Battle advantage determines how many
soldiers you can have on the battlefield at the start of a battle and how large your
reinforcements will be. This skill will also let you retreat from a battle with fewer
casualties.

There is a copy of the official map in this thread, as well as some others. May be worth adding to first page:
Mixedpotatoes said:
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9845/mapinenglishcopy.jpg

There ya go

Back
Top Bottom