Sword Song- Anglo Saxon England MOD Ver. 1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

BadKarma

Regular
This MOD is set in the British Isles between 800-900 CE.  I have done the best I could with historical accuracy especially with town and lord names, but there are still a great many inaccuracies.  I also tried to replace as many anachronistic weapons and armour as possible but there are still some floating around.  I may try for more accuracy if I try to port this to War Band.

Features

-Fire Arrow Kingdom Management

-4 new factions making 9 factions all together
Kingdom of Wessex,
kingdom of Mercia,
welsh principalities,
Irish principalities,
Dane law,
The Church,- The church was never actually a kingdom but there influence was so strong at this time especially in Ireland and the anglo saxon kingdoms that I included them as a faction.
Kindom of the Scots,
Kingdom of the Picts,
Kingdom of Northumbria

-new Map
  England and Ireland

-New NPCs with new dialogue
New faces names and intros

-new troop trees for all factions.

Thanks to rucchi for his awesome kingdom management system,
and thanks to everyone who contributes to the OSP which I have relied upon heavily for items.
Thanks specifically Rathos, Talak and Kolba.
If I used something from someone else and did not thank you I apologize.

Download

Thanks Uhtred.  I guess from the title of my MOD it's obviously based Cornwell's saxon tales books.  I see by your name that you have read them too.  Great Books.  Makes you want to go out and raid a monastery.  I should probably give him credit for inspiring the MOD.

Just a minor glitch here.. I've seen this before in custom map mods, I think you just need to tweak the afflicted area coastline a bit. But armies and caravans seem to get held up on these trouble spots. See the pics below...

mb5.jpg

and here...

mb6-1.jpg

Minor issue, its a great mod.

EDIT: Just an update as I progress through the mod. There seem to be allot of troops that don't have any proficency (as in zero) in thier equipped items. I'm finding this mainly with missile armed troops (Javelin and archers). Such as Welsh Raider Cavalry, Irish Elite Kerns, etc. There are more, but I would suggest going through all the troop types of all factions with the troop editor.

EDIT 2: I have gone ahead and edited the necessary files to make the corrections. I also found another problem and the reason why some melee exclusive troops repsonded to commands of archers. These are all fixed. You can download them here..
http://www.4shared.com/file/CitpJqLe/troopfiles_edited.html
Badkarma, I hope this is acceptable, I don't mean to pry, just thought others might benefit from the fixes from this otherwise fantastic mod. If you oppose to this, I will immedietly remove the file and the link. Here is a text of the troops I have edited (17 troops)...
http://www.4shared.com/document/SWmr8U1Q/SS-troopsedit.html

Praylack, thanks so much for your help. The fixes are much appreciated. You can definitely do anything you like with this mod since most of it is stuff I borrowed from other people anyway.  I would definitely appreciate this type of input when I release the WarBand version this coming week.

Praylak said:
This mod is pretty friggin awesome. Your choice in music selection is perfect.

I do not want to be unpleasant, but music included in this mod was stolen from my production - Song of Taliesin. And I don't remember BadKarma asking me for permission. Selecting these tracks took me many months or even whole year, so please delete them and re-upload mod or I'll report it to moderator. Please feel warned, I am not kidding.

Kolba said:
I do not want to be unpleasant, but music included in this mod was stolen from my production - Song of Taliesin. And I don't remember BadKarma asking me for permission. Selecting these tracks took me many months or even whole year, so please delete them and re-upload mod or I'll report it to moderator. Please feel warned, I am not kidding.

Kolba, please don't take this the wrong way, as I'm just making an inquiry into your claim. You have my full respect as a modder, and as M&B gamer I'm especially grateful for the work you have personally done. Stealing cannot be tolerated, I understand this beyond question. But there's several titles in the mod that I'm familiar with such as the Conan soundtrack, and Rome Total war game done by Jeff Van Dyck. The authors of this music hold the rights as they created the songs. So I have to ask, did you actually write, compose, or have anything to do with the production of the songs in the mod?

I got permission from the authors of music in my mod (mentioned Jeff van Dyck etc.), but BadKarma not. Some of the songs were specially designed for the mod and some were edited by me (volume adjust, fading out bad endings, changing frequency etc.). But now everything is ok, as BadKarma apologised me and re-uploaded mod without new music.

Kolba said:
I got permission from the authors of music in my mod (mentioned Jeff van Dyck etc.), but BadKarma not. Some of the songs were specially designed for the mod and some were edited by me (volume adjust, fading out bad endings, changing frequency etc.). But now everything is ok, as BadKarma apologised me and re-uploaded mod without new music.

C'mon man are you serious?

Listen, I'm a DJ and producer... proffesionally signed to record labels. Now every single tune i create gets ripped hundreds of thousands of times via rapidshare etc etc and i havent complained half as much as you have here.

You seem to be going over board with how long it took you to create that music (months or years) ... you didnt even make them, you just EQ'ed them. It takes me a few days to make a whole track from start to finish.

You need to get off yoru high horse, as you dont deserve to be on it. Getting your credit where its due is fine... but getting all ridiculous and threatening is just plain sad

Is this normal, when you start a new campaign?
It seems like everything works fine when playing, but I don't want to face an error or something else after hours of gameplay that shoots the progress down.

I hope this mod isn't dead. I love it. The Vikings are so awesome.

But the Church, and Northumbria, are very underpowered - Wessex, the Picts, and the Scots are good, as are the Irish. But I suggest a re-balancing for the Church and Northumbria.

I've also had a fair number of Missing Interior crashes - I replaced the scenes file with the original as you recommended to someone else, but that only made a few other towns and castles crash instead of the first ones. I'd also take a look at that.

But this is an amazing mod, few bugs, great replay value - the only mod I'm still really playing. It's wonderful, and I hope to see you continue it.

Kolba, one thing - you need to calm down. TheViewer is right. You say you spent a year trying to alter a few settings on that music, when my dad actually works with my younger brothers (I'm 22, one just turned 20, one is 16 and the 16 year old can mix, record and create music as well) to RECORD and MAKE music. It takes him all of a few hours to make a whole track, and he's had no professional training at all. If it takes you a year to mess with the settings on a few main-stream songs you have no copyrights to anyways, and thus no right to tell him not to use them, you need to do something else.

Back
Top Bottom