MP Medieval Age of Blades - AoE II based multiplayer mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Man,your work is great.But i think even we are working on a same idea,that doesnt mean that we are competitors, we can work together and help each other's mod, i was thinking the same ideas which that u already thought,i mean resource things,but i couldnt know how can i implement my mod.So good luck with the mod.That will be great succes,i guess. :wink:

PrinceGhaldir said:
It looks very good! Have you got any picks of the M&B+AoE units?

I concentrated on the coding-part first, so I only have made few retextures of models
and a first version of the paladin-charger:

aoe2-paladin.jpg

paladinhorse.jpg

Cool Man, this is for warband right? Then you can scale the horse up, it would suit the paladins to have slightly bigger horses than the other horses.

Albertus Magnus said:
PrinceGhaldir said:
It looks very good! Have you got any picks of the M&B+AoE units?

I concentrated on the coding-part first, so I only have made few retextures of models
and a first version of the paladin-charger:

aoe2-paladin.jpg

paladinhorse.jpg

Cool.

I love that vanilla look of AoE. It's not historically accurate, but very fun and colourful.

So, how is this gonna be done. I mean the faction colours...
France-Blue
English-Red
Spanish-Red? (that was their colour on Conquerors wasn't it)
...-...?

Revan Shan said:
[Cool.

I love that vanilla look of AoE. It's not historically accurate, but very fun and colourful.

So, how is this gonna be done. I mean the faction colours...
France-Blue
English-Red
Spanish-Red? (that was their colour on Conquerors wasn't it)
...-...?

No, you're wrong.
Player -  blue
Enemy - red

For the rest its pretty much random...

As I already wrote, in the first version of the game, the player will be the only one
with aoe troops, the rest will be the native factions. And the player will of course be blue!
I won't scale a thing because that's much more work than effect, I believe.
I guess I will concentrate on the important things  :wink:

Right taking small bites better than huge chucks which will just bog u down. Good Luck on your mod!

I changed the script, that assignes the banners to the lords, so now all lords (incl. king)
of the same faction have the same banner.
...and the banners don't show any lions, dragons, stripes or whatever, they are
purely showing the color of the faction. The colors of MnB are pretty close to the AoE colors:

blue=blue (player)
green=green (Rhodoks)
pink/violett=pink (Khergits)
yellow=yellow (Sarranids)
grey=grey (Vaegirs)
cyan=cyan (Nords)
orange=orange (Swadians)

as there are only 7 factions (with playerfaction) one color (red) will be unused, but might be
taken for some later versions additions.

Really excellent  :smile:  And all the more great as AoE is a legend for us all.
I started to make AoE castles in Wings 3D some months ago, so that to put them in M&B. Unfortunately I don't have enough time now.

I agree with Revan Shan, but maybe it would be too unrealistic if it's more flat.

That helmet's just a native bascinet, I think I'll change that  :wink:

...with the new spec-map the blue parts, shouldn't be shiny anymore, I'll maybe post a pic tomorrow.

Thanks for your posts  :grin:

Al_Mansur said:
Really excellent  :smile:  And all the more great as AoE is a legend for us all.
I started to make AoE castles in Wings 3D some months ago, so that to put them in M&B. Unfortunately I don't have enough time now.

I agree with Revan Shan, but maybe it would be too unrealistic if it's more flat.

If you have pics of them I'd like to see them!

Back
Top Bottom