MP Medieval Age of Blades - AoE II based multiplayer mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I do love this~ just wish more where on, hell, we could make it like an age of game where one side uses certain units because of corresponding techs that where in the game. eg red has Knights and longswordsman as they are in the castle age, and blue in the imperial age has cavaliers and champions. (based on Britons tech tree)

You're right VonTwat. Nontheless let him buy Warband. Everyone should have it.

Question to all: Would the mod have a chance to be played if it was on the steam-workshop?

Yeah, I don't believe there's a high chance of the mod getting resurrected by Steam Workshop, there are very few multiplayer mods out there which still have an active playerbase.

Maybe because that is a HECK of a lot of work to do, and even though he put a lot of work into the Multiplayer version and everyone had good things to say about it and enjoyed it, very few people actually played it or showed up to the handful of events before it petered out. Sometimes things catch on, and sometimes they don't. I personally loved it, but simply didn't have a lot of time to play at the time. If you have a few months or years to spare and the willingness to devote your free time to a huge project, maybe YOU can learn modding and try to implement "campaigns, AI, and castle destructioning." I agree that that would be awesome, but it's not a simple thing to do.

As a p.s. I just want to say: Way to go for making this in the first place, Albertus Magnus. It really was a fun project and I definitely enjoyed just fooling around against bots by myself =)

It was planned with a SP-part in the beginning. I wrote more than 7000 lines of code for that before I recognized, that it was impossible to bring to a halfway satisfying result.

You had a static AoE-town on the common Warband-world-map, where you had different scenes (One for Towncenter and houses, one for resourcecamps, one for military buildings, one for mill and fields, ...). I cluded resources (food, wood, stone and gold), the function to advance to different Ages, train units, trade resources. research different technologies and more...

Update: I uploaded a passworded wip version of the SP more than 3 years ago. It's really messy, but if you like to have a look you can download it here. The password is: "alotofmess"

Once you're on the worldmap, travel to AoE-town. There you should enable menues, as dialogs weren't implemented. Then do whatever you like.

Back
Top Bottom