[S] Modding the starting equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasmatic

Recruit
I'd like to change what items I get when I start the game, but I'm clueless as to where to start..

I'd like to give myself some decent armor and a decent weapon, not overpowering, but moreso than the standard.

I believe I have the tools I need to do this, I just have no idea how..

Just giving myself some more money to start with would be fine as well.. perhaps I can edit the reward from the merchant quest thingy?

Where do I find this file? if it's even a file?

It sounds like you mean from the main menu.. but I really can't find any option relating to starting equipment..

do I need Editing mode enabled from the launcher?

I dont know very much about warband, but I suppouse its the same thing. Check out for it in stickies.

Well I found a download for module system.. but it gives me a bunch of .py files (module_game_menus included) a .bat file.. without a darn readme.... (btw, the .bat file just gives me a long list of errors and "press any key to close)

The joys of being a newbie and no readme file to use... sigh..

117 .py files and one build_module.bat file...

anybody that can help me make heads or tails of this??

You should read JiKs tutorial, it should be in stickies too. Its for 1.011, but it will help you to figure out some things.

I've been reading up on those guides.. it all seems very very complicated..

Would it be possible, without the python scripts and module system to edit the money rewards from the merchant quest? (the very first quest you get)
if so.. Where would I find those values?

Plasmatic said:
Well I found a download for module system.. but it gives me a bunch of .py files (module_game_menus included) a .bat file.. without a darn readme.... (btw, the .bat file just gives me a long list of errors and "press any key to close)

The joys of being a newbie and no readme file to use... sigh..

117 .py files and one build_module.bat file...

anybody that can help me make heads or tails of this??
Install Python. Get a good text editor. (For example, Crimson Editor) Go to module_game_menus, look for this:
Code:
"start_character_1",mnf_disable_all_keys,
For this marks the beginning of the character generation.

Reading the .py files is a great way to learn. I do not know how patient or lazy you are though. :wink:

Okay, lets for example say you chose the Noble option. The game will have saved the "cb_noble" choice, and later check which you chose and give you items acordingly. You can change or add anything to the below file and it will work.

Code:
      (try_begin),
        (eq,"$background_type",cb_noble),
        (eq,"$character_gender",tf_male),
        (troop_raise_attribute, "trp_player",ca_intelligence,1),
        (troop_raise_attribute, "trp_player",ca_charisma,2),
        (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player",skl_weapon_master,1),
        (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player",skl_power_strike,1),
        (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player",skl_riding,1),
        (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player",skl_tactics,1),
        (troop_raise_skill, "trp_player",skl_leadership,1),
        (troop_raise_proficiency, "trp_player",wpt_one_handed_weapon,10),
        (troop_raise_proficiency, "trp_player",wpt_two_handed_weapon,10),
        (troop_raise_proficiency, "trp_player",wpt_polearm,10),
        (troop_add_item, "trp_player","itm_tab_shield_round_a",imod_battered),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_player", slot_troop_renown, 100),
        (call_script, "script_change_player_honor", 3),
        (troop_add_gold, "trp_player", 100),

As you can see:

Code:
        (troop_add_item, "trp_player","itm_tab_shield_round_a",imod_battered),

This code adds one of the heraldic shields to your inventory if you choose the Noble starting class. Note that it's battered (Imod_battered).

After making your desired changes, click the .bat file and done.

Anyway. What I am doing right now is kinda useless. It's all in those tutorials. :wink: Though my suggestion is, download pyton. Open some .py files (the module ones. the rest should not really be messed with) and read/mess around.

Well I can read the filed with the editor I have (notepad++) even when I don't have python installed.

I just can't seem to get them installed.. ;/

Although I found a very much easier way to get what I wanted..

Enable cheats then just give myself enough money to get started and disable cheats again.

I guess thats what I get playing at 80% difficulty :razz:

Plasmatic said:

The joys of being a newbie and not looking around... sigh..

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html There you are, read it and you can make heads or tails of it.

Back
Top Bottom