MP Tutorial Scenes Making a multiplayer siege map (no bots)

Users who are viewing this thread

A little late but a good lesson as well.. always back up anything before making changes.

While compiling will not overwrite your .sco file, if you then enter the map, edit anything, then save it will overwrite it as long as you are still in the same map referenced by module_scenes.

Kafein said:
EDIT 2 : I got a new problem, I use a siege ladder, move version, I placed it in the raised position, then placed a 100 entry point at the base. When I reload the map, the ladder spawns correctly in dropped position, but I got a red error message about it. I can raise it and drop it, but I can go on it, my guy pass trough like a ghost. It's exactly the opposite if I don't reload the map (and also if I don't place the entry point). Can someone help me about this ?

I have the same problem. Anyone knows a solution?
The error message reads:
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1864: Invalid Scene_prop Instance ID: 365; LINE NO: 1:
At Mission object spr_siege_ladder_move_14m trigger no:2
At Mission object spr_siege_ladder_move_14m trigger no:2

This ladder-problem somehow now resolved itself, don't know why.

I have a new problem now with spawnpoints. I placed the entrypoints up to 63 but everytime i spawn, no matter attacker or defender, i enter at point 23. Strange! Anyone knows why?

If you are dealing with any problem the kind mentioned above, just reload the map (that means, press ctrl+e, save, quit the server and host it again) or even restart the game. Those problems will solve themselves this way.

Greetings, Corran.

I've got a serious problem with destructible doors.
I want to have a door that can be opened from both sides but only for the defending faction. It also has to be destructible. I thought that this was the case for "door_destructible" but it seems that both factions, defenders and attackers are able to open those and even from both sides.
I note, that i don't want to use the sally doors, because they are only openable from one side.
Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it?

Greetings, Corran!

Was able to solve it now! Thanks to Rescurus.

I believe [font=monaco,consolas,fixedsys]castle_f_door_a[/font] and [font=monaco,consolas,fixedsys]castle_f_door_b[/font] do what you want.
module_scene_props.py - check_castle_door_use_trigger said:
#in doors like castle room doors can be opened from both sides, but only defenders can open these doors. Also it can be closed from both sides.
module_scene_props.py said:
("castle_f_door_a",sokf_moveable|sokf_show_hit_point_bar|sokf_destructible|spr_use_time(0),"castle_f_door_a","bo_castle_f_door_a", [
    check_castle_door_use_trigger,

("castle_f_door_b",sokf_moveable|sokf_show_hit_point_bar|sokf_destructible|spr_use_time(0),"castle_e_sally_door_a","bo_castle_e_sally_door_a", [
    check_castle_door_use_trigger,

I made a ladder covering two walls (from one to another) and with your help its possible to move it away. But when I try to walk over it, I fall down  :???:

I have problem with some Moveable ladders. In my map one moveable ladder works but when I create another one, it doesn't work. I can walk trough and some red error text appear:
"SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 530: Invalid Scene_prop instance ID: 1563 LINE NO: 6:At script check_creating_ladder_dust_effect."
"At mission object spr_siege_ladder_move_6m trigger no: 2."
and many similiar texts

What I'm doing wrong?

I had one final issue at the end of the maps I designed. The spawns did not work properly. Sometimes the enemy would spawn inside.

Hi Annynduir
I have a problem,
I made a mod, but fixing a bug, I removed several things scene_prop module and now I can see the flag of siege.
I put the entry point with the number 66, but only see the mast, with a question mark.
which would be the model or the code in prop scenes, involving this action?
if you can help me, would be great.
thanks in advance

Thought I'd check back here, first time in a long time.  I'll answer the questions above just in case people are still needing to know.

bajatmerc - that question is answered here.  I also had this problem.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113298.0.html

mauromagno, I think your question is answered in this tutorial.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.15.html

To some of the other guys, I wrote this tutorial years ago, things may have changed since then but the basics are pretty much the same.

mauromagno said:
mauromagno, I think your question is answered in this tutorial.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.15.html

To some of the other guys, I wrote this tutorial years ago, things may have changed since then but the basics are pretty much the same.

Thank you anyway, but I solved the problem, starting from 0  :grin:

Well glad you found an answer mauro.  Very sorry I didn't answer sooner, I've been abroad.

Back
Top Bottom