OSP Medieval 2D Art Crusader Banners for Warband! Use as you wish. (Now with Saracen Banners)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anardion

Recruit
Greetings.
I humbly present my first release of anything on this forum. I'm a huge fan of crusaders, and after going through different movies and doing some research, I've made 20 Crusader banners that you can either use for your modules (though I want credit for the banners) or for your own personal use in Singleplayer. They are in BMP format, and can be added to your .dds files by using a program like Paint.net

UPDATE 08.01.11: Added three new Crusader Banners (Order of St. Lazarus, Red Maltese and Sovereign Military Order of Malta) and five new Saracen Banners (Abbasid, Almohad, Ayyubid, Fatimid and Marinid)

UPDATE 24.03.11: Added two new banners for the Knights Templars, using the Hospitaller and Hospitaller Cross banners I previously made, and then changing the background to white, and crosses to red.

Unfortunately I haven't uploaded any pictures of the new banners yet, you may do so if you wish.

The banners:
BannersCollected1.jpg

I've made the banners for following factions:
Armenia: 1 banner
Byzantine Empire: 2 banners
Castile: 1 banner
Holy Roman Empire: 1 banner
Knights Hospitallers: 3 banners
Ibelin: 1 banner
Kingdom of Jerusalem: 2 banners
Knights Templars: 5 banners
Lower Lorraine: 1 banner
Order of Christ: 1 banner
Teutonic knights: 3 banners
Toulouse: 1 banner
Order of St. Lazarus: 1 banner
Malta: 2 banners
Saracen: 5 banners

Download Link:

They are all in good, high resolution so it'll look good in the game,
and almost all of the banners are tested in game so they'll look as realistic to the real thing as possible.
If you have any suggestion for new banners, or any improvements to the old banners, please do share.
I might make more banners in the future, if I have some spare time.
Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to leave comments. Always good to know what to improve for next time, or new suggestions for new banners.

Oooh coolies, these are great (I especially like the first and fourteenth one...) although eye wateringly bright on my LCD monitor. Maybe make then less bright in future versions?

Hi! These banners look awesome, but I'm not too sure on how to get them in my game. Could somebody tell me how? I'm new at all of this stuff, so sorry.

Nice work Anardion :smile: If someone can incorporate into say the Better Banner mod by MarkQuinn, to put all the fan made banners into one place?

very nice ^^! If the banner had a skull and two sword, it would be better! ( like "pirates of the caribbean" ) ^^!

awesome look to the banners but like guy said above can u explain real quick how to switch them over to dds and add them to the game?

Yup, they all are great! And the idea of saracens banners? Reeeeaaaally CooL!:smile: But...em...right, how can I use them?Plz some instructions.(I've already make them all .dds What next?)

To use it, just download it and copy the textures into your Mount&Blade Warband\Textures and overwrite the existing ones. (i would make a back up of these first)

And also, the Templar banner is the white with a red cross.  Now, i am not denying that there might be other banners the Templars used, but that is one they used, and it is in the pack.

Garnier de Nablus said:
would you mind if i used your Knights Hospitaller banner for my clan? i have no talent so i cant make one myself  :roll:
You are free to use it for your clan, as long as I am given credit if anyone asks who made it :smile:

Nice work, Anardion. Thanks for sharing with the community. Keep us posted for more!

How long did it take you to make this pack? (estimated)

There are no files in "Mount&Blade Warband\Textures" called "KnightsTemplars2.dds" or similar for the files to overwrite. Could somebody please explain what exactly is it I'm supposed to do?

Back
Top Bottom