[S] Terra Aeterna for Warband 1.134 (BETA 0.50) ~~NEW~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Alexandru_cel_Mare

Sergeant at Arms
FOREWORD

My friends, due to time limitations, at a certain moment, i wanted to quit working on this mod. A month ago i was thinking of abandoning it entirely... . But then i came across this thread, and i had seen those who supported me, and then i said that i must go on.

To them, to all those who supported me and helped me with advices and testing i dedicate this mod:

Gulchatay
Count_Delran
Soulshard
Redeclipse

and to all those others who stayed and kept this thread alive !

DOWNLOAD

Repository link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2730

IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE "BANK MENU", YOU SHOULD NECESARILY DOWNLOAD THIS HOTFIX: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2831

DESCRIPTION AND FEATURES

This is version 0.50 of my mod, Terra Aeterna. It is a light fantasy mod, featuring numerous new factions, armours, troops, NPC`s, etc, changing in many ways the world of Calradia. The mod is a long time project, designed at creating a total conversions. It is based on a fantasy book i am sometimes writing at it, but it is not an exact copy.

For the current moment, this mod it is made and worked only by me, and that is why progress is extremely slow.... Things would have went much better if there would have been some help in modding. and if it would not have been the real life issues.

I have included in the current download the module source, also. If anybody is willing to help to improve this mod. Also, if one wants to add or remove features, or to customize the mod in any way, it is free to do so.

Help would be more than welcome....

FACTIONS:

- Swadian Kingdom
- Vaegir Tsardom
- Khergit Khanate
- Nordic Monarchy
- Rhodok Confederacy
- Sarranid Sultanate
- Vlahata Voivodate
- Queendom of Amazonia
- Empire of Arzawa
- Khanate of Makaristan
- Dukedome of Alderria (as of 0.50)
- Rhajat of Sindara (as of 0.50)
- Khazara Hetmanate (as of 0.50)
- Longinault Knightly Order (as of 0.50)

There are many new bandits, NPC`s, new items, new books, new features, new sounds, new music, and an entire new and diverse world for you to discover.

WARNING ! THIS VERSION IS STILL A BETA. THE GAME IS STABLE AND SHOULD WORK WITHOUT PROBLEMS, HOWEVER THERE MIGHT BE CERTAIN ISSUES AND BUGS. HERE IS A LIST OF A FEW BUGS I ALREADY KNOW. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Characters and Locations menu in Notes section cannot be properly used.
- Elephant riding is glitched. I do not recommend riding elephant until the issue with it will be solved. Still, you can use elephants in battle.
- A few villages might have glitched scenes.
- Multiplayer is not fully functional YET....
- The Sacred Locations on the map are not fully functional. You can go and visit them for scenery purpose (to exit from the scene, press the TAB key). You will see beautiful new scenes :smile:. Do not engage in dialogue with Arzawan priest at the Pyramid of Ur, the dialogue is not yet finished and it will cause trouble !!
- Some NPC do not have all the dialogue working and have some placeholder speech.
- I am not a native english speaker, and there are plenty of spelling errors.

Otherwise, everything should be OK :smile:. Nothing gamebraking as farr as i tested it !!

GAME PLAY RECOMMENDATIONS:
- VERY IMPORTANT : Use the camp menu to set out mod Preferences regarding battle. My recommendation is to turn on spear bracing, and keep turned off the AI Formations.
-  The map is twice as large as native map. There are alot of new parties, scenes, castles. Game memory will become more loaded, chances of RGL error will become greater. Play the mod for no more than 2 hours in a row, then exit and reload if needed.
- You might play Direct X7 if graphics are not an issue for you.
- Vista is problematic, play in compatibility mod for XP to avoid any further problems.
- I succesfully use the option "Load texture on demand" and it greatly increased my performance and reduced RGL crashes. If having such problem, you may use that option.

THE HISTORY OF THE LANDS,
fragments from the chronicle of wiseman Leonard of Uxhall

"Of the old times, when the world came into beeing, very little is known. In the old books and writings of the Sarranids scholars of Ahmerrad it is said that in the begining the people where more akin to beasts, and only when the angels came down and gave souls did civilisation started to rise. Of course, this story is just one of many - but i, for one, do not doubt the wisdom of these scholars. "

"The oldest people in the land where the Arzawan, the first to rise and build cityes in the plains of Najarra River. They invented writing, and created and empire stretching farr and wide. Back in those ancient times, over 6000 years ago, the other nations of these lands lived in misery, organised in tribes and unions of tribes who often waged war one on another. The Arzawan empire lasted, as the old chronicles said, for about 2000 years, until it collapsed when the Men of the South known under the name of Nabathun, invaded across the Kharan Mountains and laid waste to the great cityes of Tanis and Sais. The devastation was great, and the Arzawans never recovered their former glory..."

"On the southern plains, near the Akana Bay, lived the warrior tribes of the Yalleni, Velluci, Jelkali and Calradi. The most warlike of them where the Calradi, who around the year 2100 before the birth of prophet Kesarion (may his name be blessed by all faithfull !), founded a kingdom under the leadership of a brave man named Marius. Over the course of years, the once small Calradian kingdom expanded, trough warfare and diplomacy over the other kingdoms."

"In the year 1547 BK, the Calradian king Ianus I, completely subdued the Swadian tribes, who lived to the north. Great battles have been fought, and only trough threachery did the Swadian fort of Uxall (today known as Uxhall) fell into the hand of the Calradii..."

"Between 1320 - 1240 BK, the Calradian kingdom fought an almost endless war against the Vlahata, the shephards of the mountains, as they were often called. They defended their ancestrall lands with great vigour, however this did not stop the Calradian Legionaires to conquer their capital Argesidava (today known as Argesh) and desecrate the local temples".

"In the year 891 BK, the Calradian king Augustus Maximus proclaimed himself as emperor, and moved the capital of the empire to the city of Zendar. Of great beauty was the city of Zendar..."

"Around the years 654-568 BK, a series of wars have been fought against the northern tribes known as the Vaegirs. The Calradian army was unable to defeat them, as its Legionaires where unused to the harsh northern climate. Howewer, in the end the Vaegir nobles betrayed the old tsar Vasily and joined the Imperial Army, as gold was, and still is, poison to the hearts of man. Unable to escape humiliation and capture in the subsequent battles, Vasily commited suicide on the altar of Vukar, the Vaegir god of war..."

"In the entire 4th and 3rd centuries BK, the Imperial Navy raided the western shores of the Akana Bay for male slaves. The lands to the west of the Akana Bay, on the delta and valley of the Lokhara River where populated by primitive but rather peacefull tribes who suffered greatly during these raids. It has been said, by lather chronicles and travellers who studied the songs of the Amazons of today, that in those times of sorrow man became like woman and woman became like man."

"During 189-170 BK, there was a great rebellion in the Empire, as most of the subjected people rebelled. Further more, a host of army from the steppes of Makaristan descended upon the eastern borders of the Empire, ravaging many cities. The young emperor Marcus was still a boy, no older than 16 years old, and he was deposed by general Aurelianus who attempted to use this crisis to put his hands on power. So the young Marcus fled into the southern deserts to seek asylum whith a small company of followers, but not knowing the paths of the desert, he got lost. Lucky for him, a local bedouin chieftain named Muktar, of the tribe of Sarrani, found them in time and offered them shelter and refuge in his camp. There, the young Marcus became charmed by the daughter of Muktar, Soraya, and the two became enloved. Muktar did not objected to the marriage, as he saw this as a great politicall oportunity. He gave permission to Marcus to marry his daughter, and even promised him military help if he would ever want to return and reclaim his lost Empire. And so, after a few years, with a large army recruited out of the desert, he reclaimed the throne, and he became again Emperor. Marcus lived happily forever with Soraya as the ballads say to this day, but what the ballads does not say is that the naive and romantic Marcus was only emperor in name, the true leader of Calradia was Muktar."

"Between 170 - 81 BK the succsesors of Marcus and Soraya ruled the Empire. It was a time of peace and prosperity, but also, of great corruption, as the Sarranids who took power in the Empire where not at all great administratiors. Of this, even their scholars agree !"

"In the year 81 BK, a military leader from the tribe of Velluci, Marno, overthrow the Sarranid Dinasty and took power into his hands."

"The great prophet, Kesarion Breb, was born in a village in the lands of the Vlahata. He was a man inspired by God, a man who preached to the people and performed great miracles. Many have listened to him, entire cities converted especially in the lands of Swadia and Vlahata, but other rejected his message, as the old Holy Books tells us. The Emperor however did not cared about him, in the great cities of the Empire the people whorshiped the Ancient Gods"

"Between 65 AK - 123 AK, a Vaegir Dinasty ruled, as in 64 AK a general of Vaegir descendance, Vladimir, overthrow the rulling dinasty and became emperor of Calradia. In this times, great wars where fought against the Khans of Makaristan, and eventually all but one subdued to the Empire."

"123 AK - 156 AK, a mixed Swadian - Vlahatan dinasty ruled the Empire. There where 12 emperors whith short reigns. They reigned little, as they attempted to forcibly convert the Empire to the teachings of the Prophet, and the Calradian Nobility, still loyal to the Ancient Gods, found a way to kill them, one after another. Little things of use have been done during these times, except for the fact that some Arzawan city states where brought into submission"

"156 - 456 AK, during these years a Calradian Dinasty reigned, it was a turbulent time, of religious warfare and persecution. Around 440 AK, the Swadians and Vlahatans where almost independet of the old Empire, who started to slowly crumble, and lost control over the lands of Vaegirs and Arzawans. To make things even worse, the tribes to the west of Akana Bay, the Amazons of today, destroyed all the Imperial outposts in those areas, stopping the necesary supply of slaves."

"In the year 487 AK was the Battle of the river Denar, the Swadian king Roderick helped by the Vlahatan voevod Vlaicu, defeated the army of the Empire. The decisive charge of the battle, it is said, was conducted by Esmirelda, the daughter of Roderick, who with her Swadian Knights smashed her way trough the ranks of the Legionaires."

"568 AK, the Empire collapsed, as the capital of Zendar was conquered by an allied army of Swadians, Vlahatans and Vaegirs. The city was rased to the ground and the last emperor, Marcus, was killed in battle. Luckily, a number of Saranid caravans managed to smuggle out during the siege most of the scrolls and books of the Zendarian libraryes, so the wisdom of the ages was not lost".

"666 Ak, this was called the Year of the Beast. Called by a strange wind, man of evil gathered in large numbers and started to preach a holy war in the name of the One whose name i shall not mention. They fought as knights, man dressed in black, they knew no honour and no mercy, as they razed and burned to the ground village after village. The holy man, servants of the true God, managed to gather a Crusading army, and under the leadership of the Swadian king Ulrick the Second, managed to defeat these evil man. Some of them attempted to take refuge in the lands of the Amazons, only to meet their end there. May the names of these Black Nights be forever cursed !

"681- 724 AK, these were again dark time for Swadia and the Vaegirs alike, as man from across the sea, known as the Nords, came and landed in great numbers in the western lands of Calradia. The Nords came from a distant island, it was said, and where in search of new lands. Great battles ensued as these Nords tried to forge a kingdom in these lands: they first attacked the lands of the Vaegirs, but where repulsed after heavy battles by Tsar Oleg. Later, they attempted to attack the land of the Amazons, only to be soundly defeated. Of this defeat, the Nordic chronicles of today rarely speak, as for them it was the greatest shame to be beaten by an army of woman. (...) Eventually, a peace treaty was forged with the Vaegirs, who gave willingly their scarcely inhabited southern lands to the Nords."

"889 AK, from the farr east, a nation of warriors named the Khergits came into these lands, spreading terror into the lands of Makaristan. The Khans of the Makaris where defeated, and their capitals of Angara and Abakli-Tama where rased to the ground by these foreign and savage invaders"

"891 AK, a combined Swadian - Vlahatan attack against the Khergits faills utterly, and in response, the Khergit Khan Bagudai launches a major invasion aimed to conquer all the lands to the western Sea. "

"894- 896 AK, these where some of the hardest times ever known in history, as the armies of the Khan sweped across the land, destroying many towns and cityes. In 896 AK, with the exceptions of the Amazonian lands who where too distand and dangerous to be attacked and the Vaegir tundra, all of the other nation where under the rule of the Khanate. But little did Bagudai knew, that out of the Vaegir tundra will came the man to challange and defeat him"

"Of the beginings of Boris, little is said in the Vaegir chronicles. But for certainly, he was a man of great strenght and great inteligence. He had a love of freedom beyond everything else, and he became loved by man of all nations for his chivalry, that is why so many joined his army when he called the people to make war against the Khan. In 894 AK, at the Battle of the Vorska Forest, the Vaegirs, altough outnumbered, managed to outmaneuver and defeat the huge Khergit army. Bagudai himself was found dead in the aftermath, and his great empire fell soon afterwards".

1167 AK The Yalleny, the Velluci and the Jelkali tribes where for centuries under the rule of the Swadian King, and paid taxes to the king in Praven. But as years passed, the yoke became unbearable. I, as a Swadian, have to admit that we have done many injustices to those people, even if we take into account the fact that they where pagan and alien to us. So, in 1167, these tribes united under a man named Grimaldo, and eliminated one by one the Swadian garrisons of the land. They achieved this farly easyly, because to their help came foreigners from across the sea, who strangely, spoke a language related to those of these tribes. Together, under this Grimaldo and under Antos of Geroia, they formed the Rhodok Confederacy, the name "Rhodok" meaning "unity" in the language of the Velluci.

1167 - 1198 AK, was the Great Rhodok War. The Rhodoks managed to defeat the Swadians early on, and expanded even further into the Sarranid lands. With the use of gunpowder, imported from Geroia, they defeated their enemyes one after another. At the battle of Weyyah, a Sarranid army of 5000 mamelukes was routed by a handfull of Geroian Musketeers, as the Sarranid horses where unacostumed to the terrifying sound of this new weapon.But the tide of the war turned soon, as the foolish Antos strived to expand his reign into the lands of the Amazons. He gathered a huge fleet and sailed across the Akana Bay with over 40 000 man, and he managed to defeat quikly the rather disorganised tribes, altough in many cases some fortresses and villages managed to resist. The Amazons would have probably been defeated, if not for the wisedom of Anahe, one of their wisewoman, who envisioned an alliance between all the tribes of the land. Proud and strong, she brought the tribal leaders under her rule, and even more, hired military help from Swadia and some scholars from the lands of the Vaegirs. In a few months, a united army was created and an Amazonian queendom was proclaimed, and in the great battle of Mauna, the army of Antos was defeated. It has been said by some Vlahatan traders who assisted the battle that Antos himself would have been killed together with his entire guard by Anahe alone, but i dismiss this as a legend, created by Vlahatans mainly to mock the Rhodoks. After the death of Antos, the power of the Rhodoks vained, and they where forced to sign a peace treaty with all neighbours, while keeping a good portion of the lands they conquered during the rebellion."

"The present days did not bring great wars, but neither great hopes of peace. In recent years, there has been an increase in banditry, especially in the Vlahatan lands, where the Lotri are creating havoc on trade routes. Discouraging news cames from the east, too... new raiders, strange to these lands, settled on the Ultaan steppes, harrasing travellers. To the south, the Nabathun, after hundreds of years, reappeared in great numbers, wracking havoc in the lands of the Arzawans and marching as farr north as the outskirts of Jelkala. There are rumours of wars circulating everywhere..."

CREDITS:

Kavien, for making Custom_Mod. This triggered in me the passion for moding.
Alan Q Smithee, for permission to use two superb female armours
Thufir and the Rise of Nationalism team, for some outfits and armors
Thel, for the excelent facepack
-IYI-O-R-T for the camel and some wise advices
Dariell for making IndoIranian Armor and Shield OSP pack
DTHun for making OSP Surrealarms Mod Pack (Koszonyuk szepen ezert!)
Amade for Bronze Warrior item pack
MarkQuinn, for excelent Better Banners mod
Maw, for OSP armours and horses
Archer, for excelent Bridge Battles and Battle Advantage
Jinnay, for great Sparring matches
Jik, module sistem documentation
Scicon, FDS Store
Subotai and Kolba, nice female armours
Thorgrim, for Map Editor
Mitarini, for BRf Editor
Waihti , for Diplomacy Mod
Zparsifal ,for his combination mod, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162267.0.html, which i highly recommand to use in any mod.
Garnier, for Bank of Calradia
Caba`Drin for Pre-Battle orders and deployment: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142816.0.html
Narf for his great armour packs.
Spak, for his great armour packs.
Nema, for useful advice and some armours
Alex Dragon for Elephant Model
Clau24 Map and some help.
Throngar , female armours
Jedediah new interface
Adorno , new scenes, arenas and castles
Yamabushi highlander armour
For all those on the Forge who helped with advices in criticall moments...

If i forgot somebody, please excuse me. It was unintentional.

RESERVED FOR IMPORTANT STUFF

19 september2010: There are already 4 new companions. Dukedom of Alderria is fully functional as a faction.
20 september 2010: Motomataru`s formation mod is in. Hunting mod coming next.
21 september 2010: Work has started on new scenes. Amazon cityes will have new scenes. Later we move to Arzawan cityes and unique religious and spiritual places of the land.  :smile:

New version will take longer to came out, but it will be beautifull. My ambition is to make it the most beautifull mod regarding scenery.  :smile:

Here are some screens, but remember something very important,
THEY ARE ALL IN DIRECT X 7 WHITH LOW OPTIONS

Amazon Warriors

Some Vlahata Infantry

Arzawa troops celebrating

About camels, there are about 4 camel units in game so farr, one mercenary.

Nice models...downloading now.Butaway i am currently working on an Age of Empires mod,and i need camel texture as a mount,can i use yours?

Camel model was made by -IYI-O-R-T
You need to speak whith him to have permission to use it.
He also made a donkey model, i have not yet inserted it.

Most of what is in my mod in terms of armours and weapons is OSP.

Tuckles said:
Can't find a single musket.

What troop(s)/faction(s) use(s) the musket?

If you want musket, you hire Marnid, Borcha or Ymira and take their weapons ! :grin:

But be warned, it is a strong weapon, and the missile trajectory is preety straight. I often accidentaly killed some of my man at close range because of this.

Umm.. Is it a kind of fantasy mod? o_O

Yes, it is a fantasy mod.
More will be added in this after i finish the University in summer, as i plan to make it a large modification.

foarte fain .. as fii interesat sa te ajut
verry nice i might be interested to help you with this mod im just at the begining in modding but i learned a loot in short time and i surely learn more in future...maibe we can talk over pm more about it

I'll give this a try when I get home, but I would like to do some modeling for it, looks like fun.

I've done some weapon and armour modeling and texturing for a game I'm working on in Uni, I'll be able to get started on this next week. I could also do some artwork for the loading screens, as well :smile:

Great MOD, I look forward to future versions....

Musket is good fun, I did not seem to be able to penetrate shields too well with it, but then again my firearm skill was like only 20 or something, I just expected it would cut through shields like butter.

Some cool new weapons & the ability to dress Ymira in Amazon armor is awesome.... I actually tried to fight an Amazon army of 56 at like lvl6 with a mixed bag of about 35 Khergits & got absolutely massacred haha...

Running on Dx9 with settings full looked pretty good, camel model is pretty  cool...

Keep up the good work  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom