SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

nice so are the swords only for lords? or can you get them also maybe in a quest you find a valyrian steel sword and you get to name it would that work

Rhaegar said:
Comrade Lenin said:
Rhaegar said:
Most of the Lords, including Kings and Ladies are done but 7 or so, been working on this for 5 hours straight today and 3 yesterday. Also added unique type items like: Dawn, Celtigar's Axe, Widow's Wail, Oathkeeper, Heartsbane, Areo Hotah's Wife, Robert's Warhammer and more...

Which of these items will be available to the player?
Unique weapons most probably, Lords armor will not unless we change our minds.

shirairyu said:
can u give me references i can do other models ?
Winter is coming Ice, Sword of Eddard Stark
http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/images/uploads/sword-on-plaque.jpg

Problem is, Ice is already forged into Widows Wail and Oathkeeper, you are welcome to do other models if you fancy though.

Rhaegar said:
So well, they could be changed to any of the 4 options below, what do you people think? choose a pair to see what swords are more popular.

Blackfyre - The ancestral sword of House Targaryen. Last known to be wielded by Bittersteel, one of Aegon IV's Great Bastards, after the death of Daemon Blackfyre and his sons on the Redgrass Fields. Whereabouts unknown since his death in the Blackfyre Rebellion, although his half-brother Bittersteel took up the sword on the battlefield and may have carried it off into exile.

Dark Sister - Another sword of House Targaryen, first mentioned in "The Sworn Sword". Wielded by the likes of Prince Aemon the Dragonknight and Lord Bloodraven, one of Aegon the Unworthy's bastards. Whereabouts unknown.

Lady Forlorn - First mentioned in "The Sworn Sword", it is the ancestral sword of House Corbray.

Red Rain - First mentioned in "The Arms of the Kraken", it is the ancestral sword of House Drumm. An ancestor, Hilmar the Cunning, "had won the blade from a armored knight with wits and a wooden cudgel."
the two from house targaryen so maybe you can buy them for your character

It would be nice, if there was a quest in which you could get your own Valyrian sword (maybe a King gives you this quest when you have high enough standing with his faction)

TheStag said:
It would be nice, if there was a quest in which you could get your own Valyrian sword (maybe a King gives you this quest when you have high enough standing with his faction)

i said that up there^

Rhaegar said:
Most of the Lords, including Kings and Ladies are done but 7 or so, been working on this for 5 hours straight today and 3 yesterday. Also added unique type items like: Dawn, Celtigar's Axe, Widow's Wail, Oathkeeper, Heartsbane, Areo Hotah's Wife, Robert's Warhammer and more...

Amazing, may I ask though, it seems to me from various responses that this mod is nearly complete. Are all of the main features planned for this mod done? If I'm not wrong, you only have to finish some family trees and lords, am I rite? When can we expect it to be available for download, and is it going to be polished landscapes compatible, I personally cannot play without that mod anymore, and graphics never bothered me in a game before :eek:

No pressure, I know patience is a virtue, I just know too little of the mod and it's progress and would like to know more :wink:

I'd also like to help out with something like this, but yeah, no modding skills :/

EDIT: I'm also very interested in what will the mod's main point be. classic m&B sandbox or will there be a story, or some goal at all. Whatever the case I can't wait :wink:

YourStepDad said:
Rhaegar said:

Amazing, may I ask though, it seems to me from various responses that this mod is nearly complete. Are all of the main features planned for this mod done? If I'm not wrong, you only have to finish some family trees and lords, am I rite? When can we expect it to be available for download?

No pressure, I know patience is a virtue, I just know too little of the mod and it's progress and would like to know more :wink:

I'd also like to help out with something like this, but yeah, no modding skills :/

Honestly, we can say  that this mod is nearly complete, and  again i want to say that maybe it will never be.
no modding skills?? that's no really an excuse, better to say, no time /not want to learn.

Heey, I never said I'm not willing to learn how, In fact, I want to learn. I was never before interested in modding whatsoever, but M&B got me highly interested. I can see how relatively easily the game can be completely overhauled and packed with tons of features, since it has no persistent world. (or however you call it, you know what I mean)

Anyway I have time at the moment, I'm willing to give it a try, I just need somewhere to get started. Will look up some basic modding tutorials later.

Some questions,if it dosen't bother you:
Celtigar's Axe is lost,how are we supposed to find it?
Who will wield Robert's Warhammer?
Where is Evenstar,the sword of House Tarth(If u have any doubts,I remember on book 3 the mention of a valyrian sword called Evenstar,and at book 4,Brienne calls her father The Evenstar when she remembers her first dance with Renly)?
Are we going to get random Valyrian weapons(I remember at book three saying that there were nearly a thousand valyrian weapons in Westeros and even more in Essos.We might have acess to 5 weapons:Valyrian Dagger,Valyrian Shortsword,Valyrian Longsword,Valyrian Bastard Sword and Valyrian Greatsword,which,are very rare to find)?

Special weapon are not my job, but after a quick search on 2 wiki , i do not found a sword called Evenstar, but i can be wrong, if u found something about it tell me.
Celtigar's Axe and Robert hammer are not my choice, Rhaegar must find a way to include this.

Yes we will have access to  Valyrian steel blade, but no Dagger. Only sword (all kind) , if u had some good model , and an idea about the damage power, i am open.

Evenstar is the title given to lord Selwyn(Book 4 Brienne first chapter),but at book 3 there is a single mention of a sword with its name.
Here:http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/28759-a-list-of-valyrian-steel-swords-and-their-ownerswhereabouts/
It says the same.
Standard Valyrian Longsword with Dragonbone Hilt(I can change it to brass if you want).
2882pe8.jpg

It's says Unknown/Theoretical swords so......For me and my source( French wiki , and http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page and http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Which_are_the_known_Valyrian_steel_swords/)  Evenstar is just the name of Selwyn.
I like ur model . Do u made it yourslef, or osp?

there is some fan art that shows valyrian steel as a very blackened one, and maybe  one or two book descriptions... (wasn't ice -eddard one- grey-ish/dark ?)

but it should look like this (blade, not handle!)
sword.JPG

Firstly, fanart is uncanon. Secondly, dark steel is fine (really cool actually), but that looks like asphalt. Nothing personal, creator.

Back
Top Bottom