SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Yey  :grin: I can use every item i want now  :razz: I'll send you tonight the last clean scene (PL and without PL)

beuse said:
thanks i'm gonna take a look at this, and i'll send you a link with corrected scene to test again

EDIT : ok so i identified the real problem, your scene_props.txt files are not up to date.
I tried again to download and check with latest version from http://www.taleworlds.com/ => downloads, and the scene_props.txt is the same as mine. If you wanna verify, you should have the number 1026 as the second line of the .txt file when you edit it, nothing less.

Here is the original if you wanna make a backup of your old one and overwrite with this : http://rapidshare.com/files/431301793/scene_props.txt

Hope it fixes it this time !!
If this causes another error while loading screen, it's probably better to download from official site and install last version 1.132 completly (the 580 Mb file).

Ok, i'll overwrite with this one tonight and test it.

EDIT : Ok, i found the little problem i was having... I installed the castle in the mod i'm playing in : "Age of change" and the version of that mod is 955 not 1026 and when i try to put a new scene... in it the mod doesn't work so i'm gonna try on Native version.

EDIT 2 : I tried with native and no problem, the castle is really beautiful and no pink "?" ! :

mb1vs.jpg

:mrgreen:  :!: Ok i'll send the last scene to Hurleur then. Let's move on now !!

Btw maybe we should try to make an unique scene to be correctly displayed with or without Polished Landscapes. This way we would have only one set of scenes instead of 2. What do you think Lenin ?

beuse said:
:mrgreen:  :!: Ok i'll send the last scene to Hurleur then. Let's move on now !!

Btw maybe we should try to make an unique scene to be correctly displayed with or without Polished Landscapes. This way we would have only one set of scenes instead of 2. What do you think Lenin ?

Definitely should be done if possible :smile:

Well as my only example (the Eryies scene), the PL textures have only modified trees in a big proportion. So i just moved some trees, changed some positioning a bit and nothing more. Perhaps i was lucky since you had bigger problems with this.

Maybe another way is to create the scene with PL installed, and then try it without.

EDIT : ok here's the final scene for both native and PL textures : http://www.woofiles.com/dl-212548-DwqahMtg-scncastle12exterior.sco

First set of banners done.  I didn't change the Florent or Merryweather ones but the rest have been updated.

Get the file at http://www.dukayn.net/download/std_banners_a.dds

You'll notice I changed the rose for the Tyrells - this is the rose as used in the Fantasy Flight Game of Thrones board game and I quite like it compared to the standard heraldic rose, however if you really want the standard rose let me know and I'll change it back.  Same goes for the dual-rose banner for Garlan Tyrell at the bottom row there, and the black roses in the Costayne banner.

Dukayn said:
First set of banners done.  I didn't change the Florent or Merryweather ones but the rest have been updated.

Get the file at http://www.dukayn.net/download/std_banners_a.dds

You'll notice I changed the rose for the Tyrells - this is the rose as used in the Fantasy Flight Game of Thrones board game and I quite like it compared to the standard heraldic rose, however if you really want the standard rose let me know and I'll change it back.  Same goes for the dual-rose banner for Garlan Tyrell at the bottom row there, and the black roses in the Costayne banner.

When I click on the link, a massive amount of unreadable text appears  :???:

Right-click and save as.  You will need Paint.NET to view the images.  Or if you like I could convert it to JPG so you can see them in any software.

I like what I see :razz:. The rose looks great on the Costayne banner, but I'm thinking we should stick to the old rose for the Tyrells as Hurleur already did some armor retextures with it.

Also, which house in Westeros uses the fleur-de-lis as a sybmol (just curious :smile:?

No probs, easy to change so I'll do that shortly.

That banner I left alone as it was one of the stock ones; I can easily change it to a Westerosi house banner.

I tried importing this .dds file into my Warband Native and noticed that the banners are a lot smaller than the standard Warband ones.  Is this an actual issue or should it be rectified in the actual mod?  (I tried loading the mod itself but it wouldn't load - is it 1.132 compatible?)

Very nice banners ! Great work ! Also is there gonna be a "pure" lannister banner too aside from these ? Just asking since i don't see it here.

Dukayn said:
No probs, easy to change so I'll do that shortly.

That banner I left alone as it was one of the stock ones; I can easily change it to a Westerosi house banner.

I tried importing this .dds file into my Warband Native and noticed that the banners are a lot smaller than the standard Warband ones.  Is this an actual issue or should it be rectified in the actual mod?  (I tried loading the mod itself but it wouldn't load - is it 1.132 compatible?)

It won't load? Which message do you get when it kicks you out of the loading screen?

beuse said:
Very nice banners ! Great work ! Also is there gonna be a "pure" lannister banner too aside from these ? Just asking since i don't see it here.
I would like to put one in there but so far have been concentrating on recreating the ones already done in the mod.

The crash is: get_object failed for body: bo_bushes07_a

I fixed that crash by copy-pasting all load_resource lines from the Native module.ini to the one in ASOIAF (my crash was getobject_failed for body bo_winery_interior something).

OK thanks I'll give it a go and see what happens.

EDIT: No change, so I searched my whole Warband folders' file contents for the word 'bushes'.  Found bushes07_a in flora_kinds.txt - I had been trying previously to import PL into Native so this wasn't the default.  Renamed the default backup I had and it loads OK.

EDIT2: Yep, working fine now.  Mod is coming along well.  I did notice my updated banners weren't in there however.

Dukayn said:
OK thanks I'll give it a go and see what happens.

EDIT: No change, so I searched my whole Warband folders' file contents for the word 'bushes'.  Found bushes07_a in flora_kinds.txt - I had been trying previously to import PL into Native so this wasn't the default.  Renamed the default backup I had and it loads OK.

EDIT2: Yep, working fine now.  Mod is coming along well.  I did notice my updated banners weren't in there however.

Once you finish all of the banners, we'll send them to Hurleur, and he'll merge them into the module.

Done with the Dornish troop trees. I didnt make any of my own items seeing as theirs matched so well with the Sarranids. Who (and how) should I send the troop tree to?
It might be a little imbalanced seeing as I haven't been able to test them at all but that can be easily edited later on if required.

Mr.Fresh said:
Done with the Dornish troop trees. I didnt make any of my own items seeing as theirs matched so well with the Sarranids. Who (and how) should I send the troop tree to?
It might be a little imbalanced seeing as I haven't been able to test them at all but that can be easily edited later on if required.

Send it to Hurleur, he is the one that actually has enough modding skill to merge our works into one :razz:
I don't exactly know how, the troops.txt file would seem like a logical choice.

Back
Top Bottom