SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

1) Valyrian Steel doesn't rust
2) And AFAIK it has a dark color. In the series, Ice has a very dark shade of steel to it.

I like u guys, when i post a question about Lords , troops, hero gear , no one answer, but when i say to Thane that i love his sword , i've got 1 page about the texture colour of Valyrian steel, very contructive.......

im reading the books now and it says ice is grey and when the sun hits it, it looks like there are ripples on the metal so i think thats about right and i have an idea im going to post this in lots of mod threads because ive never seen this before and i think it would be awesome but what about the tournaments but with jousting.
you basically get a big run up to couch your lance and every time to you reach the end of the (whatever its called) it goes to a points board and says you have broken (insert number/insert number of tries you get) then the same for your opponent. im not sure if this is do-able but could you make it so your enemy always rides straight so he doesnt go all retarded into the barrier i think it would be good but if there is already a jousting mod please link it to me :grin:

p.s i have no modding experience what so ever so i cant do this if i did know how i would but i dont so i cant :sad:

Hopefully this will be some good stuff. I'd be happy to help in whatever small way I can to get it done. So if there's anything I might be able to do, please let me know. I've extensive knowledge of the books, and some minor skills in modding, though nothing too useful in that regard.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Don't you know to read:grin:RAGONBONE HILT It's DRAGONBONE,not STEEL or IRON or RUST!
And I'm not talking about the hilt, I'm talking about the blade. If you can't take constructive criticism, sir, go get stuffed.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Don't you know to read:grin:RAGONBONE HILT It's DRAGONBONE,not STEEL or IRON or RUST!

I figured it out! You're mixing up "hilt" with "blade". The hilt is the bit you hold it by. The blade is the bit you hit people with.

Well, unless you're this guy:

Wallerstein_219.jpg

And by the way, dragonbone is obsidian which, when shaped into a blade, might look a bit more like this:
JW-Obsidian-blade.jpg

I've always suspected that a lot of those manuals were written by armchair generals.

Or rather, literate people looking to make a buck, heavens knows not many a regular soldier would be capable of writing that...probably most noblemen would be incapable of it as well.

let's face it, writing was a clarks job.

El-Diablito said:
I've always suspected that a lot of those manuals were written by armchair generals.

Or rather, literate people looking to make a buck, heavens knows not many a regular soldier would be capable of writing that...probably most noblemen would be incapable of it as well.

let's face it, writing was a clarks job.

They wouldn't necesserily have written everything themselves, but it was based on the teachings of medieval fencing masters such as Johannes Liechtenauer.

Right. Because whenever I face an enemy clad in full plate, the first thing I think is: "Oh yeah! I'll totally hit him! With The HILT!"

/spam.

Back
Top Bottom