[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is no one else getting the error?

Edit: To fix the error, just copy ANY of the other Byrnie textures and rename it to have _g at the end. This will make the mod just load that texture instead of looking for the missing one.

Edit 2: Weird bug. The mod is installed correctly, but for some reason your new items... Overlap old items. For instance, my plate boots turn into a yellow surcoat. My Swadian Knights also wear two helmets when I put your items in. Luckily, it's easy to remove these items and thus fix the bug, but it's odd and, sadly, prevents me from using this mod at all.

I used Cassial's bypass. However, when in the game, i kept getting masses of red script notifying me that banner texts can't be displayed. All shields were thus see-through  :lol:.

Yea, when you use the bypass there are a bunch of odd graphics in the game. Like I said before, my boots turned into a surcoat and all my knights had two helmets on.

i can guarantee the following textures work;
great_helmet_newb
great_helemt_newc

brigandine_c
brigandine_d
brigandine_e
brigandine_f
brigandine_g

haven't tried any others, but i can assure the above ones work - although i installed them via creating my own items - i'll download again and install as instructed to see if there is error there "someone mentioned double helemts so maybe great helm is assigned 2 meshes, ill attempt to fix it and upload it.

there is one file that doesn't work which is byrine_g, rest are fine (just don't copy that into your item_kinds1.txt)
- also make sure when you add lines of code to your item_kinds1.txt you keep the format the same as the others.

looked into making heraldic plate armour as this is somthing i would like to see, and what i gather its done by creating a texture & a trigger, example with the heraldic surcoats they use:
Code:
-50.000000  3 2071 1 1224979098644774912 2072 1 1224979098644774913 1 4 936748722493063561 1729382256910270485 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913
adding that trigger to plate armour, applies the heraldic texture, but also chainmail - it doesn't fit properly, but i'm sure somone on these forums could tell you what to edit in that trigger to make it select a different texture.

ARMOUR SUGGESTIONS:
seeing as heraldic designs on plate are complex to add, what about engraving them similar to this (obvious not necessary to add a dragon)
exampleak.png

actually just had an idea on what would be nice to add, King Harlusus's emblem, the lion found on his banner - would it be possible to get that engraved on a plate chest & also similar to to the great helms you've already done could you apply some colour to the wing great helm either that or there is a fair bit of space on the forehead you could apply a matching emblem thats worn on the plate chest as well

I see the errors you are all recieving now. I will fix these by today and get out a full new download complete with a module already working with the items in game. This way you can plug in or pull out whatever items you wish, or just play the mod as is. Sorry about all this guys. Ill fix it ASAP.

Hey thick, like the armor!
I seem to be getting too many variation on mesh for the surcoat over mail, I'm wondering if its because it has a space in the models for surcoat over mail like surcoat_over_mail_new g ?

itm_surcoat_over_mail Surcoat_over_Mail Surcoat_over_Mail 1  surcoat_over_mail_new g  16842765 0 1720 704643236 22.000000 100 0 43 14 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Until a fix have been made:
To open brf files, download OpenBRF

Open openbrf.exe

File (upper left corner) -> Open...
Locate the resource folder, and open "thick_armors.brf"

There are 3 tabs on the left side.

In Mes, delete:
Byrnie_g_new
Byrnie_g_new.lod1
Byrnie_g_new.lod2
Byrnie_g_new.lod3

In Mat, delete:
Byrnie_g

In Tex. delete:
byrnie_g.dds

Now, open Item_kinds1.txt, and remove this Entry:
itm_byrnie Byrnie Byrnie 1  byrnie_g_new 0  16842765 0 795 704643236 17.000000 100 0 39 6 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

------------------------------

This should fix the error message.

I keep getting an "unexpected end of file while reading file: Modules\Litus\item_kinds1.txt" clearly i'm playing in Litus, so any suggestions?

i calculated it out to be 712, but then i started messing with it and couldn't get anywhere with it, maybe on the next update on litus i'll add it

I have a problem when I run te game says "Unable to open texture file Textures\byrnie_g.dds"
I search the file but I dondt found...
Please help me  :???: :???:

Klan250, I made a post about that specific problem a little further up...:

zaldir said:
Until a fix have been made:
To open brf files, download OpenBRF

Open openbrf.exe

File (upper left corner) -> Open...
Locate the resource folder, and open "thick_armors.brf"

There are 3 tabs on the left side.

In Mes, delete:
Byrnie_g_new
Byrnie_g_new.lod1
Byrnie_g_new.lod2
Byrnie_g_new.lod3

In Mat, delete:
Byrnie_g

In Tex. delete:
byrnie_g.dds

Now, open Item_kinds1.txt, and remove this Entry:
itm_byrnie Byrnie Byrnie 1  byrnie_g_new 0  16842765 0 795 704643236 17.000000 100 0 39 6 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

------------------------------

This should fix the error message.

Thanks I resolve the problem, but the texture changes are not applied on my actual savegame, the new textures are aplicated if I begin a new game ...
But thanks for the textures!

Back
Top Bottom