Module System Download

Users who are viewing this thread

Yoshiboy

Count
Hi,

Thought I would unify a few threads by putting both module system links in the same thread.

For the most recent versions of the Module Systems for all games/DLCs, click here.

Thanks - any questions or requests please post them here.

Just a thank you and well done from me really. The Forge is a much neater place to visit now.

Hmm, appears there is the same issue on the taleworlds main site. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Otherwise I might try upload a mirror for people.

1) New module system is already available on the download page.
2) I'm running old modules fine on the new version. Still, it's probably better to use the new module system because of its bugfixes.

Highlander said:
1) New module system is already available on the download page.
2) I'm running old modules fine on the new version. Still, it's probably better to use the new module system because of its bugfixes.

Yes,but for multiplayer, troops are have new armors etc...so,im going to download page! :grin:

Link, http://173.192.225.169/mb_warband_module_system_1123.zip

Could someone do a comparison of the new module system (especially header_operations.py!) and report what's new?

Some new header operations

multiplayer_find_spawn_point        = 425 # (multiplayer_find_spawn_point, <destination>, <team_no>, <examine_all_spawn_points>, <is_horseman>),
set_spawn_effector_scene_prop_kind  = 426 # (set_spawn_effector_scene_prop_kind <team_no> <scene_prop_kind_no>)
set_spawn_effector_scene_prop_id    = 427 # (set_spawn_effector_scene_prop_id <scene_prop_id>)

show_object_details_overlay              = 960 # (show_object_details_overlay, <value>), #0 = hide, 1 = show

agent_set_ammo                        = 1776  # (agent_set_ammo,<agent_id>,<item_id>,<value>), #value = a number between 0 and maximum ammo

prop_instance_dynamics_set_properties  = 1871 # (prop_instance_dynamics_set_properties,<scene_prop_id>,mass_friction),
prop_instance_dynamics_set_velocity    = 1872 # (prop_instance_dynamics_set_velocity,<scene_prop_id>,linear_velocity),
prop_instance_dynamics_set_omega      = 1873 # (prop_instance_dynamics_set_omega,<scene_prop_id>,angular_velocity),
prop_instance_dynamics_apply_impulse  = 1874 # (prop_instance_dynamics_apply_impulse,<scene_prop_id>,impulse_force),

mission_cam_set_animation              = 2019  # (mission_cam_set_animation, <anim_id>),

Not the time to check more until next week

ealabor said:
Any chance of official word on what's been revised?

Not official word, but here's what I managed to find:

Module_* files that have been changed/updated:

module_*:

constants
dialogue
game_menus
items
map_icons
meshes
mission_templates
parties
party_templates
presentations
scene_props
scenes
scripts
simple_triggers
sounds
strings
triggers
troops

I posted this in the module system requests thread, but for the sakes of building momentum, and maybe catching an eye of someone who can do something about it:

What I propose is that there be a more detailed release of module system updates, and specifically using something akin to this idea in which basically an updated module system release scenario would look something like this :

The module system for version 1.128 has been released!

The following files have seen changes from 1.127:

module_scripts
module_triggers
module_items

That would save tremendously on time for modders with heavy modification invested in many files.

What would make it absolutely perfect would be to add a term to search for in the files, so we could search string to what exactly has been changed.

so for example:
===========================================================
  #script_count_casualties_and_adjust_morale:
  # INPUT: none
  # OUTPUT: none
  # Updated for 1.128 <-------
  ("count_casualties_and_adjust_morale",
  [           
    (call_script, "script_calculate_main_party_shares"),
    (assign, ":num_player_party_shares", reg0),

(assign, ":eek:ur_loss_score", 0),
    (party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks","p_player_casualties"),
    (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 0, ":num_stacks"),
      (party_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop", "p_player_casualties", ":i_stack"),
      (party_stack_get_size, ":stack_size", "p_player_casualties", ":i_stack"),
==============================================================

So then we could go into the specific files and search for "1.128" or whatever, and go directly to what's been changed, and see for ourselves without having to guess, or try and compile an unofficial list of whats changed.

We modders do what we can to try and sustain the updates, such as flagging our own edited code for searches, but when we've invested into heavy conversion, and have several changes scattered over many files, it becomes laborious when trying to find what's changed, and carrying over our changes to the updated version.

And it's especially a waste of time if in the end, only one line in a single section of code was changed, and unknowingly in the process we have had to go through every file and carry over modded code.

Updated, sorry been lax on this.

@ealabor - nice idea although I think its unlikely the devs will ever do this :razz:

Back
Top Bottom