Module System Download

Users who are viewing this thread

For God's sake, I shall say it once more:
The 1.157 update added some MP balancing tweaks along with some negligible stuff. Put short, if you're not interested in Native's MP, then you are completely fine without the 1.157 changes. Or something along these lines.

And now I'll go and shave past midnight, because **** yeah.

ElPadrino said:
Where can we find old MS ?

Septa Scarabae has got you covered, don't fear:
Code:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30480.0.html

And previous Warband module systems can be accessed changing the version numbers from the download links too, they are still on the TW server. Example:
Code:
[url=http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_module_system_1153.zip]http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_module_system_115[b]3[/b].zip[/url]

Excellent tutorial.

Been a while since I had Warband installed...but decided to re-install, update to 1.158 and have a crack at modding. This has got me to the point of starting with no pain at all. Simple, easy to read, and comprehensive.

There is a bugfix Python update to 2.7.5 ... 2.7.6... which I grabbed. Works a treat

Hi, try using this as the directory:

"D:/Mount&BladeWarband/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/World War Z/"

You need to use forward slashes, not backward slashes, and also you need to point it at your mod folder, not the module system folder.

Hope this helps.

Jarvisimo said:
Hi, try using this as the directory:

"D:/Mount&BladeWarband/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/World War Z/"

You need to use forward slashes, not backward slashes, and also you need to point it at your mod folder, not the module system folder.

Hope this helps.
Sorry for my bad english
I did it like this

HungKnight said:
What is *.pyc ???
how to fix ... thank
*.pyc are cache files generated by Python during execution of *.py files. Warband compiler deletes them after successful module compilation so they don't clutter the folder, but they still remain in case of a failed compilation attempt. Just delete them manually, or fix whatever mistakes caused your module compilation to fail and re-run the compiler. Either way, they do not hurt anything, they are just annoying. :smile:

HungKnight said:
What should I do?
sorry I newbie  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
No idea. Your screenshot does not show the original error which caused the compilation to halt. You need to scroll further up, to the point where the error messages start.

Because I use Linux, and the build_module.bat runs on Windows, I did a quick bash port of the build_module.bat so that Linux (and probably OSX) users can mod stuff too. I don't know if anyone who plans on modding wouldn't know how to do this themselves, but here it is just in case.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
python process_init.py
python process_global_variables.py
python process_strings.py
python process_skills.py
python process_music.py
python process_animations.py
python process_meshes.py
python process_sounds.py
python process_skins.py
python process_map_icons.py
python process_factions.py
python process_items.py
python process_scenes.py
python process_troops.py
python process_particle_sys.py
python process_scene_props.py
python process_tableau_materials.py
python process_presentations.py
python process_party_tmps.py
python process_parties.py
python process_quests.py
python process_info_pages.py
python process_scripts.py
python process_mission_tmps.py
python process_game_menus.py
python process_simple_triggers.py
python process_dialogs.py
python process_global_variables_unused.py
python process_postfx.py
rm *.pyc
echo
echo ______________________________
echo
echo Script processing has ended. You may now close this window.
sleep 1h

HungKnight said:
What is *.pyc ???
how to fix ... thank

Well this is a LOT later, but hopefully he's still hanging around, or this can help someone else.

The problem here is that he is using Python 3 when the code requires Python 2. Python's spec changed dramatically between the two, so it's complaining about the lack of semi-colons that aren't used in 2 but are needed in 3.

Solution: Uninstall Python 3.X and install Python 2.X

I have a problem with the module system, everytime I build module.bat, then go into my mod it stops at launching game then crashes. I have modsys version 1.158 but I have warband version 1.161.

jhnelson said:
I have a problem with the module system, everytime I build module.bat, then go into my mod it stops at launching game then crashes. I have modsys version 1.158 but I have warband version 1.161.

because:
Ikaguia said:
wb 1.161 M system hasn't been released yet

and your game crashes because 1.161 adds new operations.So,when you build an old module to new module,this will be happened normally.

Back
Top Bottom