Negative Money Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

1slander

Regular
My character is somewhere around lvl 28 which imo was alot of work.  I recently was able to begin running a negative denar deficit on my current balance and so as in real life began using the credit as needed.  It was all fine and never really dipped too low till one day I logged into the game and noticed I now had a deficit of somewhere over 400 million.  Now I know I did not run it that low obviously, and am not sure when this bug took effect.  It seemed to be in conjunction with all my hero's being trapped in the dungeon of a city I overtook to save them, now they are forever trapped in the dungeon as when I look they are not there (i own the city now) yet the Traveller says they are there.

Sigh.

Any info is appreciated, I have been playing since prerelease Original M&B, have always played Vanilla, and am finding this negative forever balance is ruining the original struggle found in the game prior, which I always enjoyed.

Press the character button while in world map, then go to statistics, then "export character" (press it). Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Characters and open up the notepad file that has your character's name in the title. For example if your character is named Cake, then the file will be named "Cake.txt". Open it up and look at "money =" thing (4th line, below xp line), then just edit the value there.

Then go back into game, go back to that statistics tab and press export character and it's done - you have the money you set in the .txt file.

Thanks for the info you guys, really appreciated.

And to the comment about starting a new game with the same character.  So basically it just means you start over with nothing, no armor, no weopons and from scratch?  Like no reknown or anything else?  Just your current level and skillset?

1slander said:

And to the comment about starting a new game with the same character.  So basically it just means you start over with nothing, no armor, no weopons and from scratch?  Like no reknown or anything else?  Just your current level and skillset?

Yes. You can edit your character skills, abilities etc. in that .txt also, you can also edit XP there.

1slander said:

That's correct.

OMG I can sense myself succumbing to the dark side .... trying to stay Vanilla ... must be strong ...

... XP edit ... omg ... skills ...

... must stay pure ...

Not sure if I can handle this new information and not use it.

1slander said:
OMG I can sense myself succumbing to the dark side .... trying to stay Vanilla ... must be strong ...

... XP edit ... omg ... skills ...

... must stay pure ...

Not sure if I can handle this new information and not use it.

DON'T! BELIEVE ME - you will regret it! AAAAAAH! TO THE REHAB CENTER NOW! *dials 911 medieval hotline* "Uhm hello, we have a guy that just learnt how to edit his character's stats and he wants to cheat! GET HIM TO REHAB BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE".

Since my re-introduction to M & B through Warband and a sudden new obsession with the game all over again it's hard to know just how badly I need rehab without a /played command.  But If the command exists to know the time I have sunk I actually would prefer not to know.

It is a highly addictive game, wow.  They really had there heads on straight when they developed it.  Unlike some needless titles from other moneymonster designers who worry more about packaging and advertising than they do about the game going in the box.

And an opportunity to add my two scents about the original lackluster score that gamespot gave to the 1st M&B, wow, total travesty imo.  Not really sure what score they gave this one, but it's the readers opinions that really count and I know this game has a loyal cult following since conception.

I think they gave it a lukewarm 7.5 for the expansion - which is okay, they have underrated some of the best games of all time (less than 9 for deus ex?).

I do think Steam is bringing a lot of players, which is great, since this game deserves an epic amount of play.

Cznielsen said:
Doesn't it save the renown?

No, but there's a way how to get the renown throught cheats, but this poor guy that started the topic doesn't need to know it or he will ruin his non-cheat game. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom