[S] Warband: 15th Century (Released) [Dead for the time being]

Users who are viewing this thread

I've not had any internet for some time and I'm away from my game computer, so no screenshots of the redone Vaegir, Nord, Swadian, Rhodok and Khergit troop trees (being away from my game computer doesn't mean I'm incapable of modding).
I will however try to respond to the replies.

Scientia Excelsa said:
Cataphract seems like an odd class for a Khergit to me, though.
CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Looks cool, although Mongols never had Cataphracts afaik.  That was the Sassanids and Romans (Byzantines).
I'm not basing the Khergits solely on the 13th century Mongol Horde. They also have some Timurid influences (no War Elephants though, as awesome as that might be).

Modiglian said:
Have'nt tryed out that much but from what I saw the otherwice very good full plate armour is being overused. I found that almost every Rhodok and Svadian top tier units have them and that's not cool on my opinion. More diversity and different armor (including more different full plate armor, half plate etc) Makes the mod already more interesting.
Also something else is needed. One fullplate armor could not carry on my play for more than an hour and after that I played some other mod. This is just me so someone else might think othervise.
Maybe you could or should implemetn more metallic sound and other mini mods in your mod for a starters also.
In the next version plate armour is going to be more rare. It's for lords and the fully upgraded castle troops. The best armour other troops can get is brigandine, heraldic mail and mail with breastplate.

Hannes0000 said:
Nords men-at-arm wear plate? Nords wont wear plate ,chain mail and leather mostly..
They will when their two southern neighbors do and their eastern one is trying to import it. If you prefer your Nords locked in the 10th and 11th centuries, this mod is not for you as it's a 15th century one.

Qwertypolk said:
The biggest thing bugging me in this mod is the use of shields, especially for the mounted men (And more so for the high tier mounted men) By the 15thC. shields had for the most part, disappeared due to the effectiveness of armour and deadliness of bills.
Very small shields did still exist, such as the buckler for infantry, and a small heater style shield for cavalry, about a foot in width at most, and only a little longer lengthways.
Don't worry. Next version the only shields worn by Men-at-Arms, Retainers and Knights are pavise shields for some infantry units (Swadian Sergeants and Rhodok Men-at-Arms and Foot Knights), mounted units won't have any.

Also bear in mind that maille was much rarer among levy troops in the 15thC. Padded jacks (Bulky gambesons), sometimes with jack chains made up the majority of defence. Some troops would be outfitted with basic munitions grade breast plates and a helm.
Mail will probably be more common than it was in real life, but the only levy troops wearing it will be the Nord ones who are based on Danish militia during the 13th and early 14th centuries (since the Nords are more conservative when it comes to adopting new tactics).

If I were you, I'd try to push the use of billhooks over spears and pikes. It was the bill that actually caused the drop in the size of shields in the first place.
From my understanding bills were mostly used by the English, with pikes and halberds being used by continental armies? Bills ( or pikes and halberds) might be the future for the Nords and Swadians, but the Rhodoks will be using weapons long maces, glaives and voulges since they are based on the Hussites, and the Vaegirs, Khergits and Sarranids aren't based on western Europe.

A complete remake of native would be best, IMO. Start with renaming factions to historical names, then troop trees, then equipment and finally lord names.
I did have a go at my own 15thC. mod one time. I just couldn't get together enough equipment to make it viable. Here's to hoping you don't end with the same problem.
It probably would. I'm not going to make such a major mod though. It would require extensive knowledge about coding and I'm currently still trying to learn how to do three separate unit trees (which certainly aren't easy). The mod is never going to be anything more than a later Calradia.

Edit:
I consider myself fairly competant when it comes to the 15thC. battlefield. Should you require a historian for the mod, drop me a PM and we'll talk.
I might do that. Not necessarily for the mod, but I'm always interested in increasing my knowledge about history.

LittleJP said:
Gunpowder?

I'm pretty sure some use of it was common at the time.
The next version is going to have a Rhodok Handgunner. I might add one for other nations as well, but I'm unsure how to show a Rhodok gunpowder advantage if other nations also get gunpowder (and I'm not going to add arquebuses or muskets).

No Poland? or Poland and Lithuania Commenwealth?..... I feel dispointed this was the golden age for poland... not gone try it -.-

or not even the importance of Itaily?  such as the rise of renascence and its huge states that did battle against another?

Hawkwood said:
Bugs:
Vaegir Horse Archers don't always have horses despite having the tag. Any help on how to solve this is welcome.

Make sure they have horses available in their inventory
Make sure they are flagged to always be mounted
Make sure they are flagged to always get a horse
Make sure their agility is enough for their riding skill
Make sure their riding skill is high enough for the horses in their inventory

Doing that should ensure you have your horse archers mounted in any battle

I just checked the Vaegir horse archers in your mod with the troop text editor, in my version they now have 12 ag, ride4, and horse archery 3 (one less than Khergits) and the get horse box ticked, previously they where 5ag, ride0 and didn't have the always get horse box checked.
They work fine.
Hope this helps.

As an aside... Should the Warhorse still be in their inventory?
I personally am thinking of removing it and lowering their ag and ride accordingly so that they only use the hunter horse, but i'll hold off until you have seen this in case it was intentional as i don't want my version of the mod to be too different to the official one.

bunnyhop said:
Hawkwood said:
Bugs:
Vaegir Horse Archers don't always have horses despite having the tag. Any help on how to solve this is welcome.

Make sure they have horses available in their inventory
Make sure they are flagged to always be mounted
Make sure they are flagged to always get a horse
Make sure their agility is enough for their riding skill
Make sure their riding skill is high enough for the horses in their inventory

Doing that should ensure you have your horse archers mounted in any battle
Beezarandy said:
I just checked the Vaegir horse archers in your mod with the troop text editor, in my version they now have 12 ag, ride4, and horse archery 3 (one less than Khergits) and the get horse box ticked, previously they where 5ag, ride0 and didn't have the always get horse box checked.
They work fine.
Hope this helps.

As an aside... Should the Warhorse still be in their inventory?
I personally am thinking of removing it and lowering their ag and ride accordingly so that they only use the hunter horse, but i'll hold off until you have seen this in case it was intentional as i don't want my version of the mod to be too different to the official one.
That certainly would explain why they don't have horses in the current version. In the next one they should be fixed.

Glad to have been of service :wink: (Great mod btw)

Just out of curiosity, would this mod be too out of period for addition into your mod or not?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,111898.0.html

The reason i ask is that i haven't been able to get it to add on to your mod because of some error messages about too many items being attatched to the Plate armour mesh (Something like that anyway) and i'm not quite mod savvy enough to be able to fix the conflict. However it is a great and very welcome addition to my other versions of Warband and good items are always..... well... good lol.

One feature I forgot to tell about before: Half-swording. Pressing X (or the button you have assigned) while wielding a twohanded or bastard sword will change the animations to those of the War Hammer. You can't do sideways swings and overhead swings deal less damage, but thrust damage increases and you should still be capable of dealing damage at ranges where not even daggers can be wielded properly (i.e. they bounce off because your enemy is too close to you).

Hawkwood said:
One feature I forgot to tell about before: Half-swording. Pressing X (or the button you have assigned) while wielding a twohanded or bastard sword will change the animations to those of the War Hammer. You can't do sideways swings and overhead swings deal less damage, but thrust damage increases and you should still be capable of dealing damage at ranges where not even daggers can be wielded properly (i.e. they bounce off because your enemy is too close to you).

Awww, that's awesome...

Hawkwood said:

Doesn't work with either a masterwork bastard sword or sword of war...

Hawkwood said:

Thank god. I've been waiting for something like this ever since I finished reading Fighting with the German Longsword.
I really like the kinds of armor used around that time period, and so far, these look pretty good.

Sir David of Derby said:
Hawkwood said:

Doesn't work with either a masterwork bastard sword or sword of war...
Whoops, I forgot to say that it's not in the current version. It's in the next version.

One thing I beg for, either a quick-and-dirty fix or in the next version - a decent helmet to be worn with the Milanese plate armour! The armet helmt looks ridiculous, like a plucked chicken's head with a skinny little neck. Off the top of my head I don't know what helmet was worn with Milanese style plate, but please give us one that looks good.

I love this mod, I love running around in full plate and swinging two-handed weapons. The plate armour models are awesome - just that damned helmet! Aaargh!

EDIT - a barbute would be perfect instead of the armet, maybe with a mail coif so you don't see the skinny neck of your character...  :razz:

Sir David of Derby said:
One thing I beg for, either a quick-and-dirty fix or in the next version - a decent helmet to be worn with the Milanese plate armour! The armet helmt looks ridiculous, like a plucked chicken's head with a skinny little neck.
Agreed.
There should be at least a barbutta somewhere around in the forums...

I suggest also a simplified tree for now.

As it's better to have less stuff but correct than too much old warband fashion...  :mrgreen:

Btw it's "BARBUTA" the helmet.

On the subject of variety.... and just out of curiosity... Have you looked at maybe asking the guy who made the weapons for 1257ad (improved) if you could use a few. (after giving them proper stats to fit your mod of course). As some of the weapon models in that are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom