I just watched this series...

Users who are viewing this thread

ChrisserTheGreat

I just finished watching the berserk show last night and I must say.... it has the worst ending of any story of all time. The end is thoroughly disgusting. I'm really disappointed since it was one of the most intriguing things i've ever watched.

ChrisserTheGreat said:
I just finished watching the berserk show last night and I must say.... it has the worst ending of any story of all time. The end is thoroughly disgusting. I'm really disappointed since it was one of the most intriguing things i've ever watched.

Wha? The eclipse? That's why there is a manga.

Well, do you remember how the series started? With Guts as the Black Swordsman visiting the tavern.
THIS is actually the start of the entire story - everything before that is just a flashback to set up the rest of the saga.
In other words: the entire 25 anime series is nothing but a flashback that sets up the story and it even finishes a little short of the beginning (of the anime).

In other words: the end is hardly even the beginning of Guts Adventure.
As such it is very well done. It sets up Casca as the emotional and damaged character while showing us what she used to be, it gives Guts a reason and a motivation why he should persue Griffith and fight him at every turn. (Revenge and to save Casca)
It gives us Griffith as the previously noble protagonist, who is so ambitious that he turns into a vile abomination that even rapes the loyal casca, in order to persue his goals and to take revenge on Guts and live out his unsatisfied feelings for casca.
We have the turning point of the series, from which Guts future is decided (that he has no way of not fighting Griffith) that focuses all the cruelty and despair to encourage the reader to feel with Guts and to follow his decisions.
As such the reader as well is motivated to read on and it ensures that the reader will feel close to Guts.

Thus I cannot see why this ending should be "bad" - it is not pleasent, yes, but that is intentional and of importance for the continuation of the story. Besides, you can hardly get a happy ending after the prologue of a story.

:sad:. Are Casca and Gatts still together after the anime or is she locked in some tower in the middle of no where.

ChrisserTheGreat said:
:sad:. Are Casca and Gatts still together after the anime or is she locked in some tower in the middle of no where.

Trying not to spoil too much for you (the manga is x100 times better then the anime), they both escape and Guts goes an awesome rampage of revenge, for the rest read the manga :razz:.

ChrisserTheGreat said:

Technically the early beginning is the 'end', and then goes back in time to explain how it happened up to what happened with the (1st) Band of the Hawk.

It's basically the first 12 volumes of the current ongoing 31 volumes of the manga series.

(There should be spoiler tags.)

bloodymerc said:
ChrisserTheGreat said:

Technically the early beginning is the 'end', and then goes back in time to explain how it happened up to what happened with the (1st) Band of the Hawk.

It's basically the first 12 volumes of the current ongoing 31 volumes of the manga series.

(spoiler) Your Text Here (/spoiler)
Replace () with [].

Like so:
Your Spui' Lahr Here

Synelor said:
bloodymerc said:
ChrisserTheGreat said:

(spoiler) Your Text Here (/spoiler)
Replace () with [].

Like so:
Your Spui' Lahr Here

Thanks. I couldn't find any spoiler tags.

Back
Top Bottom