[B] Exotic Arabians Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieR.

Sergeant
I decided to start a topic just in case anyone had any problems and don't have an account on the repository.
The pack details are listed on the download page along with a few screenshots, but I tend to forget a few key details when trying to make a mod you can insta'-play so if you have any issues let me know and I'll fix them. :3

The download is here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1818

The first thing I thought of was some sort of mod that involved sensual retexturing of Arabian women. I was sorely disappointed.

Nah, just kidding, looks good.

I knew I forgot something, the black armor isn't supposed to be in there actually. I thought I fully removed that but I'll go do that now. It's a remnant of some custom armor me and my friend made. I hope it hasn't been crashing anything. >_<

Luckily the weirdo horses aren't applied to any troops, so no being mauled by an army of pink ponies~

EDIT: Ok, it -should- be all fixed now. I always do something like that no matter how hard I look. Fail.

I knew that was a slip of the mind  :wink:

I really like some of them, specially the ceremonial horse/stallion - looks very tribal/Indian.
And the (real) zebra is nicely done. But others are awful, sorry.  :smile:
When you give the tail a plain white texture it looks like solid marble instead of hair.
It's not so bad with the black tails. You should find a hair texture for the tail only.

I'll see what I can do about the hair textures and may have an update for them if they come out well. :grin:
Thanks for the tips. :3

The shaders on Dx9 do the white horses a lot of justice drawing would really biff if applied to them, so! We are going to see what we can do, perhaps make horses for the Dx7 users that have more drawn-in detail and then possibly leave the ones on Dx9 for the most part alone(save for the tails and a few other parts) since the shader does a good job.

mb1-1.jpg

mb4-1.jpg
Same horse, one's just in Dx7 and the other with Dx9.

So we're working on making them better. :grin:

Could you share your photobucket album and put up screenshots of all your textures?  It is a real pain in the ass to click and load every single jpg.

ok, thought this was a face/skin pack for arab nations, turns out to be a joke, haha, very funny, cause there are so many rainbow zebra horses in arab nations huh? could have saved some time by letting us know it was bogus skins for unrealisitc arabian HORSES.

:shock: WOO found it. My computer blew up a long time ago metaphorically speaking sooo I have to gather some of my mods again.

If I can get new screenies of the horses I will. But I don't have any of the things I need to continue working on this mod. The white horses are blinding, yup. Sorry about that. Like it says on the mod, REMOVE THE ONES YOU DON'T LIKE. It ain't hard, especially if I of all people could make it in the first place.
Appaloosa, Black, White and several of the others are legitimate horse colorings. We made these for ourselves and just decided to share them with the public. :3

Since the topic is old and the mod won't be worked on further I'll lock this up. Here are some screenies to get an idea of the ponies before I do.

SacredZebra.jpg

Fayna.jpg

Darja.jpg

mb4-1.jpg

Tavern.jpg

If someone would like to, you are free to edit and reproduce or redistribute what you like without having to ask permission from me, since I'm not here often enough. But credit would be nice, my friend and I spent hours on some of these horses to make them look decent and get rid of seams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom