B Native Realism Mod. Bringing reality to Warband.

Whats your favourite medieval weapon in RL out of this list?

• Saber

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • medieval sword (european)

Votes: 61 16.9%
  • poleaxe

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • long bow

Votes: 34 9.4%
  • short bow

• yumi

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • crossbow

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • katana

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • no dachi

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Yari

• pike

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • lance

• bastard sword

Votes: 43 11.9%
  • spiked mace

• military hammer

• pick

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • knife

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • stiletto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • war spike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • spiked gauntlet

• javelin

• axe

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • claymore

Votes: 21 5.8%
  • sword of war (two handed sword)

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • wooden stick

Votes: 25 6.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
okiN said:
Wait... so this competition doesn't actually have a prize? It's just "work for us, and maybe we'll use your stuff"? That's pretty lame. :razz:

:lol:

Well, you give me a server that allows top quality random players maps to be played and populated with a lot of players for everyone to use and enjoy, and say that this isnt a prize :smile:

Heh. Well, the thing is, that doesn't seem like any kind of exclusive draw for the contestants themselves to take part. But yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who'll do it just for the joy of having more good maps to play on!

No, sorry, I was being serious. I'd probably make one myself if I wasn't really busy and a bad mapper to boot. We definitely need good and balanced new maps for MP, the Native selection is quite limited in the end. I haven't really had the time to properly test any of the packs that have already been released, and no servers seem to be running them anyway.

Im in. 15 maps already in? Doesnt that mean theres only a... 6.26% chance of your map to be played :???: Fawk. Mind showing the other maps, Id like to know what Im going up against in popularity?

Basically, the 22nd are making a realism mod, we know how limited the native maps are, so we thought we would expand dramatically :smile:, and why not get the public involved?
Okin why not just try it? good maps take ages to make, so you have plenty time to do it in, till your happy with it.
And Temuzu, you sure you want to see XD it might discourage you!
Its a good point though, wel post some screenshots up of the ones already made :smile:.

Great. I was thinking about something like this:

A small map, well, smallish, its very long, and in the centre theres a river where the 2 sides would meet. A classic cluster****.

okiN said:
Wait... so this competition doesn't actually have a prize? It's just "work for us, and maybe we'll use your stuff"? That's pretty lame. :razz:
The prize is that your map gets played :smile:

As a matter of fact, I've finished 2 maps semi-big (about field by the river size, one is a city map one is open).  If you guys like them, PM me.  I'll post screens later. 

For the nK battle server, I'm working on a small map pack with my maps.  But it would be wise to put all the custom map mods together methinks.

Bite Me said:
Basically, the 22nd are making a realism mod, we know how limited the native maps are, so we thought we would expand dramatically :smile:, and why not get the public involved?

Yeah, it's a good plan. Basically, I just thought it was a bit funny that you were framing it as a competition rather than just a shout out to mapmakers. Anyway, no big deal. :razz:

Bite Me said:
Okin why not just try it? good maps take ages to make, so you have plenty time to do it in, till your happy with it.

Therein lies the problem. Like I said, I have a lot of work I'm supposed to be doing right now (like, right now, I'm procrastinating by even writing this post), and since I tend to obsess over tiny details with projects like this, I think it'd probably end up taking way too much time. Maybe in summer, but for now I'll leave it to people who are actually good at it. :smile:

Temuzu said:
Pff, good maps dont take ages to make. The Trenches took me about an hour, maeby 2.

Yes, yes they do. A good map has to look good as well as be fun and balanced for both teams.

Larken said:
Temuzu said:
Pff, good maps dont take ages to make. The Trenches took me about an hour, maeby 2.

Yes, yes they do. A good map has to look good as well as be fun and balanced for both teams.
Depends on what are you making it for. On Trenches, theres defenders and attackers, so it cant be balanced, otherwise it would be just simple battle.

Trenches does look pretty cool, but these maps really need to be more detailed and larger, when you see some posts of how complicated chuck-norris's "fun" based maps are, complete with traps, underground passageways, ladders through treetops, you will understand :smile:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom