B Tutorial 2D Texturing

Users who are viewing this thread

Draco Wrath said:
Thanks for this, i needed a refresher :smile:
I was thinking of perhaps taking a break from mapping in the future and begin learning how to texture (So I can fix the textures on the armoury expansion for the GK Siege server). Thought this might be a good place to start.

Then you want to right click and left click UV-mapping (if you right click again, all the faces you've placed will reset. If you do this, you can press Alt+Z to fix it).
This should bring you directly to the texture sheet. If it doesn't, you've either right clicked again, or selected a face you haven't mapped yet.
If that happens, just unselect all faces again (with Spacebar) and make sure you only select faces that you've mapped earlier.

i still don't go straight to the texture sheet. really confused on this? do the UV maps not save?

EDIT: don't worry i didn't close it the UV window and it all goes on the same texture map automatically

I'm a bit confused. I have a model of a tower consisting of two cubes. How do I UV map them in a way that makes the texture be in the same file, instead of two different textures.

Cozur said:
I'm a bit confused. I have a model of a tower consisting of two cubes. How do I UV map them in a way that makes the texture be in the same file, instead of two different textures.

When you select one cube and click UV mapping, then continue onto projection normal, it should appear on the UV map. minimise the window and do the same for the next cube; you should have both cubes on the same texture sheet.

Not completely true. Just make smaller uv's. To get two maps, set two materials, and follow the same process

I've got a problem with GIMP,I try using white brush but it doesn't appears on metal texture ...  help would be appriciated :grin: .

OK. So I made a model, gave it a texture, it doesn't look that nice but it doesn't matter. The point is: What do I do now? I tried some things with OpenBRF and it requires .dds files. GIMP plugin for making those doesn't work and files converted through various converters don't seem to work. Is there something I'm doing wrong?(Probably yes and I have no idea where).

Leifdin said:
OK. So I made a model, gave it a texture, it doesn't look that nice but it doesn't matter. The point is: What do I do now? I tried some things with OpenBRF and it requires .dds files. GIMP plugin for making those doesn't work and files converted through various converters don't seem to work. Is there something I'm doing wrong?(Probably yes and I have no idea where).
Export your texture files as .tga then use your DDSconvertor 2.1 to convert your texture files from .tga to .dds, and it should work (I had the same problem). Also make sure your texture is 521x521 or 1024x1024 pixels by how ever big you want your textures to show.

OK, I'll try that. Thanks for quick reply.
EDIT: Obviously, I am an idiot. I totally ignored settings-why the checkboard pattern and didn't place it into module/textures :oops: (that's what you get if you focus on only one possible problem)

Another one: Helmets I created are glowing. Any idea why?

Back
Top Bottom