[S] Scaedumar Mod - Beta version released

Users who are viewing this thread

Where is the last update ?
I hope you tweaked back all archers and bandits and switched to infantry all skirmishers, not only sarranids :mrgreen:

If you send me the file I'll work on khergit and sarranid lords. If everything will be good we can update a final MrEx&Rob add on and every future change, if any, will be rigorously save compatible. This if everything will be ok and we did not forgot anything. And if Pino or somebody else is not goign to add Freelancer or something else. In this case i'll wait for a while before starting a new game again :grin:

The Vaegir lancers and Nord fyrdmen, if you meant those, have never been marked as archers. Only the Sarranid skirmishers were.

I reworked the Khergits and Sarranid lords a little myself already. Just gave them some heavier armours and onehanded weaponry. But you could edit them to your tastes as you like, so long as they keep in the heavily-equiped tradition. I basically don't really care on how each and every lord is supposed to look, so long as they do not stand out of the crowd with those simple native heraldic mails. :lol:

wrc said:
It seems that Balanced Jousting Lance only knocks out,even with couched damage,you can't kill with it anymore.Maybe I changed something in options but don't know what,I would restore previous settings!
That happens in native, nothing has been changed. It simply deals blunt damage, if you want to kill with lancing get a proper lance.
You could of course change the attack type by editing the item but it is blunt because its supposed to be for tournaments.

Crossbow Joe said:
wrc said:
It seems that Balanced Jousting Lance only knocks out,even with couched damage,you can't kill with it anymore.Maybe I changed something in options but don't know what,I would restore previous settings!
That happens in native, nothing has been changed. It simply deals blunt damage, if you want to kill with lancing get a proper lance.
You could of course change the attack type by editing the item but it is blunt because its supposed to be for tournaments.
Ah stupid me,thanks Crossbow Joe,I was quite sure that you could kill with Jousting lance and used it to break through the first line of enemy spearmen!
I play musket mods mostly so I lost sight of that! :grin:

MrExpendable said:
The Vaegir lancers and Nord fyrdmen, if you meant those, have never been marked as archers. Only the Sarranid skirmishers were.

I reworked the Khergits and Sarranid lords a little myself already. Just gave them some heavier armours and onehanded weaponry. But you could edit them to your tastes as you like, so long as they keep in the heavily-equiped tradition. I basically don't really care on how each and every lord is supposed to look, so long as they do not stand out of the crowd with those simple native heraldic mails. :lol:

From your last download they were marked. About lords, I would have done the same, so that's ok. I would say we have a final and playable work, don' t we ? Is that of your last upload ?

Robis said:
MrExpendable said:

From your last download they were marked. About lords, I would have done the same, so that's ok. I would say we have a final and playable work, don' t we ? Is that of your last upload ?
I agree on declaring my last upload the final one. I think that I've tweaked and tested pretty much everything now, and won't be changing anything any longer.

I could re-upload the module containing all of the changes we made. Will take some time though, as I have to re-install the original version of the mod and apply our changes because my version of this mod has also been modified with music and banners from PoP and a face pack. I could upload it, but I'm not sure if people would actually like it. :razz:

Robis said:
MrExpendable said:

can confirm that.

vaegir lancer, nord vet. spearmen and nord berserk have guaranted ranged weapons in the last version.

So. Here is the download for the final version of MrEx&Rob add-on to Scaedumar Beta. As a final step, I tweaked bandits and nord archers archery proficiencies, since MrEx forgot them once again :mrgreen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAEZCDGM

It contains all the files needed to make it work:
- pino's armour pack textures and resources
- text files for troops, party and items
- script.txt that fixes the loot problem after battles on ice or desert ground

How to install:
- extract the files contained in the zip files into your Scaedumar Beta folder in Modules, overwriting what is needed. Be sure that files in Resource and Textures will be inside the respective folders in Scaedumar Beta.
- enjoy.

EDIT: 1 minute after the upload I noticed that Nord Berserkers were marked as archers :sad: . So put this file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LS7G1FIA into Scaedumar Beta folder, overwriting when asked. Note: this file has the bardiche add-on, see below.

Note: the add-on contains new items and it consists in new troop trees with stats and gear changed. To have it work with your previous version of Scaedumar you will need to start a new game, otherwise parties and stats will not be adjusted.
List of features:
- new units and troop trees
- stats of troops reworked and increased, to make game more challenging and to keep balance among factions
- lords and kings reworked in gear and stats
- some new armors from Pino's pack vol.2
- stronger bandits

If you prefer to have the standard amount of arrows and bolts and/or vaegir infantry using bardiches download this
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ZR7XV2V and overwirite the items1kind file in scaedumar beta folder for ammo change and troops file for bardiche add-on. This file should have Nord Berskerers already fixed (see above at EDIT). Note: switching from this version to the version above is save compatible, since no stats have been changed.

Credits:
- Abhuva for having created Scaedumar Beta
- MrExpendable and Robis for working on the add -on
- Pino69 for the armor pack

All of this should be errors free. Let us know if and where we failed.

Robis said:
So. Here is the download for the final version of MrEx&Rob add-on to Scaedumar Beta. As a final step, I tweaked bandits and nord archers archery proficiencies, since MrEx forgot them once again :mrgreen:
I didn't forgot them lol, I edited them to have their stats matched to their actual skills. They are far from being elite, but they should give the player a hard time when fighting them.

I also tweaked the manhunters accordingly, so that they can actually match the bandits. I'll look at what you've done with the bandits later this evening, and see which ones' version is best. Thanks for uploading the full module. :smile:

Oh, and good that you noticed the part on the Berserkers. Didn't saw it myself.

Warning: it's not the "full" module. You need to put the files in the Scaedumar Folder in Modules and overwrite when required.

Edit: I found bodkin arrows on sale in shariz shop. And I have v.1.143 !!  :eek:

thx you two.

going to start a new game now.

EDIT:

checked different cities. was able to find all three arrow types.

i have been looking for diffenrent new items like the kuyak armor or the nikolskoe helmet in the shops.

was not able to find any them for many weeks (was already looking in the earlier versions).

have anyone found them in the shops?

the items are marked as merchandise.

Hello,

Good work and thank you two for sharing.
Do you plan to localize the new items, aka no sarranid armors at Thir ?

pino69 said:
Hello,

Good work and thank you two for sharing.
Do you plan to localize the new items, aka no sarranid armors at Thir ?

i would leave it as it is.

a merchant could buy some sarranid armors at barryie and sell them at thir. what would be great is if they could reduce the chance to find faction items in cities which do not belong to the faction... if it is possible.

I'd say to leave it as it's now.
By the way Pino, if you want to implement some yours sarranid armors (four or five could be enough) it would be good. And, most important, save compatible :grin:

Abhuva updated in first page.

Guys,

I wanted to inform you that I came across a bug. It seems like the maximum limit for powerdraw has been set to 6 for the player. This means that the Masterwork Warbow (8 powerdraw) cannot be equipped by the player. I bypassed this problem by lowering the warbows' powerdraw requirements to 3 instead of 4. Since the Strongbow also has this requirement, I don't think that this change would conflict much in terms of balance.

I've also edited the prices of some of the Rus' helmets. Seems like they were underpriced a bit.

Link for the download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V62WNASI

This hotfix is fully savegame compatible.

Edit: Seems like I've got it all wrong with the Masterwork modifier, which increases powerdraw requirements with 4 instead of 3. Which makes the masterwork warbow requires 8 powerdraw and the strongbow 7 powerdraw.

I could remove the masterwork modifiers for bows altogether, or get my hands dirty and find the according lines for de powerdraw limit in the source files and change it. What do you guys think? The first one is a whole lot easier for me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom