Nations Cup - M&B:WB NC General info

Users who are viewing this thread

Certainly. It was only meant as an example of the fact that dividing by languages only is a flawed logic.

Merges should be to enable countries to play that cannot field a team of their own.
Not to increase the strength of a nation.

This should be the deciding factor.
Perhaps there should be a list of all people who have applied to play and from which the captains can pick their teams. If captains can only pick players from this list there is no question as to the number of people available, no question of whether or not a nation has enough players. It will be factual as we can see it all on the list.

This enables us to objectively see whether or not a nation does in fact have enough people to field a team or whether they actually need to merge.
This allows us to easily distinguish between honest and "dishonest" merges.

Great idea. I know it is implicit in what Plazek writes, but please remember to write which country you are from when you sign up.

Oooh sounds nice. I know for a fact that there're more than plenty Dutch-speaking people who'd join at the drop of a hat. This is quite evident, even when looking at just this thread.  :lol:

MaHuD said:
Netherlands and Belgium both have more citizens than Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and the other scandinavian countries. Yet somehow, its OK that Netherlands and Belgium (and some even suggested Luxembourg) team up....

Sweden probably has more players than the Netherlands and Belgium combined

Another Idea is to pick teams now and see what countries cant bring together the required number, then try to have each one of those (for as far as possible) merge with another small team.

Arch3r, sign me up as Polish captain. I will probably step down when someone willing will emerge, but it will simplify the organization of the Cup.

Vermin said:
MaHuD said:
Netherlands and Belgium both have more citizens than Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and the other scandinavian countries. Yet somehow, its OK that Netherlands and Belgium (and some even suggested Luxembourg) team up....

Another Idea is to pick teams now and see what countries cant bring together the required number, then try to have each one of those (for as far as possible) merge with another small team.

There are lots of dutch players, just spread out amongst clans and no clans.
It's because of Einherjar, SZ, RS and stuff taht some countries look huge with the amount of members...

Titanshoe said:
You could either Pm me or Scandinav if you want to join the Norwegian-Danish-Icelandic union!

I thought us Scandinavians were done with unions :p
But if there is no Norway team, I want to join this one.

MaHuD said:
Vermin said:
MaHuD said:

It's because of Einherjar, SZ, RS and stuff taht some countries look huge with the amount of members...

Indeed. I'm sure most countries would have enough players if more people were active on the forums. Sweden doesn't have a huge population, the difference is that we are generally more active in internet communities.

Lezzard said:
MaHuD said:
Vermin said:
MaHuD said:

Indeed. I'm sure most countries would have enough players if more people were active on the forums. Sweden doesn't have a huge population, the difference is that we are generally more active in internet communities.

SZ and RS both have alot of members(I regularly see new ones that I dont know pop up) but the members of neither of these clans are very active on the forums.
But, assuming you are correct and there are many Dutch and Belgian players out there who are not active on TW, how do you reach them? Visit all servers and deliver the message? They do not know that there is a nations cup being organized, so they certainly wont know that they can sign up for anything like that(if they're even interested in it).

A warband world cup server with an announcement in the rules.

Of course 90% of people will not read the rules, but that just means only the upper 10% will come and sign up. On balance this is probly a good thing  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom