Votes: 261 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 61 18.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lueii

Grandmaster Knight

Download link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1838

Thanks everyone.  I thought I would never get this off the ground.  Thanks to Cinuzita, Uthred ragnarson, Claus24, and Hawkwood.

PLAY AT MAX DIFFICULTY

...Tis the year of our lord 1242,
After the death of the High King of Swadia, his young heiress, Isolla of Suno, was to become Queen of Swadia.  But when the nobles convened to select the next ruler, they selected another.  His name was Harleus, Lord of Praven.  Isolla quickly gathered her forces, holding Suno.  The other Lords of Swadia quickly formed their in-factions.  Harleus is now on very pecarious throne.  Only blood and sword will keep him upon it...

Features:
New map of Swadia (This version)
New factions based off Swadia
The old music from old M&B beta
New lords (No khergit lords in Swadia)
Strategic war scripts (Not implemented yet)
High medieval tech (No plate armor)
New troops
New Mercs
New bandits
New items(Next version)
Thels facepack

Factions:

The Royal Duchy of Praven
  Ruled by the self claimed High King of the Swadians, Harleus II, Praven is a new comer in the swadian realm.  For years the young Duke of Praven, once a minor lord, of a minor house, has struggled his way slowly to the throne.  Now he must struggle to keep it.
  Praven is the fastest growing city in Swadia.  It was conquered after Sargoth, from the Calraidian empire by the Swadian barbarians who would replace them.  Now it is on the verge of ruling Calraidia...

The Royal Duchy of Suno
  Suno's blood runs deep.  Long ago, the Calraidian emperors ruled in it's battered halls.  Until now the Swadians were ruled by men of Calraidian blood of the house of Suno.
  Now the last scion of Suno, Lady Isolla de Suno has lost the support of the majority of the nobles.  She still will press her claim by sword from Suno.

The Duchy of Sargoth
  Sargoth represents everything that it means to be Swadian.  Sargoth was the first Calraidian city to fall to the Swadians, the first capital of Swadia before the move to Suno, and the birthplace of the first trueblood Swadian King Harleus.  But the years have not been kind to Sargoth, the dying city.
  Duke Delinard is the member of the poorest family in Swadia's nobility.  But it is the most influecal family.  Harleus owes them his throne.  Now they want what he owes them: The treasury.  And must soon deliver...

Rhodokia
The Rhodoks are an emerging new power. They have rebelled against Swadia at it's darkest hour. The Swadian king plans to tear the crown from the king who betrayed him: Grunwalder, King of the Rhodoks. No man has made the lords of Swadia fear him more then Lord Grunwalder and his spear armed rebels.

The Princedom of Veluca
  Veluca: wine, women, and civilization.  The local Rhodoks are renowned for their delights.  The trade of Calraidia is based off Velucan products.  But the local Rhodok population is getting more rebellious.  In some areas, nobles sympathetic to the Rhodoks are rebelling.
  In power here is Prince Harleus, heir of King Harleus.  He is unlike his father in every way.  He is drunk wih Velucan wine half the time and worse the other half.  He however holds little power, and "King" Gruwalder of Jekalka is set on crushing him.  The "Wine Prince" has other ideas.

The Duchy of Dhirim
  Dhirim is the largest city in Swadia.  It is were the swadians get their manpower.  That is also why their rulers are weakest.  By controlling the vast reserves of manpower they hold Swadia in an iron fist.
  Duke Klargus is the weakest of the dukes, hanging on the whim of the Duxe of War.  He however could seriously damage the Swadian war effort on the side of Harleus if he broke away from the new kingdom.

I would like to know if anyone could help me with scripting, mapping, and perhaps if we need to, modeling.  Please PM me if you can help.

Team:
Lueii (Head modder)
Clau24 (Mapper)
Uthred Rangnarson (Beta tester)
Hawkwood (Beta tester)
Hurleur (Texturer)
CounterPoint391 (Sigger)

Need Scripter

Polls results:
  Majority want new items (70%)
  Majority want Rhodok rebel faction (59.5%)
  Majority want mini-factions (56.9)
  Majority want the count title to be a knight title (38.9) 

Support LofC

Banners:

First Screenshots

(Note:  Better ones on the way)

mb26.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

mb17d.jpg

Swadian knight
mb19.jpg

Screenies up

Thank you, I was afraid no one would notice this mod with all the awesome ones out there.  I was inspired by A song of Ice and fire, I liked the cutthroat feel of those books, and wanted it in M&B.  I was very heavily influenced by the .808 mod Swadian civil war.
  I hope a mapper will volunteer though so I can really make it a Swadian civil war

Well, actually you should search a mapper instead of waiting for a volunteer...this will make everything easier...:smile:

anyway, I believe this project is really interesting and I encourage you once again in doin a good work!

Could I suggest you to search some scripts to insert in the features? They're not difficult to insert in a mod, and they add a lot of fun! Think about it: taking advantage of the chaos that is taking place in Swadia, a new noble/adventurer take his chance to create his new kingdom...obviously kingdom management is a little abused in this times, but I really thinks that this feature suits some mods more then others...

Out this weekend, will get Beta next week.

I won't implement scripts yet.

For now it's mainly changing the factions Swadian, then making the troops Swadian.  Still searching for mapper.

No others interested in this mod? Any way I'm really looking forward to it. Are also going to give some (or all) of the Swadian cities different unit trees?

I will make their troop trees slightly different from each other depending on the Kingdom the city borders, (example: Rhodok spear units influence the Swadians in Veluca to use more polearms).

Mostly european items, with influence of the "russian" style items for the swadian faction near the vaegirs, nord's style for the swadian of dhirim/suno and eastern influence for the rhodoks and swadian near the khergits...the more central factions should be purely european...just a thought anyway...:smile:

Say, I was doing research and I found out that the Rhodoks, while the name Rhodok is similar to the greeks, (Rhodok and Rhomani) that the Rhodoks are based massively off the lithuanians.  The lithuanians used long pikes in battle, and they won their independence from the germanic order of Teutonic knights at the battle of...Grunwalder.  Name sound familiar.  And pikes played a huge role in that battle.

Lueii said:
  Say, I was doing research and I found out that the Rhodoks, while the name Rhodok is similar to the greeks, (Rhodok and Rhomani) that the Rhodoks are based massively off the lithuanians.  The lithuanians used long pikes in battle, and they won their independence from the germanic order of Teutonic knights at the battle of...Grunwalder.  Name sound familiar.  And pikes played a huge role in that battle.

Yyyyyes, it may be...I really believed, because of their spearmen with pavese and all of that crossbows, that they were inspired to italians/swiss :smile:

good start, but I think the map is too large for a civil war... I think you would do better, as I think you said earlier, to scale down the map to 4 or 5 cities, with each faction holding one to begin with. If you can edit the map to only allow this area, I think you would do well. Possible idea: having nords, vaegirs, etc etc in taverns as mercenaries.

Back
Top Bottom