Cannot find companion after he left

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, first post here, although I registered some time ago :grin:

Anyhow, I did extensive Google search as well as searching through these forums. I have not found a solution to the problem, but I did see others having a similar problem. Just for reference, I have Warband version 1.105.

Namely, one of my companions (Alayen - my strongest fighter :cry:) left me, and I could not reload since I accidentally saved right after he left. This was before I got Ymira, which is why Alayen left - Ymira was the hero he liked, of course, so without her, Marnid and Nizar drove him mad (I have all 16 heroes, and strangely enough, they never leave despite all the quarrels).

Now, the problem is, I cannot find him no matter what. About thirty days have passed, and the Travellers in the Taverns are still not telling me where he is - I ask, they say "Yes" and I have to say "Nevermind", as if not enough time has passed after Alayen's departure. I scoured all Taverns in Calradia, hundreds of times, and never found Alayen or a Traveller who would answer my question. Does anyone know this bug? Are there any solutions?

P.S. On around day 97 I finally found Ymira, which was about ten days after Alayen left. I found her in a Tavern, but only less than a day after I visited a prison for the first time. What a coincidence - and looks like it was not. You see, I read that Ymira could be found there - but I was not planning to pick her up, since the threads here indicate that causes numerous glitches. However, since I found Ymira in a Tavern right after that, I took her along. I still desperately want Alayen though, as he is the strongest M&B hero, and a noble to boot. I suppose I will even sacrifice one of my heroes, if needed, to get him back.

Gah, I cannot overcome my longwindedness....

P.S. II: I do not think this belongs in the Tech Support, does it?

Back
Top Bottom