List of unofficial tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Darwin

Watchin' your language...
Section Moderator
Descriptions:

Troop Editor:
The Troop Editor allows you to edit the troops.txt, parties.txt, party_templates.txt and factions.txt file almost without any modding knowledge. You can make new troops, eidt the stats ofold troops, add and edit factions and the parties on the map.

Item Editor:
With the Item Editor, you can easily edit your item_kinds1.txt file and add or change the stats of weapons, armors and goods.

kt0's TroopScript:
This script can convert the troops.txt file, perhaps changed with an editor, to a python file which can be used in the ModuleSystem.

kt0's PartyScript:
Same as TroopScript, just with the party_template.txt.

kt0's ItemScript:
Same as TroopScript, just with the item_kinds1.txt.

M&B Simple Compare:
With this small tool, you can compare two .txt files containing variables. It opens the two files, looks for the dividing charakters and tells you which variables are not in the other file. You can copy the difference to your files, editing them.

TweakMB:
With TweakMB you can tweak the .txt files of M&B and WB, that cattle follow you, a "Speak with the guildmaster" option is added to the town menu and much more. Overall, you can do 82 changes.

Pythonic Module Editor:
PyME is a great tool to edit all Python files in a clear GUI. Warband will soon be supported!

Quick Scene Chooser:
This is a modding tool that allows you to jump to any scene defined in your module_scenes file from the quick battles menu, in order to make scene editing more convenient. Just select the “scene chooser” option to browse through an alphabetically organized list of scene files. Press the tab key to return to the menu.

M&B Character Editor:
This editor allows you to edit your exported character's stats.

Mod Installer Script:
This is a NSIS script, with that you can make an installer for your mod easily, including M&B path detection, license, and much more.

M&B Font Customizer:
With M&B FC you can change the font used in your M&B to any that is installed on your computer.

M&B Iron Launcher:
This tool allows you to add custom skelletons, new fonts, new shaders and many more nice features.

M&B WarKit:
With M&B WarKit you can create an installer for your module, even easier than with the NSIS script. Also, it uses a very effective compression method, so that you get a very small installer.

BRFEdit:
You can add and edit models, textures and materials in a .brf file with BRFEdit. It is not very stable and you should use OpenBRF, although it's still beta, instead.

.obj file to strategic map converter:
With this tool you can convert the model of a map to a strategic map for a M&B module.

OpenBRF:
OpenBRF is a great tool for adding and editing models, textures, skeletons and animations in .brf files. Although it's still beta, it's already very stable and useful.

M&B Banner and Flag Standardization Pack:

This pack makes adding your own banners and flags to Mount & Blade faster and easier, while making your results more predictable. It also replaces the default method for making banners and flags and requires minimal coding changes to use.

Thorgrim's Map Editor:
With this map editor you can edit the positions of towns, spawn points and the height and texture of the terrain of the map for your module.

Morgh's Warband Mod Tools:
This tool allows you to edit some of the .txt files and also the module system in a nice, clear GUI.

Modular Item Builder (MiB):
MiB is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) program for editing all of the ModuleSystem files.
Beware, it's in early Beta stage, and currently supports only new troops' creation. It speeds this operation a lot, though.
It will be expanded and made Warband compatible in the shortest time possible.

Hi there! Im new to Warband. I see that there is a map editor made by Thorgrim, I downloaded it and it says there is no path to M&B, so I assume it is just for M&B and not warband...any way you can help?

Well, you could've just noticed that on the list, but anyway...

I don't think, that there's a map editor for WB already, you could try the .obj file to strategic map converter, though.

Here's a description you can put for MiB, Darwin.
MiB is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) program for editing all of the ModuleSystem files.
Beware, it's in early Beta stage, and currently supports only new troops' creation. It speeds this operation a lot, though.

And by the way, cool thread! I wish it existed when I began to mod...

Lumos said:
Here's a description you can put for MiB, Darwin.

And by the way, cool thread! I wish it existed when I began to mod...

Thanks, will add the description in a second. :smile:

homeworlder said:
this is cool programs but i cant get the PyMe to work properly :oops: ! can anyone give a fast tutorial ?

It Says: The PyMe data for Mount and blade 1.011 is not properly configured.
Check out the Configuration menu or edit PyMe.ini.
Then,re-check the version option in the Version menu or restart PyMe.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
and ive tried all of those, please help me somebody if you can !

Blue Lion: Check the list. Down the bottom are the ones that work with warband. Under the heading 'Warband Tools'

Back
Top Bottom