Warband crashes when saving after taking a castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Yozzer

Sergeant Knight
All seemed to be OK having re installed Warband and starting a new game with the latest patch, (I did get some script errors which is why I reinstalled), but now I am having problems saving after taking a castle.
I opted to save in a new location instead of PF12 quick save, but the screen froze after selecting the new save name when selecting save.
I pressed alt and tab to see if any messages had shown up, and there was a system message saying there had been a serious error and Warband had stopped running, so the operating system was still OK.
I deleted the old install, then reinstalled Warband and imported my character, but after starting another new game, at day 22, it did it again after taking a castle. I tried loading the previous save, 3 times, and twice more it crashed after taking the castle, but then worked OK on the 3rd attempt.
I have reduced the overclock, though it has been stable for 2 years, and will see how it goes.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Running Windows 7, Q6600 now at 2.8ghz, (was at 3.3ghz), GTX 260 with latest drivers, and have tried it in compatability mode, (2nd try),  but it did the same.

Back
Top Bottom