[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mastafis said:
hey, Poland was a kingdom in 1257, not a duchy

Oh really?  It was neither a kingdom nor a duchy.  Seriously, if you're going to dispute the history behind what I did in the mod at least have some clue.

Mitchmon said:
I am still wondering why he had to Lower the graphics on the map? was it casusing issues?

I removed polished landscapes until GutekFiutek makes fully random for Warband, yes it was causing issues.

If you have issues with high map speed, crashes, make sure you're using version 0.8

I was also running into the problem when closing the battlefield map in battle. The mouse stays active which slows look speed and makes melee attacking much harder.

Can somebody please tell me why this mod is so hard? I have my settings on easiest and I still cant win a tournament. Great mod, but dictating what level we play it at is a bit annoying. I'm crap at this game so if I want to enjoy this game, do I have to stop using this mod? I hope not, as I said before, it's a great mod.

othr said:
Brador said:
i have experienced a bug during battles, some blue line appearing during the battle.

There is some images:

how to put images in the spoiler?
Hmm, do you get glitches like that in other games?  Sometimes that's a sign of a video card going bad, if not try to update your drivers and if you did that then I'm not really sure....  The mod is not doing anything to the landscapes (not since I took out polished landscapes).

Well, this never happened to me in other games or mods, but now i'm trying to update the driver of my video card.

killkhan said:
Can somebody please tell me why this mod is so hard? I have my settings on easiest and I still cant win a tournament. Great mod, but dictating what level we play it at is a bit annoying. I'm crap at this game so if I want to enjoy this game, do I have to stop using this mod? I hope not, as I said before, it's a great mod.

The mod was originally made for M&B, which was very easy to play.  Warband increased the level of difficulty so it may be rather difficult to play at the moment.  It's not my intention to dictate how you play the game.

othr said:
killkhan said:

The mod was originally made for M&B, which was very easy to play.  Warband increased the level of difficulty so it may be rather difficult to play at the moment.  It's not my intention to dictate how you play the game.

I played the latest version of warband and it was know where near as difficult as this, in fact I found it very easy, on easy settings. Trying to build an army or win a tournament on this mod is extremely difficult. Do you think the cause could be the armour or weapons that seem to be so much stronger and easier to get hold of on this mod? Every time I seem to go into battle I lose a lot of good troops and some of the npc's are way to hard to take down. It's like playing with the AI maxed out on every level, and then some.

killkhan said:
othr said:
killkhan said:

I played the latest version of warband and it was know where near as difficult as this, in fact I found it very easy, on easy settings. Trying to build an army or win a tournament on this mod is extremely difficult. Do you think the cause could be the armour or weapons that seem to be so much stronger and easier to get hold of on this mod? Every time I seem to go into battle I lose a lot of good troops and some of the npc's are way to hard to take down. It's like playing with the AI maxed out on every level, and then some.
Nope the AI is as stupid as it's always been.  The troops have higher stats though.

First a thumb up for a great mod.

i know this is your mod althought i have one complain and it is the campaign map beeing to fast atleast in (0.7) i don't know if just my brain is to slow or something. but i do think it should be faster then the warband expansion but just abit. my suggestion would be that the "world" map speed should  be something inbetween 0.7 1257 AD and the warband expansion.

but that is just my opinion, it is still a great mod. and iam off to try 0.8 now.

othr said:
killkhan said:
othr said:
killkhan said:

Nope the AI is as stupid as it's always been.  The troops have higher stats though.

Is it possible to tone the difficulty down? If it is, are you planning on toning the difficulty down?

obidijus said:
Mastafis said:
No Poland was not a kingdom in 1257,but Serbia was. :smile:
Nemanjic dynasty. :wink:

Yes it was divided by smaller states until poland was united in 1320 ,but you techinally can call more of a kingdom then duchy...  . Then it become a commenweath of Poland and Lithuania and the golden age began <.<

(I'm polish so yeah)

And screw serbia :razz: ... there could be so much better nations that could be put in since serbia wasnt really strong at that time it was just raped by the Ottomans and Hungary

Yes, I'm planning on reducing the inflated stats to make it more compatible with warband.

MeHoW said:
obidijus said:
Mastafis said:

Yes it was divided by smaller states until poland was united in 1320 ,but you techinally can call more of a kingdom then duchy...  . Then it become a commenweath of Poland and Lithuania and the golden age began <.<

(I'm polish so yeah)

And screw serbia :razz: ... there could be so much better nations that could be put in since serbia wasnt really strong at that time it was just raped by the Ottomans and Hungary
Dude you got it wrong,ottomans came at the end of 14 century,and from 1257 until 1459 when Serbia falls under ottomans,you got 202 years in which Serbian kingdom(and latter on empire) became strongest in this part of world,crushing hungary,bulgaria and byzantine empire.And just one more thing.If Serbs were not giving such a fierce resistance to the ottomans for centuries(as a part of serbian army and latter hungarian and austrian armies)your precious poland-lithuanian commonwealth would never existed,because turks would be spreading like a cancer across half of europe.Cheers  :wink:

othr said:
Mitchmon said:
I am still wondering why he had to Lower the graphics on the map? was it casusing issues?

I removed polished landscapes until GutekFiutek makes fully random for Warband, yes it was causing issues.

If you have issues with high map speed, crashes, make sure you're using version 0.8
Oh man when did 0.8 come out? Today/Yesterday? Damn! And I do love polished landscapes... any word from GutekFiutek on when/if it will be compatible?

I'd like to recommend this image:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Servia1350AD.png
Now the question: which part of Hungary falls under the green blob on this map?
obidijus said:
MeHoW said:
obidijus said:
Mastafis said:

(I'm polish so yeah)

Dude you got it wrong,ottomans came at the end of 14 century,and from 1257 until 1459 when Serbia falls under ottomans,you got 202 years in which Serbian kingdom(and latter on empire) became strongest in this part of world,crushing hungary,bulgaria and byzantine empire.And just one more thing.If Serbs were not giving such a fierce resistance to the ottomans for centuries(as a part of serbian army and latter hungarian and austrian armies)your precious poland-lithuanian commonwealth would never existed,because turks would be spreading like a cancer across half of europe.Cheers  :wink:

This mod looks fricken sweet.  Cant wait to play.  When its done downloading and I play it a while I'll come back and tell you what I think.

Just relax.  There is no need for bashing other nations, it creates unnecessary spam and bad blood.

It helps me that I'm a mongrel and have no allegiance to any particular nation (although there are a few I remember fondly!).  I also speak a whole bunch of languages and all of them with an accent, yes?  So try to calm down and approach it with respect for others!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom