Map Editor for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

It doesn't run under Warband, also editing only map.txt and parties.txt files it gives me errors when i try to load the map.

Asadex said:
It doesn't run under Warband, also editing only map.txt and parties.txt files it gives me errors when i try to load the map.

Edit Settings.cfg to direct to your warband directory and then set your mod to whatever you wish.

In order for icons to work you have to take the Map_Icons.brfs in the common res folder of a 1.003 game and put them in your warband's commonres folder (Back up your current ones first, the game will not run on the 1.003 ones and will crash on startup) then the icons will be correct on the map editor.

Shadowclaimer said:
Asadex said:

Edit Settings.cfg to direct to your warband directory and then set your mod to whatever you wish.

In order for icons to work you have to take the Map_Icons.brfs in the common res folder of a 1.003 game and put them in your warband's commonres folder (Back up your current ones first, the game will not run on the 1.003 ones and will crash on startup) then the icons will be correct on the map editor.

I found the file for settings.cfg but how do I make it so it directs with the warband directory? where is the warband directory? Sorry I am new to mods  :cry:

not only does it not work well with warband as far as icons you also cant use the get map coordinates
while pressing & holding down z without buggy/wrong results   

move it around & try yourself   

we need a map editor update/patch for use with warband.

Using the map editor for warband is simple.

Copy the following from Mount & Blade\Common Res to Warband\Common Res

map_icons_b.brf
map_tree_meshes.brf

Edit the settings.cfg file in the map editors editorData folder to point to your main Warband folder.

Enjoy! :smile:

I tried this procedure, then it worked.

1. Download and install the editor into your Warband installation folder.
2. Open 'Settings.cfg' and find the line that says 'mbPath= Auto'.
3. Replace 'Auto' with your game directory path.
4. Rename your game directory to 'Mount & Blade'.
5. Run the editor.

If you don't know how to input a simple path to warband, much less not know how to find it....  then there's very little chance of you being able to modify the map....

Download the FREE M&B.  Edit the M&B map and copy the map.txt  to your warband mod.  Make the changes in parties.txt reflected in your module_parties.py and recompile.

for the Z function,  change all the villages to  icon_village_c.    Be careful adding bridges until the last, it will break the function as well and I didn't care enough to find out why.

Malnedra said:
If you don't know how to input a simple path to warband, much less not know how to find it....  then there's very little chance of you being able to modify the map....

Regardless.

Shadowclaimer said:
Asadex said:

HOW THE F*CK DO I EVEN EDIT IT TO WARBAND ?!

Ok, I had a look around, had a play and BAMM! worked it out  :mrgreen:

I'll go step by step and Kudos to Yoshi , Cotus Arci and Paryzo for the info and thanks to Idibil for the inspiration and a great mod (Brytenwalda) . If I missed anyone else kudos to you as well.

There is a few ways to do this and this is Just the way I got it to work, also this is just a Tutorial to show you how to get the editor to work, not how to use the editor ( I'm still learning as well :razz: ), enjoy!
1. You _must_ have M&B AND WB. If you don't have M&B get it here --->> http://www.taleworlds.com/download.aspx?type=1  (Don't install yet)

[2. Download Thorgrim's Map Editor 0.9.0, http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=90  (Don't install yet)

3. Create a folder somewhere you can easily access (Like the desktop) Call this folder mb- map edit or something (whatever u like), then create 4 more folders so it's lay out like this

mb - map edit
- wb - comres
- mb - comres
- map editor
- wb backup

4. Now it's time to install your downloads, I put M&B in the same place under 'mb - map edit'  and installed the map editor into the 'map editor' folder.

5. Got to your warband module folder  'Mount and Blade Warband/Modules/Native' (or whatever your module is) and copy the three files 'map.txt' 'map_icons.txt' and 'parties.txt' into wb backup folder ( Just in case you mess something up) ...also Don't just drag into the folder, you HavE to 'copy' the files into the folder

6. Go to your Mount&Blade Warband/Common/Res/ folder and copy any file starting with map*.brf  to your ' wb - comres ' folder and then do the same with your  Mount and Blade/Common/Res/  map*.brf files and copy them into the 'mb - comres' folder.

7. Go to your map editor folder and open the following file : \M&BMapEditor\editorData\settings .cfg and change the 'mbPath=auto' to your warband folder ie

mbPath=E:/Mount&Blade Warband

# NOTE: use / NOT \ as a separator or it will not work

8. Finally! yes we are almost there. All you have to do now is copy the contents of the mb -comres folder to your Mount&Blade Warband/Common/Res/ folder and run the editor, if I have told you the correct way you should see the warband map loaded in the editor, if you get  a "can not find message" make sure you do not add a '/ or a \' at the end of the path in the system.cfg file under mbpath= ( again ie. mbPath=E:/Mount&Blade Warband )

9. Now the fun part, finish editing, save the map when you press escape and then copy the map.txt , map_icon.txt and parties.txt from the 'Mount&Blade Warband' folder to the 'Mount&Blade Warband/modules/Native' (or your mods) folder.

10. VERY IMPORTANT . before loading Warband again, copy the files from your 'wb - comres' back into 'Mount&Blade Warband/Common/Res/' folder.

11.DONE! Now just make sure edit and cheats are enabled when you load the launcher and start a new game, When the game starts skip the first mission the using ctrl and left mouse go to a spot where you'd like to move a town to or whatever and hold ctrl and press 'E' it'll show you the location on the map =) ...there's so much more you can do with Mount & Blade and Warband, if your new to modding look up info on the module system and go from there, we all started somewhere =P

- Gothy

taragoth!

thank u for the "tutorial" its looks working-but i had to ask, how could be the cityes and villages edited? in this version of this special map editor i cant even move the villages-the castles and citys can be moved, but no rename options or anything else...

Back
Top Bottom