Map Editor for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I've followed your steps Taragoth but I ran into an error.

LoadDDSTexturefile couldn't find, or failed to load ""C:/Program Files (X86)/Mount&Blade/Textures/quests_window.dds" and Trees.dds

I'm very new to modding myself but nothing mentions about those files in your tutorial.
You have any idea what might cause this and how I can solve this?

Posted by: Delzaros
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »

I've followed your steps Taragoth but I ran into an error.

LoadDDSTexturefile couldn't find, or failed to load ""C:/Program Files (X86)/Mount&Blade/Textures/quests_window.dds" and Trees.dds

I'm very new to modding myself but nothing mentions about those files in your tutorial.
You have any idea what might cause this and how I can solve this?

I had the same Problem , but after some time of trial and error it now works for me.
First of i didn´t do Taragoth steps, but received the same error then you.

Well for me it was all in the Settings.cfg

Here is my working .cfg, which automatically loads the map of the Module "Europe 1200":

#  Change these settings at your own risk
#  Don't include any spaces for now

#  Mount & Blade path
# use "." if running the editor from the root M&B directory
# use "auto" to auto detect M&B path
# or type in the full path: eg "C:/games/Mount&Blade"
# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator
mbPath=auto

#  Module to open
Mod=Europe 1200

As you can see i didn´t alter the mbpath. I installed the editor in the local warband folder . The "Folder : EditorData" from the editor with your settings.cfg is right beside the modules, and the rest of the local folders. Now if i altered in the settings.cfg the  mbpath to my actual installation path, i received the same error.
Like explained in the txt you only need to modify this if you install your editor anywhere else then in your local mount & blade warband folder.

If it is installed in the local folder like i explained above you just need to enter under " Module to open; MOD=" the folder of your module, where the editor should open the map from.
Since i wanted the europe 1200 map as basis i entered europe 1200, because my Module resides under that name.
I hope i could help a little bit

It's good to see that it's working for some people at last  :grin: , I have a question. Has anyone been able to import maps created in photoshop/gimp using the topographical map idea? I can edit a map no problem but trying to import a bmp for the main map and the mountains I see nothing when I import and the files are in the correct directory and I used the color map given with the app. Any help would be cool  :mrgreen:

taragoth said:
It's good to see that it's working for some people at last  :grin: , I have a question. Has anyone been able to import maps created in photoshop/gimp using the topographical map idea? I can edit a map no problem but trying to import a bmp for the main map and the mountains I see nothing when I import and the files are in the correct directory and I used the color map given with the app. Any help would be cool  :mrgreen:

I recently figured this out as well, have you converted it to a 24-bit bmp?

Nay, will try and see what happens.. got some time up my sleeves now cheers brother.

I got another annoying problem, maybe someone had the same and could help me.
My problem is that the map editor doesn´t show any fonts at all. I mean no fps, etc in left corner, or city names, shortcuts in the right corner.
I can´t even see the "Menu" written on the tab at the bottom right side  of the editor, nor the density at the bottom tab.So in other words nothing is displayed that has any fonts in it.
I´m aware that using Warband might cause problems but i´m not sure thats the reason.
i tried anything in the font department for windows in the control panel and system panel, but nothing.
Or is it a settings.cfg problem with font size or anything of the like?
thx in advance for the help

I believe using warband is the problem. Try downloading the demo of plain M&B from the taleworlds website, and then edit your map from there, and copy over map.txt, map_icons.txt and parties.txt to warband once you're done :smile:

Posted by: coolguyz
« on: Today at 06:19:10 PM »

I believe using warband is the problem. Try downloading the demo of plain M&B from the taleworlds website, and then edit your map from there, and copy over map.txt, map_icons.txt and parties.txt to warband once you're done :smile:

Ah damn , i feared my last resort would be to edit my map in M&B. Ty for the quick help

Well I got it to work :mrgreen: If I can anyone can, thanks Cool for the help.  :lol:

aussie.png

Just some Awesome country I just happen to live in used as a trial piece.

Through this I have realised it isn't the bmp size that counts, its the actual settings.cfg that needs to be set up and as Cool said, you need the map.txt, map_icons.txt and parties.txt, unfortunately I had to end up getting the demo version of MB as well.

Hey Guys!
I've got Thorgrims to load my map and create a new one successfully, I can even load the height map I'm basing my map on and all the terrain works correctly.

However, it keeps crashing, times vary but it always crashes after I load the height map, it usually letsme do a few things and then dies.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I'm trying to make a map of Middle Earth for my mod, so if any of you happen to have one lying around that you wouldn't mind me using that would be easier of course  :wink:

Monkeys_Uncle said:
I've got Thorgrims to load my map and create a new one successfully, I can even load the height map I'm basing my map on and all the terrain works correctly.
Awesome! well done.
However, it keeps crashing, times vary but it always crashes after I load the height map, it usually lets me do a few things and then dies.
Any ideas how to fix it?
I had some similar problems, I found that when I made the height map I made it so it really only raised the surface enough to give me a guideline of where to edit. It worked after that for me, maybe it might work for you. Oh and make sure your using M&B to edit.. I'm positive you know the rest. map.txt ect
I'm trying to make a map of Middle Earth for my mod, so if any of you happen to have one lying around that you wouldn't mind me using that would be easier of course  :wink:
As for maps of middle earth, no idea, there is a few LOTR mods so maybe there's a OSP map somewhere oh while I'm talking OSP items there's allot here otherwise just ask around bud  :mrgreen:

Thanks!
Making the Height map less extreme seems to have sorted the problem.

Thorgrim's is now working fine with no crashes!

1000Ninjas, you think you could change the name of the topic to 'Using the old map editor with Warband' maybe or something like it... people get over excited when they see the words 'Map Editor' in a new topic these days.  :mrgreen:

I was wondering if this map editor not work if the copy is bought through steam.  Because every time I try to run it, it keeps saying this and that texture is missing.  Does anyone know?

taragoth said:
1000Ninjas, you think you could change the name of the topic to 'Using the old map editor with Warband' maybe or something like it... people get over excited when they see the words 'Map Editor' in a new topic these days.  :mrgreen:

No harm in getting excited :eek: (it'll help keep those currently working on the problem motivated), two similar thread topics are accurate (although still very much works in progress):

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136721.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,177057.0.html

Bloodpass said:
taragoth said:

No harm in getting excited :eek: (it'll help keep those currently working on the problem motivated), two similar thread topics are accurate (although still very much works in progress):

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136721.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,177057.0.html

:lol:  Agreed!

Ok can someone just make a map editor for mb warband I aint gonna download mb my downoad accelerator is a pain in the ass always  geting broken its annoying so plss I need a map editor for my assasins creed mod for mb warband just changed the names and faction names and unit names changed sarraninds sultane
name to Assasins Order and for swaida Templars and changed the faction tree for Sarranid Sultane :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back
Top Bottom