Author Topic: Map Editor for Warband  (Read 35200 times)

insane warrior

• Squire
  • Self-respect is the fruit of discipline *Medith*
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Dovakinn
  • WBWF&SNW
Re: Map Editor for Warband
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »
It doesn't run under Warband, also editing only map.txt and parties.txt files it gives me errors when i try to load the map.

Edit Settings.cfg to direct to your warband directory and then set your mod to whatever you wish.

In order for icons to work you have to take the Map_Icons.brfs in the common res folder of a 1.003 game and put them in your warband's commonres folder (Back up your current ones first, the game will not run on the 1.003 ones and will crash on startup) then the icons will be correct on the map editor.

HOW THE F*CK DO I EVEN EDIT IT TO WARBAND ?!
Bye Mount&Blade Warband it was a great time.

GetAssista

• Grandmaster Knight
  • TLD corovan robber
    • View Profile
  • M&BWF&S
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
HOW THE F*CK DO I EVEN EDIT IT TO WARBAND ?!
You can't - due to lack of either patience, or braincells, or the ability to read the thread, judging by your post.

insane warrior

• Squire
  • Self-respect is the fruit of discipline *Medith*
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Dovakinn
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
it workd but now it only says couth't load "textures and shit"
Bye Mount&Blade Warband it was a great time.

taragoth

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 06:27:29 PM »
Ok, I had a look around, had a play and BAMM! worked it out  :mrgreen:

I'll go step by step and Kudos to Yoshi , Cotus Arci and Paryzo for the info and thanks to Idibil for the inspiration and a great mod (Brytenwalda) . If I missed anyone else kudos to you as well.

There is a few ways to do this and this is Just the way I got it to work, also this is just a Tutorial to show you how to get the editor to work, not how to use the editor ( I'm still learning as well :P ), enjoy!
(click to show/hide)

mikkamakka

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:29 AM »
taragoth!

thank u for the "tutorial" its looks working-but i had to ask, how could be the cityes and villages edited? in this version of this special map editor i cant even move the villages-the castles and citys can be moved, but no rename options or anything else...

Delzaros

• Sergeant
  • Back in action!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Delzaros
  • WBNW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
I've followed your steps Taragoth but I ran into an error.

LoadDDSTexturefile couldn't find, or failed to load ""C:/Program Files (X86)/Mount&Blade/Textures/quests_window.dds" and Trees.dds

I'm very new to modding myself but nothing mentions about those files in your tutorial.
You have any idea what might cause this and how I can solve this?
The Vaegir axes will slice you as I will with a spoon in butter!... uhhh?

Click here to download my new UI mod.
http://delzarosmodding.robhost.nl

mastercheff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »

Posted by: Delzaros
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »

I've followed your steps Taragoth but I ran into an error.

LoadDDSTexturefile couldn't find, or failed to load ""C:/Program Files (X86)/Mount&Blade/Textures/quests_window.dds" and Trees.dds

I'm very new to modding myself but nothing mentions about those files in your tutorial.
You have any idea what might cause this and how I can solve this?

I had the same Problem , but after some time of trial and error it now works for me.
First of i didn´t do Taragoth steps, but received the same error then you.

Well for me it was all in the Settings.cfg

Here is my working .cfg, which automatically loads the map of the Module "Europe 1200":

#  Change these settings at your own risk
#  Don't include any spaces for now

#  Mount & Blade path
# use "." if running the editor from the root M&B directory
# use "auto" to auto detect M&B path
# or type in the full path: eg "C:/games/Mount&Blade"
# NOTE: if typing the full path, use / NOT \ as a separator
mbPath=auto

#  Module to open
Mod=Europe 1200

As you can see i didn´t alter the mbpath. I installed the editor in the local warband folder . The "Folder : EditorData" from the editor with your settings.cfg is right beside the modules, and the rest of the local folders. Now if i altered in the settings.cfg the  mbpath to my actual installation path, i received the same error.
Like explained in the txt you only need to modify this if you install your editor anywhere else then in your local mount & blade warband folder.

If it is installed in the local folder like i explained above you just need to enter under " Module to open; MOD=" the folder of your module, where the editor should open the map from.
Since i wanted the europe 1200 map as basis i entered europe 1200, because my Module resides under that name.
 I hope i could help a little bit

taragoth

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
It's good to see that it's working for some people at last  :D , I have a question. Has anyone been able to import maps created in photoshop/gimp using the topographical map idea? I can edit a map no problem but trying to import a bmp for the main map and the mountains I see nothing when I import and the files are in the correct directory and I used the color map given with the app. Any help would be cool  :mrgreen:

Delzaros

• Sergeant
  • Back in action!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Delzaros
  • WBNW
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 04:42:45 AM »
Thx mastercheff I'll look into it later, as I'm busy building scenes for Cruger's Europe 1200 Mod.
The Vaegir axes will slice you as I will with a spoon in butter!... uhhh?

Click here to download my new UI mod.
http://delzarosmodding.robhost.nl

coolguyz

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:01 AM »
It's good to see that it's working for some people at last  :D , I have a question. Has anyone been able to import maps created in photoshop/gimp using the topographical map idea? I can edit a map no problem but trying to import a bmp for the main map and the mountains I see nothing when I import and the files are in the correct directory and I used the color map given with the app. Any help would be cool  :mrgreen:

I recently figured this out as well, have you converted it to a 24-bit bmp?

taragoth

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:04 AM »
Nay, will try and see what happens.. got some time up my sleeves now cheers brother.

mastercheff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »
I got another annoying problem, maybe someone had the same and could help me.
My problem is that the map editor doesn´t show any fonts at all. I mean no fps, etc in left corner, or city names, shortcuts in the right corner.
I can´t even see the "Menu" written on the tab at the bottom right side  of the editor, nor the density at the bottom tab.So in other words nothing is displayed that has any fonts in it.
I´m aware that using Warband might cause problems but i´m not sure thats the reason.
i tried anything in the font department for windows in the control panel and system panel, but nothing.
Or is it a settings.cfg problem with font size or anything of the like?
thx in advance for the help

coolguyz

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
I believe using warband is the problem. Try downloading the demo of plain M&B from the taleworlds website, and then edit your map from there, and copy over map.txt, map_icons.txt and parties.txt to warband once you're done :)

mastercheff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 07:05:55 PM »
Posted by: coolguyz
« on: Today at 06:19:10 PM »

I believe using warband is the problem. Try downloading the demo of plain M&B from the taleworlds website, and then edit your map from there, and copy over map.txt, map_icons.txt and parties.txt to warband once you're done :)

Ah damn , i feared my last resort would be to edit my map in M&B. Ty for the quick help

taragoth

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »
Well I got it to work :mrgreen: If I can anyone can, thanks Cool for the help.  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Through this I have realised it isn't the bmp size that counts, its the actual settings.cfg that needs to be set up and as Cool said, you need the map.txt, map_icons.txt and parties.txt, unfortunately I had to end up getting the demo version of MB as well.