SP Native Better Banners Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you do requests aswell?

If so, could you maybe make this one:
newspearmiltia3.jpg

The brown background with the yellow symbol on the armour some men are wearing.
This is the yellow symbol:
ruswi0.jpg

So that yellow thing on a brown background?

I would be verry gratefull

Strange - I seem to have a problem. the map banner and personal banner appear to be different.

I've had a little problem with your banners pack. I installed it with just the three lines in module.ini:

load_module_resource = std_banners
load_module_resource = std_banners_default
load_module_resource = std_flags_vertical

Everything fine, I load up, select my banner - I have the sword and wings on a green field. But, when I start the game and get sent to the main map, I get a different banner on the main map (a golden star pattern).

I thought I may have installed it incorrectly, so I re-read your instructions and realised I had not commented out the lines in module.ini. I therefore went to change the additional data in module.ini:

I try setting the # against these lines in module.ini:
#load_module_resource = banners
#load_module_resource = map_flags
#load_module_resource = map_flags_b
#load_module_resource = map_flags_c
#load_module_resource= map_flags_d

and when I do, I load up, start a new game, and  I get a crash to desktop with "RGL ERROR":

get_object failed for mesh: map_flag_kingdom_a

Any advice? - please help?

davemc1974 said:
Strange - I seem to have a problem. the map banner and personal banner appear to be different.

I've had a little problem with your banners pack. I installed it with just the three lines in module.ini:

Everything fine, I load up, select my banner - I have the sword and wings on a green field. But, when I start the game and get sent to the main map, I get a different banner on the main map (a golden star pattern).

I thought I may have installed it incorrectly, so I re-read your instructions and realised I had not commented out the lines in module.ini. I therefore went to change the additional data in module.ini:

and when I do, I load up, start a new game, and  I get a crash to desktop with "RGL ERROR":

I'm having the exact same problem.  The banners work fine in battle, but not on the map.  If I comment out the lines as per the instructions, the game drops to that RGL error.

realXavori said:
davemc1974 said:

I'm having the exact same problem.  The banners work fine in battle, but not on the map.  If I comment out the lines as per the instructions, the game drops to that RGL error.

Strange, worked for me. Hmm. make sure "#load_module_resource= map_flags_d" is actually set to "#load_module_resource = map_flags_d" (a space before the =)

Okay, I feel silly now...

I accidentally copied the vanilla files instead of the warband files into my module.  :oops: Copied the right files, all better.  :razz:

Too bad these banners mostly use "two colors". I mean when printed on armor.
I think it is a warband issue, but it does this aweful thing on the arms :

dd0b57950edef8469250875564a7b.jpg

Solution : make the back side the same color as the other.

Nevermind, it may have been fixed in 1.112 :
# Incorrect coloring of heraldic mails is fixed.

I don't get all the new banners either; only some of them are new; the rest are old from Warband :\

EDIT: Reverted back to vanilla files... Odd though, did exactly like it says and even checked the .dds files; everything was there. Not using any other mods or other modules for that matter and tried it on the native module.

ForceRecon569 said:
i want to get the better banners mod two but its a older version can i download both?  :?:
As this is a purely aesthetic thing the version shouldn't matter.
And it didn't for me, if that helps you.

Edit your posts instead of posting twice consecutively. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what happened?  :shock:
I just installed this mod, started a new game, didnt like the banners that much (lol sorry!).
So i removed the mod again, all steps taken properly, no fuss no mistakes.

Now i reloaded that savegame and the entire game is filled with new awesome banners i've never seen before, ever!
Well, ive never seen them when choosing a banner at the start of a new game anyway (isnt that all of them?)
They are all in the same style as the vanilla banners, in fact the vanilla banners are still there from time to time, but most of them are completely new to me o_O
I didnt forget to remove the # in front of the various spots in module.ini, i didnt forget to remove the textures nor the resource files..

Its all back to 100% vanilla, but new banners o_O
Or are they multiplayer clan banner or something, that happened to find their way into my campaign? lol

Hello love the banners and the source material, quick question if you can help. I can use polished landscape and this mod fine in WB but if I combine them I get the error "get object failed for body:bo_banner_pole". Wouldn't think a landscape and a banner mod would conflict, if you could shed any light on what the conflict might be it would be great if not, no problem. Couldn't find much info on the file except that its a collision mesh. Thanks.

Great job on this, I really love it. However, I noticed that one of the banners was a duplicate (the one that looks like an eagles head) - so I opened up the dds files and plopped my custom banner on one of them. But when I was playing I noticed that another lord had my custom banner as well. It seems that 2 banner IDs are using the same texture and it's not 2 banners with identical textures.

Have you noticed this and/or fixed it?

Back
Top Bottom