[S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Troops - Wages and upgrade cost, do you like it?

• Yes, guard it

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • I like wages system, but i like less upgrade cost

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I like less wages and upgrade cost

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I want most cost for wages and upgrade

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image-89E8_4BF13DC3.jpg

Awesome map.

And by the way... I'm gonna love killing picts.

Are there gonna be saxons in the mod? I would like to kick some viking asses too...

According to the description there'll be Saxons, and Jutes are Danes (from Jutland),
although it's not until around year 800 the vikings from overseas begin to raid.
The Jutes are just settlers like the Saxons.

Adorno said:
Classic Picts. Nice underpants  :smile:

thx, adorno  :grin: They need a taparrabos for younger players.
too, it dont see well, but I have use pict simbols in tatoo:

symbols_big.gif

Revan Shan said:
Awesome map.

And by the way... I'm gonna love killing picts.

Are there gonna be saxons in the mod? I would like to kick some viking asses too...

Adorno said:
According to the description there'll be Saxons, and Jutes are Danes (from Jutland),

Yes, u have 31 factions and 6 cultures here. Cultures are: saxons, angles, jutes, britons, picts, and irish.
Too, there are much others races in companions and bandits, like franks warriors, visighotic mercenaries, o danish pirates.
Vikings (like big emigration, invasion etc..., if we can call they vikings hehe) dont attack until IX century- Like said Adorno, Jutes are people of actually danish country, if they serve u.

Despite being so unknown, possibly time trying brytenwalda and Songs of Taliesin, is much more violent and terrible that the Danish invasions, The Britons were confronted with a wild wave of invasion of (not one) three different people (saxons, anglos and jutes), and north, picts avanced about Hadrian's Wall.

The east was not quieter. Irish pirates (scotti) colonized land on the coast, and Ireland (Hibernia) itself was a hotbed of intrigue and war.

Different people, who crossed the sea reading to stay.

Saxon Town: Oxenaforda :grin:

Oxenaforda (Oxford)

Oxenaforda (oxen´s ford or Ford of the Ox) was situated on the major route from London (Lunderwic) to northwest.
Oxenaforda date from Roman times, when they served the industry in the area. As an Anglo Saxon town, it became a burh; there are examples of coins bearing the name Ohsnafordia.

At VII Century, Oxford was Mercian (The March kingdom) Town, ruled for legendary  King Penda (You soon know him when i finish Mercian preview). Oxford want capital in this time, but this town was strategic point, where it threatened (and containing) the expansion of Gewissae (Wessex).

ADORNO had do Oxenaforda for ours. Thanks to him!!!  Enjoy these images and you should go sharpening your sword to attack or defend Oxenaforda!

tehlroganglosaxon10.jpg

tehlroganglosaxon11.jpg

tehlroganglosaxon15.jpg

tehlroganglosaxon20.jpg

Credits: Adorno

Uh, this is indeed an interesting mod! I am looking forward to the release of it! :grin:

NEW SCENE by ADORNO: Denisesburna

almerraanglosaxon13.jpg

almerraanglosaxon26.jpg

-------------------------------------

Year 634 A.C, Denisesburna (near Hexham)

Cadwallon, King of Gwynedd -High King of Britain, britons hope-, has fallen on the battlefield, slaying for Oswald, King of Bernicia, Deira and Elmet, Brytenwalda.  A time dies, a new leader rises.

dgndjd.jpg

Briton army, defeated, had fled in all directions. Some brave have found refuge at Denisesburna. It's the end, Anglos advance.

2nq62rs.jpg

There isnt mercy, Denisesburna means the end of the power of Gwynedd.

9vkqxs.jpg

2mziovr.jpg

Soon, in your home!

Note: Original units shown are of Warband.

All the troops and items are native (it's a remake of a Rhodok castle).
Idibil is still working on a beta version to release. I've only got native and feed him the scenes  :smile:

By the way, I love how I make a scene and Idibil brings it to life with a story :smile:

PREVIEW: INFANTRY FORMATIONS

image-C5E0_4C100609.jpg

Wes þu hal*, 

Min nama is*  Dryhten* Cundwalh Coenwalhing.

Remember my name, dog; i am a champion of The March*. I have killed to most of twenty men.
I am here because Idibil forces me to show you the infantry tactics. Be good and listen or this tonight, I will send one of my men to cut your throat with his Seax.

*Wes þu hal = hello, old english
* =My name is
*Dryhten = Warlord in Old English
*The March or Mierce = Mercia at VII century

image-555D_4C100896.jpg

These are my men, my beaduþréat*. they are ugly, stupid and coward, but they obey orders well

*beaduþréat = Warband

image-1E04_4C100609.jpg

Here, You can see in column to them. Now, we begin. In next, They form ranks. It is easy formations if you have a stick handy to beat the clumsy

image-BA53_4C100609.jpg

image-6FB1_4C100609.jpg

Anyway, in my opinion this line is crap, leave it to the dirty Welsh. If you really want to win a battle, pay attention:

Scildweall*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Scildweall = Shieldwall, Old English

image-9758_4C100609.jpg

image-9DE1_4C100896.jpg

image-0761_4C100896.jpg

This form is great, you should learn it well, dog. Scildweall will allow you to win battles, fighting shoulder to shoulder with your men.
You do not understand, right? So green are you? What have they told you about the war? The battle is not courage, nor glory.
Your men will not want to be there, too fear, it will do cost them to use their weapons. You'll have to harangue, yelling, beating them and push them. In the Scildweall will feel obliged to with the partner, and they will fight or they will die. And you too.
Train until you have sore knees and hands calloused by the use of the spear and shield.

Wecg*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Wecg = Wedge

image-8B37_4C100896.jpg

image-30BE_4C100896.jpg

Hear me. This formation is difficult, you use with veteran troops only. You should use it for break enemy Scildweall. But when you use it, you must know that you play the all or nothing, if you fail, your enemies will earn your flank and they kill your men. My advice is you use Scildweall against Scildweall forever.

That is all, dog. Learn soon, because if one day we are in the battlefield as enemies ... I will kill you.

Wes gesund*

*=farewell

-------------------------------

Credit:

Brytenwalda formations system create for Motomataru.

Idibil you are awesome, man. You and Adorno will make a smashing mod.
Good luck. Remember there are never enough features :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom