[S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Troops - Wages and upgrade cost, do you like it?

• Yes, guard it

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • I like wages system, but i like less upgrade cost

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I like less wages and upgrade cost

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I want most cost for wages and upgrade

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Elf said:
El-Diablito said:
About 200 is the cost of upgrading elite soldiers, and I go through literally hundreds of them.

There are more than 20 city in this game. If each city have factory and each factory produce 500 gold/week, a player already have 10.000 weekly income.
Not counting income from fief + trade + ransom + battle loot + pillaging.  imho 200 is still ok.

Thats just a stupifying abuse of a financial system not balanced for 20 cities, and I can make 40.000 a week np just trading.

The point is, why SHOULD I need to earn such *insane* amounts of gold just to upgrade my troops? It creates a skewed balance towards the rest of the economy when you're incentivised to create such an artificial income.

El-Diablito said:
900 man battle (battlesizer set to 1.000)

Ehr would appear i'm nub at posting pictures...any clues as to what i'm doing wrong? :razz:

Sodd it: http://img339.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=mb27.jpg

Enjoy! Alas, footmen aren't very interesting as they always cluster up in the middle and for some reason they don't use formations :S (these are all npc armies btw I joined in the battle myself only).

This was by the way, completely lag free and smooth as you could hope for.

mb27.jpg

mb32c.jpg

mb33.jpg

mb34r.jpg

mb37.jpg

mb38x.jpg

mb41.jpg

mb42.jpg

mb45.jpg

mb56b.jpg

I can't see the screenshots

El-Diablito said:
Thats just a stupifying abuse of a financial system not balanced for 20 cities, and I can make 40.000 a week np just trading.

The point is, why SHOULD I need to earn such *insane* amounts of gold just to upgrade my troops? It creates a skewed balance towards the rest of the economy when you're incentivised to create such an artificial income.

Now you got me confuse, everyone need insane amount of money. In fact the chance of investment is rather low in this game. From what i read even lowly mercenary/soldier will invest their extra money  (if they have) by loaning their money or buying property and take rent. A magnate or great lord will have more chance to collecting money by selling a permit to hunt in their forest, granting monopoly, take double appointment, not paying loan from merchant, etc.

In reality for your soldier to get more equipment, they need more income, usually with land grant. But you can't grant a land to each individual soldier when they raise in rank, so i consider upgrade as kind of abstraction.

If there is no upgrade fee, how do you justify your knight/teulu in the game? How they got money to buy expensive equipment? With their wages? Or they are already there and suddenly have the urge to join us and replacing lower rank unit in our army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom