MP Native Hastiludes of the Paladins - Clan interaction Mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Outlawed

Sergeant Knight
Hello community,

It came to my attention that the only way clans can really face off today was with some sort of scrim on some sort of native game setting.
There aren't any tournaments, or duels, or activities to set these clans apart in peaceful means. The question that arises, is why not?
Well, I'm here to answer that question.

I'm Outlawed, AKA Salahudin from the PRT clan. We at PRT value the idea of peaceful and good competition as much as we value valency in battle. For this I have started a mod project that will include the main following features:

1- Jousting

Jousting will be covered by creating a custom map that will depict a jousting Arena. I'm also looking to have new equipment in the form of armor, lances, and horses that will fit with the clan theme of the mod. The mod will have the custom banners pack so that the clans can have their Heralds portrayed as they go into jousting. One of the main features I'm looking to implement for jousting is breakable lances.

2- Dueling

The dueling that we have come to love and cherish will now have its own Arena as well, this dueling area will put fighters in one-on-one stand offs that determine a winner.

Dueling will also take place on Horseback with a sword and a shield.
3- Knock-Out

More fictional that it is realistic, Knockout involves 3-5 clans at once. Each member will pick a class from a set number of classes and the fighting commences. The last standing clan wins the fight.

4- Archery Competitions

An archery range will provide archers with a test of accuracy and speed. Different forms of competition will take place. On the one hand one test could give archers 10 arrows to fire at a target. Another will test how fast and how accurate an archer can be in a given time period.

There will also be Horse Archery competitions.

While this mod is still in its earliest stages, the team currently includes:

Me - Scenes.
Delro - Models.

We still need some help in some fields.

A coder will be very much appreciated.

An animator will also be very much appreciated. New animations for future releases.

A texture maker/implementer would be greatly appreciated as well.

Finally here are some of the features I'm looking to implement in this mod:

1- The ability to get De-horsed. Put on hold for future releases.
2- Couched lance will now stay down for an extremely short period of time.
3- New animations will be implemented for almost all weapons. Put on hold for future releases.

4- New armor and equipment that show the player's heraldry on the respective armor/equipment that the player has.

And now your first preview!
The List Field (Jousting Arena):
mb13-1.jpg

mb10-1.jpg

mb14-1.jpg

mb12-1.jpg

Things to do:

Maps
- List Field - Done
- Dueling Arena
- Archery Range

Weapons
- Improve length of lances and their designs - Done, just need textures.
- Add arrows with different colored flinches
- Add new selection of battle polearms including new poleaxes, two handed axes and maces.

Equipment
    Armor
    - Implement Heraldry into template positions on several kits
        Joust
            - Add new Jouster armor kits (Helm, Body, Gauntlets, and Boots)
            - Add new horse armor with unique designs with and without caparisons
            - Add stirrups for horse armors
            - Balance new armor stats for Jousting
        Duels
            - Add new dueling armor selections/kits
            - Customize weight and power of the armor to create a maneuverability/strength trade off
        Archery
            - Add new leather/pelt kits with heraldry appearing on some locations of the armor

Attendee clothing
        - Create new clothing for the several types of attendees to be present at the tournaments

- Add non-damage signaling flag/polearm

- Implement shattering-lance feature
- Implement Dehorsing feature
On hold for now.
- Implement new animations
    - new swing animations
    - new animation 'start' animation involving the non-damage flag/polearm
    - new thrust and overhead animations
    - new archery animations
- Implement shorter couch lance period
- Design classes for different game modes and maps

shadowarcher said:
is this going to be like in a knights tale cus if it is i will be glad to download it when its finished

Well, its going to have new equipment, new animations, new horses and new maps.
It will be more historically accurate but its more of a clan/individual interaction type of mod. Think of it as a collection of new game modes.

It is almost exactly like in A Knights Tale. Excepting all the Queen music (though now that I think about it...)

But in all seriousness, what Outlaw said. We want to create a true Medieval Tournament simulation for clan competition, aiming to be as historically accurate as possible.

captain lust said:
It looks like you made a really good job of the scene, actually. Good work.

Thanks! Outlaw is solely responsible for that map; we've been testing it all week and so far it works just as intended. We want to add a lot of flavor to the proceedings though, which is why we need an experienced coder and an animator to help us complete custom actions such as lance breaking, automatic horse removal (for when a rider falls, so that horses get out of the way for the next joust) falling off horses without dying (and without the horse dying either) etc., etc.

Until then we're kind of fudging it :grin:

Alright here is some research regarding horses:

We will have mainly two types of horses for Jousts/Horse back Dueling:

Warmbloods and Destriers

Warmblood

Warmbloods are medium-heavy weight horses. There are several types of Warmblood horses, one will be our hunter. It is a strong horse that has very nice maneuverability but is certainly not meant to be running around in light cav fashion. I would also like to see a Dutch Warmblood modeled into the project. These horses are a bit heavier than the Hunter that we will keep, so they sacrifice speed for mass and power. I propose keeping the Hunter model, but giving the neck some more width and strengthening the hind legs.

Destriers

These are very heavy horses. While no the most popular, even at war, these horses could charge better than any other horses during the Medieval ages.  They were very bulky and had a very strong build up. They will be the slowest, but the strongest in terms of HP and Charge.

Here are some pictures:

shire_equilove.jpg

Bambou__C3_A9talon_de_2_ans.jpg

Next we have horse Archery, Sarranid/Desert/Steppe horses are great for the job, but I would like to only use two types of horses. One is the Sarranid Horse, the second is a new type of horse that I would like to be added to the project, the Mongolian Horse.

These horses were very strong, fast, agile and maneuverable. Their main characteristic in appearance is their large heads and necks. They should take the stats of a Steppe horse but have a little bit more speed and a little bit more HP. Here are some pics:

1220-horse.jpg

315181387_9081196fc3.jpg

Another thing to note down about horses is that the Warmblood should be sized similar to the Hunter. The Destrier should be visually larger. Mongolian horses and Sarranid horses need to look smaller, considerably.

Anyway, just some future research regarding the horses we will be using. I will add some more about what type of armor will be on each horse and how we will implement stronger charges and more damage for specific horse types.

The following is a rough breakdown of the way Faction/Class/Item selection will work on the Joust map

As far as I know, we can replace the two factions with whatever names we want. Each map/arena may have different factions - for the Joust, we will have the Jousters and the Attendees.

Jousters

If the player chooses Jousters, he will become an armored cavalryman equipped with a horse and lance.

The classes will instead be replaced with horse type; so a Jouster's next choice will be as follows;

Warmblood

Destrier

I'd like to add maybe a third option here, maybe a middle ground, or separate Warmblood into Mare and Stallion... but we'll worry about that when we come to it!

After the Jouster makes the choice of horse, they will be presented with a list of equipment.

The Lance

The top slot will be dedicated to the lance. My plan is to have all lances standardized, and leave it up to the jouster to make a stylistic choice. If possible, it would be great to make one of the lance options "match heraldry," and it would simply pull a color or colors from your heraldry choice. There will be at minimum 4 different lances to choose from; I know I've seen up to 4 or 5 weapon choices per row for some classes, and if we can have more than that great, but for now to be safe I'll say 4 minimum.

The Shield

The next choice is the shield. Again, standardized may be best, but regardless all shields will be similar in shape and size to a cavalry shield. They will not be reinforced.

The Foot Weapon

Each Jouster may choose one weapon to use while on foot, in the event that one rider should be dehorsed. Ranged weapons are not allowed.

Choices may include a one handed sword, a mace, a morningstar, or an axe.

If we can figure out how to pre-place equippable items in the map ahead of time, riders may instead be required to approach a weapon rack on their side of the fence in the event of a duel. This would allow more time to prepare for the grounded rider. We may also choose to include a wider variety of weaponry here, like 2h swords, extra shields, warhammers, and spears.

The Armor

Armor stats will be equalized stats-wise, but styles and colors wildly varied. Again, no less than 4 choices here. At least one will include the rider's heraldry. Other options will be various styles of plate and jousting armor, in several choices of color (silver, black, green maybe?)

The Helm

Helms will be required for all riders. Choices will be varied as with the armor. It would be ideal to have a color tag in each armor that allows the helm to swap color to match based on the riders choice, but this may not be possible.

The Footwear

See: helms ;D

The Horse

The bottom slot will be for the horse; a minimum of 4 different styles will be available based on the class of horse the jouster has chosen. The idea is to have a variety of tacking, barding and heraldry placement so each horse will appear unique, even when riders from the same clan face off. This will be especially apparent between two different horse classes.

Attendees

If the player becomes an attendee, he will be able to spawn in with a variety of costumes. Regulars, Knights & Knights Bannerett, as well as warriors from other clans, who are not currently jousting will all fall into this category, as will the stablehand, general spectators, and guards.

After selecting Attendee, the player will be presented with the following choices

Warrior

Within the warrior class will be several armor and weapon options. The first of these will reflect a standard military man's dress when out of battle. It would include a brown, green or black tunic, leather boots, and a sword.

The second would be armor for Knights and higher ranking clan members, and could include heraldric mail with tabards, fancier tunics (perhaps with breast embroideries) and beautiful dresses and gowns (for the daintier ladies.)

Finally, for Clan leaders/Knights Banneret, there will be a set of gilded ornamental plate that incorporates heraldry somewhere on it, a custom weapon, and a circlet (maybe one variation for males and one for females)

Guard

Guard armor and weapon loadouts would be very similar to the options available for infantry; brigandine or mail armor(with a cloak showing the PRT heraldry if possible) segmented helmets, crossbows, spears, and swords. Weapons and armor may have their stats increased to better "put down" rowdy crowds. Think of a guard attack as your first warning before a kick/ban ;D

Peasant

Peasant clothing and costumes will be simple white or brown robes and tunics, farmers hats, rags for feet, etc. There will also be a clean white or blue tunic with brown trim for stablehands/pages.

A simple dress will also be an option for the ladies, the idea will be to allow as many options as possible for spectators in the stands to look varied and interesting.

As far as weapon slots go, peasants may have access to hand held food items like beer and chicken legs, tambourines, banners, switches (for the stablehands,) etc. etc.

A ranged weapon that does no damage (I was thinking Turnip or Cabbage) can also be added for angry peasants who like to boo :grin:

Brilliant stuff Delro. This is very close to what I had in mind, especially for the item selections. I'll talk some more to you on vent, but its good to have these ideas written down like this. Unfortunately the second modeler I contacted said he was busy with two projects already so you either have to teach me how to model or we can get another modeler =P

I'd suggest you add a squire attendee to help the Knights who will be jousting.

He did, however, have some nice textures you could work with:

http://www.filterforge.com/filters/4651-v6.html
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/4651-v5.html

Both are different variations of chain mail.

Outlawed the Destriers look alot like the bretonnian warhorse i think that a Destriers are good candidates for heavy barded warhorses look at them theyr freaking scarry i woulent stand infront of that... add a good coatofarms on top of a mail coat for the horse and u have urself a damn near unstopable warhorse O_O

Plus them horses were used as workhorses i think u know they can take the weight of a chainmail coat and a heraldic coat of arms on top and a knight on top like i woulent be scared to load that horse up lol unlike its feble counterpart for horse archery..wich really looks like an overgrown donkey o_O

Dermeister said:
Outlawed the Destriers look alot like the bretonnian warhorse i think that a Destriers are good candidates for heavy barded warhorses look at them theyr freaking scarry i woulent stand infront of that... add a good coatofarms on top of a mail coat for the horse and u have urself a damn near unstopable warhorse O_O

Plus them horses were used as workhorses i think u know they can take the weight of a chainmail coat and a heraldic coat of arms on top and a knight on top like i woulent be scared to load that horse up lol unlike its feble counterpart for horse archery..wich really looks like an overgrown donkey o_O

They way we will be implementing Heraldic Coats over the mail is the same way done in SP where you could get certain armors that would match your herald. We will add a base texture and then allow you to chose a base color, then your herald would fit on certain locations of the coat.
Also creating long coats might be tough, due to animation issues.

yea thats somthing the initial makers of the game will have to add longer coat of arms for horses and heraldry for them or a way to create your custom coat for ur horse and your heros horses too.

Okay. So this has been dead for a while but now we are back online, I've edited the first post and given up on some features and animations, all will come in future releases. I'll start working on the two scenes, and I'll see if I can get some of the Plate Armor kits lying around =p

Also, any modeler that can help us create longer coats of arms and textures for the lances would be greatly appreciated.

I just noticed this today and it is an excellent idea! I'll probably end up as an angry turnip-throwing peasent since I'm clanless. (Not that I'm complaining. I might have ended up that way even if was in a clan...)

Haha, vegies are amongst the many weapons you would be able to have as a spectator =p Dont let a guard catch you though. Consequences are death XD

Back
Top Bottom