[Warband]Initiating wars as a ruler

Users who are viewing this thread

Right, well I'm the sovereign ruler of the territories of the Khegit Khanate and the Sarranid Sultanate, with 99 right to rule and a whole mess of lords at my disposal. The war with the Sarranid's recently finished and we've been at peace for about a month or so. So I decided it's time to push my claims for the throne of Caladria and deal with the Rhodocks. So I go to my minister and tell him to declare war on the  Rhodocks. I take an absolutely massive hit to my honor (like 25 or so) and lose a metric ton of reputation among my lords. Ok, so I started a war without provocation. I load back (yes, I don't play it on realistic, so sue me), and go attack a caravan instead. The same thing happens. I tried attacking a lord of that faction...same deal.

So does anyone know of any way to start a war without all my lords hating me and losing a quarter of my honor? Because I'm too big, too powerful and have too much right to rule to hope that someone else will declare war onto me...

Sometimes the game gives you an event that says something like "A ____ lord is oppressing the peasants in a town claimed by (insert faction)." These give you an excuse to declare war.

Going off of what the reports of wars say, I'd wager the casus belli are limited to:

-a faction is too powerful
-a faction is holding land another claims

Other than that, I don't know.

A true Calradic Emperor does not answer to his lords. They answer to him! Those who own your rightful lands must fall, whatever others may desire!

Back
Top Bottom