Author Topic: [Warband]Initiating wars as a ruler  (Read 4145 times)

Disturbed5000

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
[Warband]Initiating wars as a ruler
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »
Right, well I'm the sovereign ruler of the territories of the Khegit Khanate and the Sarranid Sultanate, with 99 right to rule and a whole mess of lords at my disposal. The war with the Sarranid's recently finished and we've been at peace for about a month or so. So I decided it's time to push my claims for the throne of Caladria and deal with the Rhodocks. So I go to my minister and tell him to declare war on the  Rhodocks. I take an absolutely massive hit to my honor (like 25 or so) and lose a metric ton of reputation among my lords. Ok, so I started a war without provocation. I load back (yes, I don't play it on realistic, so sue me), and go attack a caravan instead. The same thing happens. I tried attacking a lord of that faction...same deal.

So does anyone know of any way to start a war without all my lords hating me and losing a quarter of my honor? Because I'm too big, too powerful and have too much right to rule to hope that someone else will declare war onto me...

newtype0083

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: [Warband]Initiating wars as a ruler
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:05:10 AM »
Sometimes the game gives you an event that says something like "A ____ lord is oppressing the peasants in a town claimed by (insert faction)." These give you an excuse to declare war.

Going off of what the reports of wars say, I'd wager the casus belli are limited to:

-a faction is too powerful
-a faction is holding land another claims

Other than that, I don't know.

Disturbed5000

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
Well I been waiting for quite a while for that to happen but zip...

Ramidel

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »
A true Calradic Emperor does not answer to his lords. They answer to him! Those who own your rightful lands must fall, whatever others may desire!