[S] Warband - More Arrows, Bolts, Thrown - Itemkinds1 File - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah u shouldn't really **** up your native folder, want to leave that default, I'd suggest go in your modules folder make a copy of native then rename it to somthing like THROWN MOD, then u will need to import your save games from native to it, and its the same result but with an intact native.

dhowlett said:
could you tell me how to reset the throwing weapons and keep the arrows. I just dumbly copyed thefile straight over and forgot to make a save of the orginal so now i need to change back all the thrown ones. Reason being im scared of the thought of facing the nords now lol.

lol...

Someone should sig that.

:lol:

SUBS said:
bgfan said:
The numbers are probably just a bit too high, can you honsetly imagine fitting 250 arrows in a quiver, or carrying 80 axes on your back? It would probably turn out much better if youe were to divide the numbers into either 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of what they are. 100 arrows is probably unrealitic, but it is more realistic than 250, however even 40 thrown weapons is overkill. Something along the lines of 15-20 would be much more balanced.

if you don't like the amounts u can change them yourself, this is hardly a mod, would be sweet tho if somone made an app that does this similar to Janus's battlesizer or TweakMB,

here is how to change the numbers:

- open "item_kinds1"
- press "Ctrl + F" (you should now have a search box)
- Enter the desired item you wish to change - e.g. (BOLT = Crossbow ammo, ARROWS = Bow ammo, THROWING = Thrown ammo,)              <--- CAPS what to search for
- there are multiple types for each category e.g "itm_khergit_arrows Khergit_Arrows Khergit_Arrows 3" is the line u need to look for if u wish to change the amount of arrows in a set of khergit arrows.
- okay so you've found the ammo you wish to change, for this example ill use steel crossbow bolts

itm_steel_bolts Steel_Bolts Steel_Bolts 3  bolt 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  bolt_bag_c 3458764513820540928  16842758 1879048192 210 4398046511112 2.500000 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 63 29 258 0

this is the line of code you need, and the green number is what to change

itm_steel_bolts Steel_Bolts Steel_Bolts 3  bolt 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  bolt_bag_c 3458764513820540928  16842758 1879048192 210 4398046511112 2.500000 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 63 100 258 0

29 -> 100, now save the file, launch the game and each pack of steel crossbow bolts now has 100 in it as opposed to 29 like normal.

and it is exactly the same for all other ranged ammo.
simple  :grin:

- when changing thrown weapons u need to be careful as there is also a line for thrown_melee, which is obviously the melee mode of the weapon - you want to leave that alone

oh and this will be reset to normal each time u patch - how to avoid this, keep a copy of the modded item_kinds file outside your M&B folder and add it in after the patch

thanks for explaining in dummy mode :smile:

and proably a noob question but how do you use range weapons (throwing weapons) for melee? i know its posible but never saw how

cheers!!!!

if you press escape and go to options/controlls its bound, somthing like toggle weapon mode where u can change it to what ever bind u want

defaullt for it is X,

by the way u can also kick now, default E

Thanks to Yitue for the "modded" items.txt! 
I also am too lazy to do it myself ... and yes, 34 arrows for a siege defense is just plain silly! :wink:

And thanks to SUBS for the quick "HOWTO" for changing it to suit personal tastes if I ever get tired of lugging all those heavy arrows around! :wink:

Sage advice about saving the original "items.txt" ... I usually rename files like that to <filename>.<extension>.orig . In this case, it would be "items.txt.orig". Windows will complain about changing the extension making it not work, but that's the idea. This way I can keep the file in the same folder and patching not worry about it.

OldGreyBeard said:
[...]
Sage advice about saving the original "items.txt" ... I usually rename files like that to <filename>.<extension>.orig . In this case, it would be "items.txt.orig". Windows will complain about changing the extension making it not work, but that's the idea. This way I can keep the file in the same folder and patching not worry about it.
Make it easy for yourself and use JSGME, JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler, an app that will take a directory in (e.g. ./MODS/my_mod) and copy over the files into the main dir of the game, backuping files when needed. Sure, M&B has Modules, but with JSGME you can quickly change something and see if it works, without worrying about saving the changed file and al that fuss with backups. :wink:

edit: Btw, it will also notice you if a given mod is overwriting some files that were overwritten by another mod earlier.

bgfan said:
The numbers are probably just a bit too high, can you honsetly imagine fitting 250 arrows in a quiver, or carrying 80 axes on your back? It would probably turn out much better if youe were to divide the numbers into either 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of what they are. 100 arrows is probably unrealitic, but it is more realistic than 250, however even 40 thrown weapons is overkill. Something along the lines of 15-20 would be much more balanced.

Mongol archers, in around 1000 years ago, kept 100 arrows in their quiver attached usually to their horse. I think also that the current numbers of axes carried is more realistic than even 15-20.

BobSels said:
Please tell me that this 'mod' is compatible with multiplayer? (I know it won't, tried it b4)

Some simple 3th party software can be written for that :wink:.

Mod itself:
Good idea, saidly it won't work on mods. So still have to do it myself hehe.

So this applies to my troops as well? would my troops immediately have more arrows/bolts when i apply this? I need help because as of right now my only city will be invaded by 1013 Nords and i only got 238 defenders T_T.

SOrry for my engrish

igibouy said:
So this applies to my troops as well? would my troops immediately have more arrows/bolts when i apply this? I need help because as of right now my only city will be invaded by 1013 Nords and i only got 238 defenders T_T.

SOrry for my engrish

Mass axe spam!  :neutral:

There seems to be a problem with your mod in the lastest patch 1.112. Seems a problem with banners, wich gives red script errors and banners just goes transparent, making, for examples, shields completly transparents

Aldes said:
There seems to be a problem with your mod in the lastest patch 1.112. Seems a problem with banners, which gives red script errors and banners just goes transparent, making, for examples, shields completely transparents

Makes firstperson gaming funnier!

So im not the only one? Also, is there a chance on cutting in half the amount of items? I mean, 80 throwing axes are a bit two much...  :razz:

Sorry guys, but this mod won't work with the new update. they've changed the arrow no. from the second from the end to the third from the end so you'll have to adjust the file yourselves, oh and the no. in the box is for the ordinary arrows, they just scale the large bag's by 10% so if you have large bags, and the no. in the box is 250, you'll get 275.   

I just DL'd and installed this before reading the last post and now i cant run the game.. it crashes as soon as i try to load my save game. Im not computer savvy enough to figure out how to revert to the original file or fix the new one on my own any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks all

just re-install the latest patch, it'll replace the file, or you could just take it from your trash can if you haven't emptied it since

[1.113] can someone please upload their item kinds cause I have done arrows and bolts but I'm not sure about editing all the throwables

Back
Top Bottom